RemedySpot.com

Re: Daily Mail

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi nne

Their telephone number is 020 79386000. I have just phoned them and they put me through to their ONLINE Department. I couldn't get a body to speak with, so had to leave a message telling them to have a look at the cause as to why only 4 responses had been posted. I told them who I was and that my members were very upset (after waiting for years for such an article to be written) that they were not being given a chance to air their views. I would suggest that as many of you as possible also telephone the Daily Mail and express your concern that your comment hasn't been published.

I had another Email from Jerome Burne this morning telling me - and the following is an extract from his message - " On the non responsive website, have mentioned it to health editor who says no idea why. She may take it up with web editor but she is so busy she tends to only do what is needed for right now "

Insist that you be put through to the ONLINE DEPARTMENT - and if, like me, you have to leave a message, please do so. I have asked that somebody calls me back to explain what is happening, so please do the same. The more of us who complain, the more likely we are to get something done.

Luv - Sheila

Daily Mail

I am furious that so many messages are not being included, not all are inflammatory and I have sent a message to say the same, our story is not being told to its fullest if none of our messages are being allowed through. I would telephone but a) I don't have the number to hand and B) I am just going to have my breakfast and will be out for the rest of the day, running to a deadline and I hate being late, it is against my nature.

Anyone want to throw a number my way, I will happily call the editor tomorrow morning and give him my very angry thoughts.

Luv nne

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release Date: 06/01/2008 11:57

> The Daily Mail telephone number is 020 79386000.

Hi All,

Just had a look at the Daily Mail website - still on my tea break -

and still no increase in reader comments on the thyroid article. I

phoned and got to speak to a woman in the online office. She lost

her humour when I told her that I wanted to know why there was only 4

replies. She said that as the replies are posted to the article

quickly it meant that only 4 people had sent an email. I told her

that I know a lot of emails had been sent - she said someone would

look into it and put the phone down on me.

Another article on the Daily Mail website - Kathy Burke talking about

her recent illness:-

............. " I had that C.difficile hospital bug that everyone is

going on about. It was an experience. There's not much they can do.

They just let you get on with it. It's a breakdown of the whole

immune system.

" To be fair to the NHS, I did catch the bug because something else

was seriously wrong with me that nobody knew about. My adrenal glands

were packing in.

" Once they opened me up and operated on me, I was susceptible to lots

of other things. "

While preparing to operate on Miss Burke's stomach for an undisclosed

condition, doctors found problems with her adrenal glands, which are

responsible for maintaining the body's energy levels.............

Goodness me - problems with adrenal glands! She probably had

problems for some time and no-one diagnosed it. I wonder if she has

thyroid problems as well.

I have just telephoned the Daily Mail again, and this time, I received an explanation of why there are only 4 comments. I was told that there is only so much space for ANY comments online, and the front page news and other news attracts the most comment. The space would have been taken up with those, and she said, as our article was a feature article on health, priority to comments had to be from the daily news. So, seems we have all wasted our time - there's no room, they have all been 'binned'. We should have stayed up all night on Monday and done our comments then - EeeeK!

Not sure what to suggest now apart from sending a "Letter to the Editor" with our comments, and see if we can get something published in the actually paper. Unless, of course, you have other suggestions.

Luv - Sheila

Re: Daily Mail

> The Daily Mail telephone number is 020 79386000. Hi All,Just had a look at the Daily Mail website - still on my tea break - and still no increase in reader comments on the thyroid article. I phoned and got to speak to a woman in the online office. She lost her humour when I told her that I wanted to know why there was only 4 replies. She said that as the replies are posted to the article quickly it meant that only 4 people had sent an email. I told her that I know a lot of emails had been sent - she said someone would look into it and put the phone down on me.Another article on the Daily Mail website - Kathy Burke talking about her recent illness:-............"I had that C.difficile hospital bug that everyone is going on about. It was an experience. There's not much they can do. They just let you get on with it. It's a breakdown of the whole immune system. "To be fair to the NHS, I did catch the bug because something else was seriously wrong with me that nobody knew about. My adrenal glands were packing in. "Once they opened me up and operated on me, I was susceptible to lots of other things." While preparing to operate on Miss Burke's stomach for an undisclosed condition, doctors found problems with her adrenal glands, which are responsible for maintaining the body's energy levels.............Goodness me - problems with adrenal glands! She probably had problems for some time and no-one diagnosed it. I wonder if she has thyroid problems as well.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release Date: 06/01/2008 11:57

Not sure what to suggest now apart from sending a "Letter to the Editor" with our comments, and see if we can get something published in the actually paper. Unless, of course, you have other suggestions.

Luv - Sheila

I think if they could acknowledge that the article attracted many, many comments would be astart

erika

AOL's new homepage has launched. Take a tour now.

Grrrrr!

] Re: Daily Mail

So, seems we have all wasted our

time - there's no room, they have all been 'binned'. We should have stayed up

all night on Monday and done our comments then - EeeeK!

Luv - Sheila

No virus found in this

incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release Date: 06/01/2008

11:57

Ditto !

Another issue with hypothyroidism is feeling like your symptoms are

constantly being ignored by medics, sometimes over decades. Shame

that the Daily Mail having achieved massive feedback from that

article, then chose to do to us exactly what endocrinologists and

GPs do all the time - ie IGNORE US!

Tracey

ps- ignoring the symptoms doesn't make the condition go away, alas!

>

> Grrrrr!

>

>

> ] Re: Daily Mail

>

> So, seems we have all wasted our time - there's no room, they have

all been 'binned'. We should have stayed up all night on Monday and

done our comments then - EeeeK!

> Luv - Sheila

Newspapers are in the business of selling newspapers. It might look that they are campaigning against something but they are not really. All the massive feedback means to them is that they may have picked up a few more readers.

We are in the business of thyroid campaigning.

Unfortunately we are not the only group of people where the NHS has let them down. Time for the paper to move on to the next grievance.

Lilian

Shame that the Daily Mail having achieved massive feedback from that article, then chose to do to us exactly what endocrinologists and GPs do all the time - ie IGNORE US!

Their next big issue appears to be organ donation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/healthmain.html

?in_article_id=508038 & in_page_id=1774 & ct=5#StartComments

They are up to 80 comments already - amazing as I'd got the

impression that they had limited webspace for reader comments. A

friend advises that her comment appeared shortly after she posted

it. So, has the Daily Mail changed its Comments policy since last

week?

Tracey

>

> Newspapers are in the business of selling newspapers. It might

look that they are campaigning against something but they are not

really. All the massive feedback means to them is that they may

have picked up a few more readers.

>

> We are in the business of thyroid campaigning.

>

> Unfortunately we are not the only group of people where the NHS

has let them down. Time for the paper to move on to the next

grievance.

>

> Lilian

>

> Shame

> that the Daily Mail having achieved massive feedback from that

article, then chose to do to us exactly what endocrinologists and

GPs do all the time - ie IGNORE US!

>