Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sounds like a plan to me. Make sure you get that Selenium too. It is key

in detox as well.

Steph

Re: How much Iodine in Pregnancy?

> thanks for the reply . I am confident my bromine levels are

> low and the detox is behind me. I think I'll just up the vitamin C and

> do salt loading for a week or so to be sure.

>

> thanks again,

> Judith

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I seem to remember a post saying that Dr Brownstein was pushing out

bromine for 2 years or more. Or am I mistaken?

If it were me I would take the bromine test since it is available just to

be sure. Dr. Shevin, at the iodine conference said that bromine crossed

the placenta more readily than iodine.

Irene

At 11:00 AM 1/6/2008, you wrote:

thanks for the reply .

I am confident my bromine levels are

low and the detox is behind me. I think I'll just up the vitamin C and

do salt loading for a week or so to be sure.

thanks again,

Judith

Yes you are correct. That is why I recommended that she have her bromide levels (serum) checked but if you can get it done through Dr. Flechas then I would do that one.

Strong word of warning - this is nothing to play with. You do not guess here. It will severely hurt the baby if you are wrong. I am not convinced that lowering your dose of iodine will stop the dumping either. Once the channels of detox are opened up I think that you will continue to dump bromide no mater what. You would be surprised at how much exposure we have to it when we think we do not.

Dr. Brownstein was taking 50 mgs of Iodoral 6 days / week when he had this problem. What level bromide was coming out I do not know - high or low. But in my opinion a little is too much for a fetus.

Re: Re: How much Iodine in Pregnancy?

I seem to remember a post saying that Dr Brownstein was pushing out bromine for 2 years or more. Or am I mistaken?If it were me I would take the bromine test since it is available just to be sure. Dr. Shevin, at the iodine conference said that bromine crossed the placenta more readily than iodine. IreneAt 11:00 AM 1/6/2008, you wrote:

thanks for the reply . I am confident my bromine levels are low and the detox is behind me. I think I'll just up the vitamin C and do salt loading for a week or so to be sure.thanks again,Judith

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

I had only just started taking a drop of Lugol's several times a week in Jan or Feb. Now I am 2 weeks pregnant. I dont know if I was detoxing Bromide or not but is it true that if I was, that I still might be and it might hurt the baby?? How do I stop this??

Thank you!On Sun, Jan 6, 2008 at 3:15 PM, ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> wrote:

Yes you are correct. That is why I recommended that she have her bromide levels (serum) checked but if you can get it done through Dr. Flechas then I would do that one.

Strong word of warning - this is nothing to play with. You do not guess here. It will severely hurt the baby if you are wrong. I am not convinced that lowering your dose of iodine will stop the dumping either. Once the channels of detox are opened up I think that you will continue to dump bromide no mater what. You would be surprised at how much exposure we have to it when we think we do not.

Dr. Brownstein was taking 50 mgs of Iodoral 6 days / week when he had this problem. What level bromide was coming out I do not know - high or low. But in my opinion a little is too much for a fetus.

I seem to remember a post saying that Dr Brownstein was pushing out bromine for 2 years or more. Or am I mistaken?If it were me I would take the bromine test since it is available just to be sure. Dr. Shevin, at the iodine conference said that bromine crossed the placenta more readily than iodine. IreneAt 11:00 AM 1/6/2008, you wrote:

thanks for the reply . I am confident my bromine levels are low and the detox is behind me. I think I'll just up the vitamin C and do salt loading for a week or so to be sure.thanks again,Judith

Guest guest

p.s I am not taking Lugol's now and haven't since I got pregOn Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:40 AM, M C <marthanyc@...> wrote:

I had only just started taking a drop of Lugol's several times a week in Jan or Feb. Now I am 2 weeks pregnant. I dont know if I was detoxing Bromide or not but is it true that if I was, that I still might be and it might hurt the baby?? How do I stop this??

Thank you!On Sun, Jan 6, 2008 at 3:15 PM, ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> wrote:

Guest guest

This was a topic of great debate because brain intelligence for the baby is very dependant on iodine. We finally settled on 12.5 mgs as being "safe" for mom and baby. If you were taking it prior to being pregnant then I would say you pushed the surface toxins out. Iodine is protective so I wouldn't shy away totally from it. Make sure you keep a clean diet while pregnant and you should be fine.

You can take a blood test to see if you have bromide circulating. That may give you peace of mind. It's a hard thing to know what to do.