RemedySpot.com

Re: not sure whats happening with my prescription?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Carol unless you have a letter from your GP addressed to Whom It May Concern stating that you are being prescribed Armour Thyroid for hypothyroidism then you will wait and wait and wait for that prescription to be filled. You pharmacist must keep the letter and fax it across to IDIS every time he faxes across a prescription that he needs to fill for you, for armour thyroid.

Luv nne

Sorry Sheila I must have missed it, I still do not understand, the prescription is in the to do file. Does it just take longer.

Carol

X

I did write to you previously about this, but perhaps you didn't see it - there is so much traffic on this forum, it can be difficult to keep up.

Your pharmacist has to contact Idis World Medicines and order your Armour from them. This is because Armour remains an unlicensed drug. This should take perhaps a couple of weeks. After than, your pharmacist should keep Armour in stock for you. http://www.idispharma.com/showcontent.asp?CollectionID=@0000000004

Luv - Sheila

not sure whats happening with my prescription?

Hi there eveyone, as you may remember I actually managed to get a drto give me a prescripton for armour then they wanted a letter sayinghe would be responsible for me..lol already taking it anyway!! Put thescript in on Monday with the letter and MHRA letter as well for goodmeasure, went into the pharmacy yesterday to be told that it had notbeen ordered yet and they did not know why not!! What should I do thepharmacist is someone who we know, through our children, I do not wantto fall out with her she is the manager of the pharmacy I was told butshe was not there when I went in. Is this the usual, do they take timewhen ordering something llike this.Many thanks Carol

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1230 - Release Date: 17/01/2008 16:59

Hi,

I'd just keep going in at every possible opportunuity, asking is it in yet- then they usually do something just to get rid!

But after it is ordered you may still have to wait 5 weeks while it is being specially ordered from the States. I know that's crazy- we can get it in 5 days- but that's how they do it so we just have to put up with it. But you must press to get it ordered- or ask for you prescription back and go elsewhere.

Friend or no friend -that is unprofessional.

I do not want> to fall out with her she is the manager of the pharmacy I was told but> she was not there when I went in. Is this the usual, do they take time> when ordering something llike this.> Many thanks > Carol> > Sounds like? How many syllables? Guess and win prizes with Search Charades!

If Boots are a problem - then any high street chemist would be a better way to go. Idis World Medicines can also source Armour from other chemists in the UK who are already holding it. I have only ever heard from you that it can take up to 5 weeks, so assume this is only Boots that are a problem. When I placed my NHS prescription with my village pharmacist, it came in less than 2 weeks.

Luv - Sheila

Hi, I'd just keep going in at every possible opportunuity, asking is it in yet- then they usually do something just to get rid! But after it is ordered you may still have to wait 5 weeks while it is being specially ordered from the States. I know that's crazy- we can get it in 5 days- but that's how they do it so we just have to put up with it. But you must press to get it ordered- or ask for you prescription back and go elsewhere. Friend or no friend -that is unprofessional.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1230 - Release Date: 17/01/2008 16:59

Sorry Sheila I must have missed it, I still do not understand, the prescription is in the to do file. Does it just take longer. Carol X Re: not sure whats happening with my prescription?

I did write to you previously about this, but perhaps you didn't see it - there is so much traffic on this forum, it can be difficult to keep up.

Your pharmacist has to contact Idis World Medicines and order your Armour from them. This is because Armour remains an unlicensed drug. This should take perhaps a couple of weeks. After than, your pharmacist should keep Armour in stock for you. http://www.idisphar ma.com/showconte nt.asp?Collectio nID=@0000000004

Luv - Sheila

Carol

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Whenever anybody in the UK is prescribed Armour using an NHS prescription for the first time, the doctor must send a letter to the pharmacist stating why he is prescribing Armour for you. Often, all they need to write is "This patient (give name) does not do well on thyroxcine only and I am therefore prescribing natural thyroid extract (Armour Thyroid, USP) for her". This only has to be done when he first prescribes it and then only once a year.

Luv - Sheila

Carol unless you have a letter from your GP addressed to Whom It May Concern stating that you are being prescribed Armour Thyroid for hypothyroidism then you will wait and wait and wait for that prescription to be filled. You pharmacist must keep the letter and fax it across to IDIS every time he faxes across a prescription that he needs to fill for you, for armour thyroid.

Luv nne

Sorry Sheila I must have missed it, I still do not understand, the prescription is in the to do file. Does it just take longer.

Carol

X

Hi there nne Yes I had a letter, it had all my health problems in it as well, never mind but it did say that he would take responsibitly for me and that it was for me as well. What a load of rubbish if the prescription is written out for me by a nhs dr. why all this stupidity. I have the original i gave the pharmacy the copy. Went there again today and the person i need to see isnt in until Monday.Can I use the same letter all the time, the letter was addressed to my GP and i got a copy, I did post it on here last week. Carol X Re: not sure whats happening with my prescription?

Luv nne

Carol

X

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hi Sheila,

It was the same with the

surgery pharmacy- this may also be run by Boots- this is a small town which is

growing rapidly- services have a long way to go to catch up so unless I want to

go 12 miles……………

If Boots are a problem - then any

high street chemist would be a better way to go. Idis World Medicines

can also source Armour from other chemists in the UK who are

already holding it. I have only ever heard from you that it can take

up to 5 weeks, so assume this is only Boots that are a problem. When I placed

my NHS prescription with my village pharmacist, it came in less than 2 weeks.

Luv - Sheila

No virus found in this

incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1230 - Release Date: 17/01/2008

16:59