RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: You've gotta smile ..... ;o)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This issue of medicines not used is actually a major issue for the NHS - because how it works is that once a medicine is issued - even if you take it back to the chemist unused - it has to be destroyed! Im sure there is a fortune spent like this by the NHS because patients get the drugs, they dont work or have nasty reactions, so they're not used and they are 'dispposed of' by the pharmacists. Such a waste of money - and then they argue that Armour is expensive - at least we might use it!!

Gill

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.6/1192 - Release Date: 21/12/07 13:17

Every time I get a prescription (which is quite often as I have to take a chemist full of pills) I get a form to fill in for the doctor concerning depression. I filled the first one, and again the second one.

I happened to see my GP when I co-incidentally got the third one. I asked him how many times I had to fill it in. He couldn't see my answers on the computer, so I filled out the third one, gave it to him, and he said now he has it on his computer that is OK. But I still keep getting them. This is making me very depressed lol (only joking).

>>>ps- is it legal to flog crates of prozac at a carboot sale/ebay? <<<<<<

You might have thought all this drug-swapping was illegal. Dr Vautrey thought it was. Like him, you’d be wrong. “Swapping prescription drugs that have been prescribed to you is not illegal,” says a Department of Health spokeswoman. But selling them is. “Once you are prescribed the drug it belongs to you. But patients should never use prescription-only medicines that have not been recommended by a clinician.”

Lilian

My PCT is addressing this question by only allowing doctors to prescribe no more than a month's supply. This is a great nuisance to someone like me who has to have about 8 prescriptions, and it is very difficult to co-ordinate them to all end at the same time of the month.

Lilian

This issue of medicines not used is actually a major issue for the NHS - because how it works is that once a medicine is issued - even if you take it back to the chemist unused - it has to be destroyed!

When my GP kept telling me I was depressed when telling him how fatigued I felt, I tried to explain to him that if I were depressed I would not want to do anything, whereas I do want to do things but I am too fatigued to do them. There is a difference there I think.

Lilian

Since being prescribed thyroid meds in March 2005, I have NEVER been allowed more than one month supply - when I asked for more I was told that it was not allowed by the PCT to give out more than 1 month no matter what.

Luv nne

My PCT is addressing this question by only allowing doctors to prescribe no more than a month's supply. This is a great nuisance to someone like me who has to have about 8 prescriptions, and it is very difficult to co-ordinate them to all end at the same time of the month.

I thought that for those patients who had a chronic illness and had to take prescriptions drugs for life, they could get a 3 month supply at a time. Can somebody look into this, as I am too busy. What an excuse - but it is a fact right now.

Luv - Sheila

Lilian

This issue of medicines not used is actually a major issue for the NHS - because how it works is that once a medicine is issued - even if you take it back to the chemist unused - it has to be destroyed!

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1230 - Release Date: 17/01/2008 16:59