RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Request for transcripts - Re : Dr Skinners hearing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI Geraldine

I would copy out the part of the determination given by the Chairperson where she stated

"The Panel has taken full account of the mitigation submitted on your behalf. It has read the numerous testimonials submitted by both patients and colleagues and has noted the testimony of the 17 patients who have given evidence on your behalf, and that of Dr Ahmad, who assists you with the administration at the Louise Lorne Clinic. It is clear that you are a caring and compassionate doctor whose overwhelming concern is the care and well being of your patients, many of whom have pleaded that you should be allowed to continue to practise. The Panel has taken account of the fact that the majority of the written testimonials, and all of the oral evidence, were given in full knowledge of the facts found proved against you, and of the Panel's finding of impairment. A large body of evidence has been submitted throughout this case demonstrating that many patients have benefited from the medication which you have prescribed."

I don't think your GP has any right to refuse you a referral under the circumstances. If he wishes to read the evidence, it is there for everybody to read and before making a judgement, he should avail himself of the facts of the case.

Such a refusal to refer you by a GP who has no speciality whatsoever makes me very cross. This would be enough for me to change my doctor to one who has more sympathy for his patients.

Luv - Sheila

Hi Sheila -He wouldn't refer me to Dr Skinner because of his involvement with the GMC - I was so frustrated when I came out. I belong to a group practice having only just moved here in the area -- My GP is being very obstructive and I really dont know where to go from here. I dont wish to see anyone else except Dr Skinner. Dr Skinner can't take new patients without a referral from a GP - if he does, he will get into more trouble - do you have any advice for me?By the way -- I didn't know the file for Dr Skinner had been downloaded here - thats my problem -- I skim through all the messages and focus on one that interests me. I will read ALL from now on... sorry lolI hope you're all doing well and ready for Christmas! Tis the season and all that!(((hugs))Gez~> > > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------> > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.17.1/1183 - Release Date: 13/12/2007 09:15>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.17.1/1183 - Release Date: 13/12/2007 09:15

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Geraldine

Sorry you have not been feeling well. Is there anything we can do to help. Is your unwellness caused by your thyroid problem?

Luv - Sheila

Re: Request for transcripts - Re : Dr Skinners hearing

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to get back to the board and say thank you for your help. I have been feeling unwell lately and things have been a little hectic here at home.Thank you to all who have taken the time to respond. I wish you all a very Happy New year.Geraldine.>> HI Geraldine> > I would copy out the part of the determination given by the Chairperson where she stated > > "The Panel has taken full account of the mitigation submitted on your behalf. It has read the numerous testimonials submitted by both patients and colleagues and has noted the testimony of the 17 patients who have given evidence on your behalf, and that of Dr Ahmad, who assists you with the administration at the Louise Lorne Clinic. It is clear that you are a caring and compassionate doctor whose overwhelming concern is the care and well being of your patients, many of whom have pleaded that you should be allowed to continue to practise. The Panel has taken account of the fact that the majority of the written testimonials, and all of the oral evidence, were given in full knowledge of the facts found proved against you, and of the Panel's finding of impairment. A large body of evidence has been submitted throughout this case demonstrating that many patients have benefited from the medication which you have prescribed."> > I don't think your GP has any right to refuse you a referral under the circumstances. If he wishes to read the evidence, it is there for everybody to read and before making a judgement, he should avail himself of the facts of the case.> > Such a refusal to refer you by a GP who has no speciality whatsoever makes me very cross. This would be enough for me to change my doctor to one who has more sympathy for his patients.> > Luv - Sheila > > > > Hi Sheila -> > He wouldn't refer me to Dr Skinner because of his involvement with > the GMC - I was so frustrated when I came out. I belong to a group > practice having only just moved here in the area -- My GP is being > very obstructive and I really dont know where to go from here. I > dont wish to see anyone else except Dr Skinner. Dr Skinner can't > take new patients without a referral from a GP - if he does, he will > get into more trouble - do you have any advice for me?> > By the way -- I didn't know the file for Dr Skinner had been > downloaded here - thats my problem -- I skim through all the messages > and focus on one that interests me. I will read ALL from now on... > sorry lol> > I hope you're all doing well and ready for Christmas! Tis the season > and all that!> > (((hugs))> Gez~> > > > > > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> ----------> > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.17.1/1183 - Release Date: > 13/12/2007 09:15> >> > > > > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------> > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.17.1/1183 - Release Date: 13/12/2007 09:15>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 02/01/2008 11:29