RemedySpot.com

RE: correct dose of throxine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi , welcome to the group. sounds to me like you might need to up your dose, or try adding in some T3 or even trying Armour thyroid - but Im not an expert - check back tomorrow as many of the 'experts' are probably in bed now but just wanted to say hello and welcome - you will find lots of help here.

Gill

I am currently on 125mcg of throxine. (under active for 14 years) t4 level 15.3 TSH 0.76mu/LI still feel cold a lot of the time have dry skin and just not right. I have also been on HRT for a few years too juggling different doses.Could I need to up my dose even though my GP says my range is in the "normal" range ? would be intersed to hear from anyone thank you this is my first post.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.6/1192 - Release Date: 21/12/07 13:17

Hi,

welcome to the list,

even though TSH is quite low, the T4 is about mid range so there is plenty of room to try a small increase' to see if it helps' . Lots of folk are on 150 mcg T4.

Alternatively you will probably do much better if you can persuade him to prescribe Armour natural thyroid which contains all the hormones a healthy thyroid produces.

The T4 that you are taking has to convert to T3 to be of any use to your body. For reasons best known to themselves the T3 test is rarely done so they don't know if you can convert. silly isn't it.

If you are on oestrogen HRT this may be making the situation worse as it binds with thyroid hormones to take excess out of use, and if there is no excess than this can be a problem. Progesterone promotes that transport of thyroid hormones and can also be converted to oestrogen by the body.

Jennny (under active for 14 years) t4 > level 15.3 TSH 0.76mu/L> I still feel cold a lot of the time have dry skin and just not right. > I have also been on HRT for a few years too juggling different doses.> Could I need to up my dose even though my GP says my range is in > the "normal" range ? > > Think you know your TV, music and film? Try Search Charades!