RemedySpot.com

Re:Too much thyroxine causing symptoms?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

It is sometimes difficult to fine-tune your exact dose that you need. If this is to much you may need to cut back 25mcg or even 25mcg alternate days. With the long half-life of thyroxine you could cut 25mcg for a few days (as it will take a while to get through initially) & then try taking an additional 25mcg on alternate days to see how this works out for you. How long is it since you last increased to your current dose & how big was this raise?

Val

I'm currently on 150 mcg of Thyroxine after it's been increased gradually over the last 3 months.

....sometimes I feel that I'm like a car that's being over revved.

Hi ,

It is sometimes difficult to fine-tune your exact dose that you need. If this is to much you may need to cut back 25mcg or even 25mcg alternate days. With the long half-life of thyroxine you could cut 25mcg for a few days (as it will take a while to get through initially) & then try taking an additional 25mcg on alternate days to see how this works out for you. How long is it since you last increased to your current dose & how big was this raise?

Val

-----Original Message-----

Hi Val

I've been on 150mcg since before Christmas as though I was feeling loads better than when I started the treatment the pains in my arms were still waking me at night. On increasing from 125mcgthe 150mcg the pains have disappeared but the last couple of days I have cut down by25 mcg to see if I'm ok on that. I'm not sur eif the 'over revved' feeling isn't just me normally as it's certainly how I used to be before the Thyroid slowed me down. Sheila sugested i get my cortisol level tested. Balancing this Thyroid thing is like having to become a mechanic isn't it!

AOL's new homepage has launched. Take a tour now.