RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Iodine and thyroid ~

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Several things here:

1) Iodine is the primary mineral in the creation of thyroid hormones - T4

means 4 iodine molecules so no iodine, no thyroid hormones.

2) There is a very strong correlation to fibromyalgia and hypothyroidism.

You can very easily google that and get more information.

3) Selenium is also a key nutrient to the creation of thyroid hormones. I

noticed you used to smoke. Smoking creates something called PO210 which

wipes out selenium in the body. You very well may be very low in selenium.

Low Selenium creates low Vit C and Magnesium as well. When magnesium is low

this will make it difficult to store calcium. Magnesium and calcium I

believe are key in fibromyalgia issues as well.

4) Iodine is antimicrobial and antibacterial so yes it is possible that the

increase in viruses and other things is due to low iodine.

5) Increased halides like bromide (in bakery products, computers and

fabrics), fluoride (water, toothpaste, teas, cold cereal), chloride (water,

pools) and mercury (vaccines, amalgam fillings) take up the same receptor

space as iodine so when iodine is low the body " uses " them instead but

cannot really used them it just ends up blocking receptors.

I am not sure if that was what you were looking for. Ask if you need more

help.

Re: Iodine and thyroid ~

> Hi Roni (I think your name means rejoice),

>

> I read recently somewhere that when your metabolism increases (as

> when you are doing thyroid hormone) it uses up iodine faster. So, I

> assume,if one is low in iodine anyway there wouldn't be enough to do

> the job. Without iodine the body can't use the thyroid hormones

> correctly. That would explain alot. Fibro and cfs might be linked

> to this, or maybe lyme, or stealth viruses, or other critters that

> would be dead if we had sufficient iodine, who knows. I'm wondering

> because these things really took off around the time that iodine was

> removed from bakery goods about 40yrs ago + or -.

>

> Congrats on defeating smoking. That was the hardest thing for me to

> quit. Kol Hakavod!

>

> I'm hopefully useing some of my tax return to maybe do a spit test.

> Or go to a progressive doctor down in colorado springs. ~

>

>

>> > Has anyone come across any articles on iodine deficiency

>> and depression

>> > and or dullness of thinking, detachment from reality. Thank you

> in

>> > advance. I have to drag myself into work. ~

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > ---------------------------------

>> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

> Mobile.

>> Try it now.

>> >

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> ---------------------------------

>> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

> Try it now.

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I take many supplements including over 500 mgs of magnesium, over 1000 mgs of Vit C, and some selenium, amongst other things. Roniladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> wrote: Several things here:1) Iodine is the primary mineral in the creation of thyroid hormones - T4 means 4 iodine molecules so no iodine, no thyroid hormones.2) There is a very strong correlation to fibromyalgia and hypothyroidism. You can very easily google that and get more information.3)

Selenium is also a key nutrient to the creation of thyroid hormones. I noticed you used to smoke. Smoking creates something called PO210 which wipes out selenium in the body. You very well may be very low in selenium. Low Selenium creates low Vit C and Magnesium as well. When magnesium is low this will make it difficult to store calcium. Magnesium and calcium I believe are key in fibromyalgia issues as well.4) Iodine is antimicrobial and antibacterial so yes it is possible that the increase in viruses and other things is due to low iodine.5) Increased halides like bromide (in bakery products, computers and fabrics), fluoride (water, toothpaste, teas, cold cereal), chloride (water, pools) and mercury (vaccines, amalgam fillings) take up the same receptor space as iodine so when iodine is low the body "uses" them instead but cannot really used them it just ends up blocking receptors.I am not sure if that was what you

were looking for. Ask if you need more help. Re: Iodine and thyroid ~> Hi Roni (I think your name means rejoice),>> I read recently somewhere that when your metabolism increases (as> when you are doing thyroid hormone) it uses up iodine faster. So, I> assume,if one is low in iodine anyway there wouldn't be enough to do> the job. Without iodine the body can't use the thyroid hormones> correctly. That would explain alot. Fibro and cfs might be linked> to this, or maybe lyme, or stealth viruses, or other critters that> would be dead if we had sufficient iodine, who knows. I'm wondering> because

these things really took off around the time that iodine was> removed from bakery goods about 40yrs ago + or -.>> Congrats on defeating smoking. That was the hardest thing for me to> quit. Kol Hakavod!>> I'm hopefully useing some of my tax return to maybe do a spit test.> Or go to a progressive doctor down in colorado springs. ~ >> >> > Has anyone come across any articles on iodine deficiency>> and depression>> > and or dullness of thinking, detachment from reality. Thank you> in>> >

advance. I have to drag myself into work. ~ >> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> > --------------------------------->> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > Mobile.>> Try it now.>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --------------------------------->> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.> Try it now.>>>>>>>>>>>

I would up the Vit C to 2,000 mgs. Get 200-400 mcg of Selenium. You might also want to have your iron / ferritin & B12 levels checked as they are key on thyroid hormone synthesis. There is a list of thyroid nutrients on my website www.naturalthyroidchoices.com

Re: Iodine and thyroid ~> Hi Roni (I think your name means rejoice),>> I read recently somewhere that when your metabolism increases (as> when you are doing thyroid hormone) it uses up iodine faster. So, I> assume,if one is low in iodine anyway there wouldn't be enough to do> the job. Without iodine the body can't use the thyroid hormones> correctly. That would explain alot. Fibro and cfs might be linked> to this, or maybe lyme, or stealth viruses, or other critters that> would be dead if we had sufficient iodine, who knows. I'm wondering> because these things really took off around the time that iodine was> removed from bakery goods about 40yrs ago + or -.>> Congrats on defeating smoking. That was the hardest thing for me to> quit. Kol Hakavod!>> I'm hopefully useing some of my tax return to maybe do a spit test.> Or go to a progressive doctor down in colorado springs. ~ >> >> > Has anyone come across any articles on iodine deficiency>> and depression>> > and or dullness of thinking, detachment from reality. Thank you> in>> > advance. I have to drag myself into work. ~ >> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> > --------------------------------->> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > Mobile.>> Try it now.>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --------------------------------->> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.> Try it now.>>>>>>>>>>>

Everything checks out fine. I actually have a slightly high RBC and hemoglobin count, but when I get blood tested, the iron gets drawn out. Roniladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> wrote: I would up the Vit C to 2,000 mgs. Get 200-400 mcg of Selenium. You might also want to have your iron / ferritin & B12 levels checked as they are key on thyroid hormone synthesis. There is a list of thyroid nutrients on my website www.naturalthyroidchoices.com Re: Iodine and thyroid ~> Hi Roni (I

think your name means rejoice),>> I read recently somewhere that when your metabolism increases (as> when you are doing thyroid hormone) it uses up iodine faster. So, I> assume,if one is low in iodine anyway there wouldn't be enough to do> the job. Without iodine the body can't use the thyroid hormones> correctly. That would explain alot. Fibro and cfs might be linked> to this, or maybe lyme, or stealth viruses, or other critters that> would be dead if we had sufficient iodine, who knows. I'm wondering> because these things really took off around the time that iodine was> removed from bakery goods about 40yrs ago + or -.>> Congrats on defeating smoking. That was the hardest thing for me to> quit. Kol Hakavod!>> I'm hopefully useing some of my tax return to maybe do a spit test.> Or go to a progressive doctor down in colorado springs. ~ >> ---

In iodine , Roni Molin <matchermaam@...> wrote:>>>> There would probably be more correlation to not having enough> thyroid hormone,>> and maybe having Fibromyalgia. Just and interesting sidenote, I> also gave up>> smoking in 1997. I was never a big drinker, so I still just have> it once in a while.>>>> You might check with your town, county and state, to see if they> have a health>> insurance program that you could be on if you can't afford any.> It's worth looking>> online, or a few phone calls.>>>> Roni>>>>>>>> claudia <claudia_homer@...> wrote:>> Hi Roni,>>>> Thank you for your concern (o:. I don't have the energy or>> concentration to go into all the gory details. But

here's some of>> it.>> I'm self treating for long standing health problems. No insurance>> and low finances. But I ordered one small Iodoral yesterday>> (thursday) from breast cancer resources (I think it was). So will>> see if it helps get the thyroid hormone to work. Been a lifelong>> meat disliker (meat eaters are less likely to be iodine deficiant)> and>> have lived mostly in iodine low areas. Did feel better, sorta, on>> the coast in conneticut. But have been in denver since 79. Have>> never felt right my whole life, kinda shy, reclusive, foggy headed,>> prone to depression.>>>> I gave up drugs and started to go menopausal around end of 95 and>> started to feel sick around then. Quit cigs in 97 and quit drinking>> around 2001. Instead of feeling better (you'd think) I kept feeling>> worse. Chronic pain all over

for years and "dead" from the neck up.>> I can't do the things I love like running, weight training, or>> improving myself to make more money. Thyroid hormone (thyroid-s)>> helps some, progesterone doesn't do anything even though it's was>> very low (don't have labs).>> Anyhoo, it's been a detective story on my own learning from others.> I>> hope this will be a piece of the puzzle. I was just wondering if>> there was any correlation between iodine and your brain working>> better. And if anyone has seen an improvement after using it. I>> will raise very slowly and watch. If I get better any at all, I'll>> pass on the info. Thanks for listening. ~ >>>> >> > Has anyone come across any articles on iodine deficiency>> and depression>> > and or dullness of thinking, detachment from reality. Thank you> in>> > advance. I have to drag myself into work. ~ >> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> > --------------------------------->> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > Mobile.>> Try it now.>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --------------------------------->> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.> Try it now.>>>>>>>>>>>

Actually increasing iodine will increase metabolism and use up iron. That is what we are seeing with members on 100 mgs right now (myself included). Or ferritin levels are dropping due to increased need from higher metabolism.

Steph

Re: Iodine and thyroid ~> Hi Roni (I think your name means rejoice),>> I read recently somewhere that when your metabolism increases (as> when you are doing thyroid hormone) it uses up iodine faster. So, I> assume,if one is low in iodine anyway there wouldn't be enough to do> the job. Without iodine the body can't use the thyroid hormones> correctly. That would explain alot. Fibro and cfs might be linked> to this, or maybe lyme, or stealth viruses, or other critters that> would be dead if we had sufficient iodine, who knows. I'm wondering> because these things really took off around the time that iodine was> removed from bakery goods about 40yrs ago + or -.>> Congrats on defeating smoking. That was the hardest thing for me to> quit. Kol Hakavod!>> I'm hopefully useing some of my tax return to maybe do a spit test.> Or go to a progressive doctor down in colorado springs. ~ >> >> > Has anyone come across any articles on iodine deficiency>> and depression>> > and or dullness of thinking, detachment from reality. Thank you> in>> > advance. I have to drag myself into work. ~ >> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> > --------------------------------->> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > Mobile.>> Try it now.>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --------------------------------->> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.> Try it now.>>>>>>>>>>>

So far, it hasn't been Terrible, but it's just one more concern that I have to watch out for. Roniclaudia <claudia_homer@...> wrote: I remember reading about hemochromatosis (too much iron). They would treat it by drawing blood frequently. ~ > >> > Has anyone come across any articles on iodine deficiency> >> and depression> >> > and or dullness of thinking, detachment from reality. Thank you> > in> >> > advance. I have to drag myself into work. ~ > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > ---------------------------------> >> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > > Mobile.> >> Try it now.> >> >> >>> >>> >>> >>>

>>> >>> >> ---------------------------------> >> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.> > Try it now.> >>> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >

That may be good or it may be bad. If you iron levels were to high to begin with, it could be good. If they were normal or a bit low, it could be bad. There are so many variables connected to each individual, that I don't believe that there is a one fits all protocol for anything, not just iodine. Roniladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> wrote: Actually increasing iodine will increase metabolism and use up iron. That is what

we are seeing with members on 100 mgs right now (myself included). Or ferritin levels are dropping due to increased need from higher metabolism. Steph Re: Iodine and thyroid ~> Hi Roni (I think your name means rejoice),>> I read recently somewhere that when your metabolism increases (as> when you are doing thyroid hormone) it uses up iodine faster. So, I> assume,if one is low in iodine anyway there wouldn't be enough to

do> the job. Without iodine the body can't use the thyroid hormones> correctly. That would explain alot. Fibro and cfs might be linked> to this, or maybe lyme, or stealth viruses, or other critters that> would be dead if we had sufficient iodine, who knows. I'm wondering> because these things really took off around the time that iodine was> removed from bakery goods about 40yrs ago + or -.>> Congrats on defeating smoking. That was the hardest thing for me to> quit. Kol Hakavod!>> I'm hopefully useing some of my tax return to maybe do a spit test.> Or go to a progressive doctor down in colorado springs. ~ >> >> > Has anyone come across any articles on iodine deficiency>> and depression>> > and or dullness of thinking, detachment from reality. Thank you> in>> > advance. I have to drag myself into work. ~ >> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> > --------------------------------->> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > Mobile.>> Try it now.>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --------------------------------->> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.> Try it

now.>>>>>>>>>>>