RemedySpot.com

doc appt

Rate this topic

Guest guest

good luck with everything, i am sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. i bet the pulmonologist will help you out a lot. keep us posted. evelynGranada Family <robert_g54463@...> wrote: well, went to the doc,ended up seeing a PA cause the doc was delivering a baby, second one today.did a urine pg test just to make sure.negoximeter was 98bp was high for me but then again i did a neb treatment 2 hours before goingshe heard

me wheezing, i couldn't tell that.all i know is short of breathand they say that my vocal cords could be stuck and making me feel like it is swollen shut or something, not sure what i believe.did a spirometer, that was ok,xrays, okwell, now i get to see a pulmonologist, not sure what they can do for me.i just want to get thru the next two weeks of ragweed and goldenrod season and not sure if i want to be pg or not?? last time or i should say the first time, horrid asthma attack, hole in my lung and 8 days in the hospital, just doesn't fit into my life right now but we will see what HP brings. i guess.anyways,hope everyone else is feeling better.

All-new - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

thank you,

well, my peak flow is down to 400 and i have no idea what that means.

just another breathing treatment and praying it doesn't get lower cause i already took my last day of prednisone, the 40 together. thing.

melissa

ps, i just hate waiting 2 months when i need him now

good luck with everything, i am sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. i bet the pulmonologist will help you out a lot. keep us posted.

evelyn

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Hi all, Went to my doc's appt today.

As my Vitamin D levels have been quite low over time, my doc

immediately wrote out a request for a bone density scan. Has anyone

else out there had a bone density scan done? I didn't even think of

asking for one. It was my doc who recommended it.

My oestrogen and progesterone tests came back - seems things are

quite out of whack. My oestrogen levels are way too high (in one

case 4x too high) + the oestrogen/progesterone ratio is out of whack

too. Doc thinks that this all could be contributing to my memory

problems.

The doc has prescribed natural progesterone cream & DHEA.

Does anyone know of a good website that covers info about high

oestrogen levels and the use of natural progesterone cream?

Doc wants me to stay on thyroxine for now, but they are adding a

small amount of 'bio-identical' T3 (quite small amount, given my

previous experience) to try and increase the low levels of T3 and

very high levels of Reverse T3. I cannot have T3 on its own as I've

tried this before and my body cannot tolerate it. I hold my breath

while I wait to see whether this new method of taking my thyroid

meds helps in any way. Not too sure what I think about staying on

thyroxine because I've felt so bad on it for so long, but I've got

nothing to lose. Can't feel much worse than I do right now.

Hopefully the addition of a low amount of T3 does some good. I'll

wait and see!

P

Guest guest

As my Vitamin D levels have been quite low over time, my doc immediately wrote out a request for a bone density scan. Has anyone else out there had a bone density scan done? I didn't even think of asking for one. It was my doc who recommended it.

I have had two bone scans, but only because my endocrinologist wanted to be sure that me taking Armour was not having a bad effect on my bones. Both resulted in showing that my bones are stronger than ever. Armour has calcitonin, so perhaps that is the reasonMy oestrogen and progesterone tests came back - seems things are quite out of whack. My oestrogen levels are way too high (in one case 4x too high) + the oestrogen/progesterone ratio is out of whack too. Doc thinks that this all could be contributing to my memory problems.

Many sufferers of hypot have an inbalance of oestrogen/progesterone. You should get some natural progesterone cream to balance these out. I think what is contributing to your memory loss is a lack of T3.The doc has prescribed natural progesterone cream & DHEA.

Good doctor!Does anyone know of a good website that covers info about high oestrogen levels and the use of natural progesterone cream?

'Try typing high oestrogen low progesterone' into google. Problem is that many websites on these subjects are selling progesterone cream and are therefore probably biased. Not time right now, but will try to look for something tomorrow.Doc wants me to stay on thyroxine for now, but they are adding a small amount of 'bio-identical' T3 (quite small amount, given my previous experience) to try and increase the low levels of T3 and very high levels of Reverse T3.

If you have high Reverse T3, your doctor should be STOPPING your L-thyroxine (T4) altogether.

I cannot have T3 on its own as I've tried this before and my body cannot tolerate it. I hold my breath while I wait to see whether this new method of taking my thyroid meds helps in any way. Not too sure what I think about staying on thyroxine because I've felt so bad on it for so long, but I've got nothing to lose. Can't feel much worse than I do right now. Hopefully the addition of a low amount of T3 does some good. I'll wait and see!

Have you tried the pure T3 that I believe you can buy from dales Pharmacy. It could be the fillers that are affecting you?

Luv - sheila

P

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.24.1/1468 - Release Date: 26/05/2008 15:23

Guest guest

afternoon everyone; i have recently had a bone density scan, i get one every five years as my mother has osteoporosis and i started early menopause at 47. interestingly enough on the questionaire this time, it specifically asked if you had thyroid problems and what medication you took for it .... maybe someone, somewhere is actually listening ! regards jane

Sent from .

A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

Brilliant Jane - I have a bone scan every five years and have never seen this question before on the form.

Luv - Sheila

afternoon everyone; i have recently had a bone density scan, i get one every five years as my mother has osteoporosis and i started early menopause at 47. interestingly enough on the questionaire this time, it specifically asked if you had thyroid problems and what medication you took for it .... maybe someone, somewhere is actually listening ! regards jane

Sent from . A Smarter Email.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.24.1/1468 - Release Date: 26/05/2008 15:23

Guest guest

Hi Jane,

Ooh!

Subject:

Re:doc appt

afternoon

everyone; i have recently had a bone density scan, i get

one every five years as my mother has osteoporosis and i started early

menopause at 47. interestingly enough on the questionaire this

time, it specifically asked if you had thyroid problems and what

medication you took for it .... maybe someone, somewhere is actually

listening ! regards jane