RemedySpot.com

Re: twoteaflutetea is feeling much better! :-)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh sue - thanks so much for comiong back to tell us how well you are doing. I am, of course, absolutely delighted as I remember so well just what you had been through and what a long road it has been for you to regain your health. I hope it continues.

Just one thought, your Free T4 is high and your Free T3 is low. This would suggest you may not be converting all the T4 to the active T3. You might ask your GP if you could lower your thyroxine and add in a small amount of T3 to see if this would make you feel even better. It can be quite magical for some people.

Keep up the good work and I hope you do manage to update your skills to enable you to get back into paid employment within the healthcare system again.

Again, thanks for keeping us updated Sue, because it is amazing the number of members who, once they have regained their health, suddenly disappear, because naturally, they don't need us anymore, but it would be so nice, if, like you, they pop back occasionally to give us an update. It is so encouraging for our 'newbies' who feel desperate when they first register, and feel there is no light at the end of the tunnel. As you have found out, there is

luv - Sheila

> I haven't posted for ages, but I orginally joined the group about 15> months ago (is that right, Sheila?).> > I had big problems with weight gain/water retention (didn't realise it> then, but do now), hair loss, fatigue (!!!) and low ferritin (only 8,> at one point).> > I have a massive family history of hypo and one member has had a hypo> related cancer too. So, I asked for a trial of levothyroxine. My endo> said it wouldn't work as I was 'mild compensated hypothyroid'. But,> guess what? It did! :-)> > I started therapy in August and I'm now up to 100mcg of levothyroxine> and my bloods this week were TSH: 0.55 T3: 4.3 and T4: 20.5. My T3> could be a little better, I know, but I feel so much better!!! I feel> human again! B-)> > I've just been signed off (for the time being) by my endo into the> care of my GP (which is fine by me). My endo has warned me that I may> need to have the doseage increased and so he's asked my GP to retest> at 3 months, 6 months and then yearly.> > I feel so much better that I'm seriously thinking about updating my> skills/knowledge and returning to my original profession in healthcare. > > I know I haven't gone down the Armour route (not yet, anyway), but> thank you all for being there when I've needed you. Especially you> Sheila - you've been a brick (in a good way, of course)! :-D> > > Sue x>