Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/30/2001 10:12:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

bh1971@... writes:

> My training partner has recently discovered a hernia in his lower

> abdomen. It does not cause him pain--yet, is not always present, and

> is only noticeable with some effort to bring " it " out. Other than

> don't do anything to cause too much abdominal pressure, what advice

> on recovery, training, etc. does the list have?

>

> Sincerely,

>

> Hosford

> Spfld. MO

>

I know exactly what your partner is going through. I actually had surgery

just two weeks ago to fix it. The only way that i know to fix a hernia is by

surgery. I noticed mine for about a year but chose not to do anything

because it did not hurt. That was a mistake though. My advice would to go

see a doctor and see what he says. I am still recovering from mine because I

waited to long to get it fixed. If he catches it now then maybe the recovery

time won't be as long.

Nick Mone'

Parma, Ohio

Guest guest

I just had a ventral abdominal hernia surgery on Wednesday of this week. I

developed mine about a month ago while boxing. I never had pain and worked

out on it for about three weeks, but the doctor said to stay off it. Now

its been about three days and I feel fine once again. I'm wondering how

long other people have waited before returning to very light training. The

problem is I understand how important the " core " region is in everyday day

motions and during training, but I want to lessen the detraining effects as

much as possible. Any suggestions would help.

San Diego

Re: Inguinal Hernia

> In a message dated 6/30/2001 10:12:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

> bh1971@... writes:

>

>

> > My training partner has recently discovered a hernia in his lower

> > abdomen. It does not cause him pain--yet, is not always present, and

> > is only noticeable with some effort to bring " it " out. Other than

> > don't do anything to cause too much abdominal pressure, what advice

> > on recovery, training, etc. does the list have?

> >

> > Sincerely,

> >

> > Hosford

> > Spfld. MO

> >

>

>

> I know exactly what your partner is going through. I actually had surgery

> just two weeks ago to fix it. The only way that i know to fix a hernia is

by

> surgery. I noticed mine for about a year but chose not to do anything

> because it did not hurt. That was a mistake though. My advice would to

go

> see a doctor and see what he says. I am still recovering from mine

because I

> waited to long to get it fixed. If he catches it now then maybe the

recovery

> time won't be as long.

>

> Nick Mone'

> Parma, Ohio

>

>

>

• 6 years later...
Guest guest

Savvy:

Several years ago there was a physical therapist in Dallas that solved hernia problems with nothing but exercise.

There was a lot to it but it worked. He isn't here any more. I assume it is in the groin area. If so don't let them put in wire mess to hold it together. you'll have problems in the future

Hope your day is going well

Duke

iodine From: savvysavvy22@...Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 17:32:59 +0000Subject: Inguinal Hernia

One of my children (adult) has a hernia which has gotten worse over the years. Would like to have it repaired but would like information from anyone here who has had this done. What is involved, who in Queretaro might have done the surgery, the experience, the outcome, whole nine yard?. Dubious about surgical procedures here, yet sure that the cost would be less than in the USofA. TIA.Savvy It’s easy to add contacts from Facebook and other social sites through Windows Live™ Messenger. Learn How.

Guest guest

I am sorry. Just two weeks ago I underwent surgery to fix my inguinal hernia and the surgeon has placed a mesh. I am recovering. But it still pains as it used to before the surgery. The only difference is that "it" doesn't descend down. But I start to feel pain after brisk walk or if I don't lie down every few hours. But this was the story before too. The only change due to surgery is that the intestine doesn't descend down. This is my second surgery in the same region. The first one was 18 years ago when the mesh was not known. The original inguinal hernia and the present one occurred due to my lifting of heavy luggage while traveling. I used defective posture at those moments. I distinctly remember when the first feeling of rupture or muscle tear

occurred while lifting the heavy luggage. Now, the surgeon has advised me to avoid weight lifting and any stress on that mesh for 3 months. I am now scared of sex. There are no studies to support these speculative advices of the surgeon.

I wish I knew those physiotherapy exercises that you, Duke Stone, mention to ward off the inguinal hernia.

Ratan.-----------Ratan SinghPhone: 91 141 2652561Address: 7- NA- 16Jawahar NagarJaipur- 302004 INDIA----------- Certificate in Food & Nutrition; Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education.- Author of "Nutrition & Supplements in Major Mental Illnesses";- M.A. (Psychol), Postgraduate Diploma in Medical & Social Psychology, Ph.D.;- Certified Behavior Therapist (from late Prof. J. Wolpe's Unit, Temple University Medical School, Philadelphia, USA);- Hypnotist, Biofeedback and Meditation Therapist.- Family, Marital and Sex Therapist.->Consultant Nutritional & Clinical Psychologist in Jaipur Hospital, India.psych_58@..., www.jaipurmart.com/trade/meditationandhealth, www.ejcbs.commeditationandcancer-subscribeegroups--- On Thu, 6/5/08,

Duke Stone <dukestone@...> wrote:

From: Duke Stone <dukestone@...>Subject: RE: Inguinal Herniaiodine Date: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 11:52 PM

Savvy:Several years ago there was a physical therapist in Dallas that solved hernia problems with nothing but exercise. There was a lot to it but it worked. He isn't here any more. I assume it is in the groin area. If so don't let them put in wire mess to hold it together. you'll have problems in the future

Hope your day is going well

Duke

iodinegroups (DOT) comFrom: savvysavvy22Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 17:32:59 +0000Subject: Inguinal Hernia

One of my children (adult) has a hernia which has gotten worse over the years. Would like to have it repaired but would like information from anyone here who has had this done. What is involved, who in Queretaro might have done the surgery, the experience, the outcome, whole nine yard?. Dubious about surgical procedures here, yet sure that the cost would be less than in the USofA. TIA.Savvy

It’s easy to add contacts from Facebook and other social sites through Windows Live™ Messenger. Learn How.

Guest guest

I'm not sure why this post is in this group,but a HERNIA is a

weakening or a tear in the abdominal wall - most common areas are the

inguinal or groin areas in men - due to heavy lifting.

Very common to use mesh in the repair and YES the testicle will

descend but it is VERY common to have swelling in that area for 1-3

months. You can have sex - just not heavy lifting. This is a

DEPENDENT area of the body so it will swell for a little longer.

I have NEVER heard of physical therapy helping a hole or weakening in

our abdominal area. That doesn't even make sense. You can REDUCE a

hernia if it is reducible and some people say that helps afterwards

by wearing a girdle or strap to support it, but that is temporary.

Sounds like the therapist was NOT honest. Physiologically, therapy

would be impossible to heal a hernia....surgery is the only " cure " .

>

> From: Duke Stone dukestone@...

> Subject: RE: Inguinal Hernia

> iodine

> Date: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 11:52 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Savvy:

> Several years ago there was a physical therapist in Dallas that

solved hernia problems with nothing but exercise.

> There was a lot to it but it worked. He isn't here any more. I

assume it is in the groin area. If so don't let them put in wire mess

to hold it together. you'll have problems in the future

>

>

> & nbsp;

>

> Hope your day is going well

> Duke & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp;

>

>

>

>

>

>

> iodinegroups (DOT) com

> From: savvysavvy22

> Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 17:32:59 +0000

> Subject: Inguinal Hernia

>

>

>

>

> One of my children (adult) has a hernia which has gotten worse over

> the years. Would like to have it repaired but would like

information

> from anyone here who has had this done. What is involved, who in

> Queretaro might have done the surgery, the experience, the outcome,

> whole nine yard?. Dubious about surgical procedures here, yet sure

> that the cost would be less than in the USofA. TIA.

> Savvy

>

>

>

>

>

> It's easy to add contacts from Facebook and other social sites

through Windows Live™ Messenger. Learn How.

>

Guest guest

I am also not sure why this mail is here. But I was only replying to the mail that was already in. I suspect nutrients like protein and vitamin C should be able to build up the collegian to support and patch up the hole in the abdomenal area? But there has been no study on this. After all its a case of tissue building and tussue building and repair is a function of protein intake.

Ratan.---------Ratan SinghPhone: 91 141 2652561Address: 7- NA- 16Jawahar NagarJaipur- 302004 INDIA----------- Certificate in Food & Nutrition; Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education.- Author of "Nutrition & Supplements in Major Mental Illnesses";- M.A. (Psychol), Postgraduate Diploma in Medical & Social Psychology, Ph.D.;- Certified Behavior Therapist (from late Prof. J. Wolpe's Unit, Temple University Medical School, Philadelphia, USA);- Hypnotist, Biofeedback and Meditation Therapist.- Family, Marital and Sex Therapist.->Consultant Nutritional & Clinical Psychologist in Jaipur Hospital, India.psych_58@..., www.jaipurmart.com/trade/meditationandhealth, www.ejcbs.commeditationandcancer-subscribeegroups--- On Fri, 6/6/08,

De <nurse_blondie22@...> wrote:

From: De <nurse_blondie22@...>Subject: Re: Inguinal Herniaiodine Date: Friday, June 6, 2008, 8:00 PM

I'm not sure why this post is in this group,but a HERNIA is a weakening or a tear in the abdominal wall - most common areas are the inguinal or groin areas in men - due to heavy lifting.Very common to use mesh in the repair and YES the testicle will descend but it is VERY common to have swelling in that area for 1-3 months. You can have sex - just not heavy lifting. This is a DEPENDENT area of the body so it will swell for a little longer.I have NEVER heard of physical therapy helping a hole or weakening in our abdominal area. That doesn't even make sense. You can REDUCE a hernia if it is reducible and some people say that helps afterwards by wearing a girdle or strap to support it, but that is temporary. Sounds like the therapist was NOT honest. Physiologically, therapy would be impossible to heal a hernia....surgery is the only "cure".> > From: Duke Stone dukestone@.. .> Subject: RE: Inguinal Hernia> iodinegroups (DOT) com> Date: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 11:52 PM> > > > > > > > Savvy:> Several years ago there was a physical therapist in Dallas that solved hernia problems with nothing but exercise.

> There was a lot to it but it worked. He isn't here any more. I assume it is in the groin area. If so don't let them put in wire mess to hold it together. you'll have problems in the future> > > & nbsp;> > Hope your day is going well> Duke & nbsp; & nbsp; & nbsp; > > > > > > > iodinegroups (DOT) com> From: savvysavvy22> Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 17:32:59 +0000> Subject: Inguinal Hernia> > > > > One of my children (adult) has a hernia which has gotten worse over > the years. Would like to have it repaired but would like information > from anyone here who has had this done. What is involved, who in > Queretaro might have done the surgery, the experience, the outcome, > whole nine yard?. Dubious about surgical procedures here, yet

sure > that the cost would be less than in the USofA. TIA.> Savvy> > > > > > It's easy to add contacts from Facebook and other social sites through Windows Live™ Messenger. Learn How.>