RemedySpot.com

FOR CAROL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Carol

Are you not receiving the messages I send you? I keep writing to you giving you the reasons why you need the letter, why there is a delay in getting a first prescription of Armour and telling you that you only have to send a letter from your doctor with your first prescription and then every year - he just has to write something along the lines he is prescribing Armour because you have hypothyroidism and can't tolerate the synthetic thyroxine. Your pharmacist sends your prescription to Idis World Medicines for them to source. Once Armour is with your pharmacist, they should always keep some in stock.

Yes, it is an NHS prescription, but you must remember your doctor is prescribing you an unlicensed medication and they have to go through various procedures, so we can't blame them for any initial delay.

As soon as Armour has been sourced, your pharmacist should telephone you to see he has receive it. Please be patient a little longer or you will get very upset.

Luv - Sheila

Hi there nne Yes I had a letter, it had all my health problems in it as well, never mind but it did say that he would take responsibitly for me and that it was for me as well. What a load of rubbish if the prescription is written out for me by a nhs dr. why all this stupidity. I have the original i gave the pharmacy the copy. Went there again today and the person i need to see isnt in until Monday.Can I use the same letter all the time, the letter was addressed to my GP and i got a copy, I did post it on here last week.

Carol

X

Re: not sure whats happening with my prescription?

Carol unless you have a letter from your GP addressed to Whom It May Concern stating that you are being prescribed Armour Thyroid for hypothyroidism then you will wait and wait and wait for that prescription to be filled. You pharmacist must keep the letter and fax it across to IDIS every time he faxes across a prescription that he needs to fill for you, for armour thyroid.

Luv nne

Sorry Sheila I must have missed it, I still do not understand, the prescription is in the to do file. Does it just take longer.

Carol

X

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.7/1232 - Release Date: 18/01/2008 19:32

It took 5 weeks for my first armour prescription to be filled Carol so just hang in there.

Luv nne

So thats why i got worried no otherreason, I have enough armour for another couple of months so noworries there. Was just wanting to know if it was really happening ornot, and if not why?Carol

Hi there Sheila

I am having a bit of bother the email is running slow for some

reason.

I think I am getting your emails. I posted a copy of the letter on

here do you remember, was it good enough for them to get me the

armour, I am not sure at all. The only reason I came back here again

and asked was because I was told in the pharmacy that they had not

ordered it yet! and I found it confusing as why it was not ordered

yet, they did not nknow why it had not been ordered. It was in the to

do pile but had not been done. So thats why i got worried no other

reason, I have enough armour for another couple of months so no

worries there. Was just wanting to know if it was really happening or

not, and if not why?

Carol

>

> Hi Carol

>

> Are you not receiving the messages I send you? I keep writing to you

giving you the reasons why you need the letter, why there is a delay

in getting a first prescription of Armour

If they had not received the doctors letter, that would hold them up ordering your Armour. However, if they have already got the letter and prescription, they need a prod. This is not very professional behaviour.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Luv - Sheila

Hi there SheilaI am having a bit of bother the email is running slow for somereason.I think I am getting your emails. I posted a copy of the letter onhere do you remember, was it good enough for them to get me thearmour, I am not sure at all. The only reason I came back here againand asked was because I was told in the pharmacy that they had notordered it yet! and I found it confusing as why it was not orderedyet, they did not nknow why it had not been ordered. It was in the todo pile but had not been done. So thats why i got worried no otherreason, I have enough armour for another couple of months so noworries there. Was just wanting to know if it was really happening ornot, and if not why?Carol

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.7/1232 - Release Date: 18/01/2008 19:32

I rang Boots on Saturday to ask when my Armour would be in stock and

I was told that the doctors letter had come through, that my meds had

been ordered and it took 7 - 10 days for delivery.

But, he said, I should receive my meds by next Thursday as Armour is

delivered quite quickly.

The endo I saw recommended a particular Boots branch, as he said they

had filled Armour prescriptions before.

When I started taking thyroxine, I had it in liquid form and Boots

did take about 3 weeks to get my first prescription filled, but after

that it was ordered and delivered within a couple of days.

> It took 5 weeks for my first armour prescription to be filled Carol

so just

> hang in there.

>

>

Hi there nne

I have just found out it has not been ordered yet as there is a

question as to who is going to pay for it. The prescritption was give

to me from a consultant out of my area, therefore there is a wait for

who is going to pay. As long as its not me, I dont care who pays for it.

Just my luck.

Carol

>

> I rang Boots on Saturday to ask when my Armour would be in stock and

> I was told that the doctors letter had come through, that my meds had

> been ordered and it took 7 - 10 days for delivery.

> But, he said, I should receive my meds by next Thursday as Armour is

> delivered quite quickly.

>

> The endo I saw recommended a particular Boots branch, as he said they

> had filled Armour prescriptions before.

> >

> > It took 5 weeks for my first armour prescription to be filled Carol

> so just

> > hang in there.

> >

> >

>

It is your local Primary Care Trust who will fund your Armour Carol.

Luv - Sheila

Hi there nneI have just found out it has not been ordered yet as there is aquestion as to who is going to pay for it. The prescritption was giveto me from a consultant out of my area, therefore there is a wait forwho is going to pay. As long as its not me, I dont care who pays for it.Just my luck.Carol>> I rang Boots on Saturday to ask when my Armour would be in stock and > I was told that the doctors letter had come through, that my meds had > been ordered and it took 7 - 10 days for delivery. > But, he said, I should receive my meds by next Thursday as Armour is > delivered quite quickly.> > The endo I saw recommended a particular Boots branch, as he said they > had filled Armour prescriptions before. > > > > It took 5 weeks for my first armour prescription to be filled Carol > so just > > hang in there.> > > >>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.7/1234 - Release Date: 20/01/2008 14:15

• 2 weeks later...

How about these :

http://acta.uta.fi/english/teos.phtml?6169http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve & db=PubMed & list_uids=11020848 & dopt=Abstract

There is a forum for thyroid/gallbladder connection. You might wish to visit this and see that yes - there is definitely a connection:

http://thyroidhost.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=Talk5 & action=print & thread=1169158626

Luv - Sheila

Carol, re Poppetbrown's email - this is exactly what I was thinking, Ive had a gallbladder problem and your symptoms sound like mine too.

My main symptoms were pain in my stomach and under my right shoulder blade (liver area) - I dont recall being sick but understand this is common, and I often felt sick and had pains like I was extremely hungry. I was convinced it was an ulcer!! Incidentally, in case it makes you feel better - Marilyn Monroe had to have her gall bladder removed!!

I am wondering if there is some correlation with hypoT and gall bladder dysfunction - anyone know??? Would make sense to me, if you metabolism is slow, you gall bladder might not empty quickly, gall bladder stones could form????

Gill

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.19/1258 - Release Date: 04/02/2008 10:10