I need to leave 4 hours between the levothyroxine and ferrous sulphate

but wasn't sure if the same applied to the liothyronine, it is

becoming quite tricky trying to fit in the two doses of ferrous

sulphate as well and leave the 4 hour gaps, if I could take a ferrous

sulphate at the same time as the liothyronine it would be a lot more

convenient. Anyway just thought I would ask. Love to u all

Lizzie

HI Lizzie

NEVER take any form of iron any where near taking thyroxine - or liothyronine. I would take your Liothyronine before your breakfast (when you first wake - say 8.00a.m., then take one tablet of Ferrous Sulphate at around noon, another at 4.00p.m. and your thyroxine when you go to bed. I know it's a pain, but that is the best way to do it. If you take iron and thyroid hormone together, it stops the thyroxine being absorbed. You shouldn't take Calcium near thyroxine either.

Luv - Sheila

Hi EveryoneI am just wondering if anyone is aware whether T3 is not absorbedproperly if taken near ferrous sulphate as is levothyroxine. I take mylevothyroxine at night and the T3 liothyronine in the morning. I knowI need to leave 4 hours between the levothyroxine and ferrous sulphatebut wasn't sure if the same applied to the liothyronine, it isbecoming quite tricky trying to fit in the two doses of ferroussulphate as well and leave the 4 hour gaps, if I could take a ferroussulphate at the same time as the liothyronine it would be a lot moreconvenient. Anyway just thought I would ask. Love to u all Lizzie

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1221 - Release Date: 12/01/2008 14:04