RemedySpot.com

Re: I am still here!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Wanda,

Hi! Glad to hear from you. I've been real busy too. I'm still doing 2 jobs at work and both of them take a full time person. So I've been pulled real thin trying to keep everything running. The only thing good about it, is that I don't have the time to get bored.

I entered the contest on LL and it's still not to late to enter if you want to. I don't think I'll win or anything, but I thought it would help provide some motivation. The weight is still coming off, I'd say about 1/2 pound per week. But it sometimes seems so unfair! All this work and so little to show for it. How are your doing with your exercises and weight loss?

I went to a BB King concert last Sunday and pahhed my way through the whole concert. Must have done about 200 breaths total. The only problem was that by the end of the night, I had to go to the bathroom so bad, I couldn't suck in my gut. I just pahhed and sucked to the beat. It was a very good concert!!!!!

This week I worked at the high school trying to do upgrades on the computers and get other ones up and running. Tomorrow, I take my dog to get spayed, and then I have to get home and get things ready for Easter. My family comes over for Easter breakfast and stays 1/2 the day then goes to their in-laws for the other half. I look forward to eating all that ham and kielbasa, and babka and nut rolls and eggs and all that other good food. Guess my diet will be blown come Sunday, but it's only one day a year.

In two weeks, my daughter has her 1st Holy Communion and there will be another party for that, but I'll be so busy running around, I shouldn't have to worry too much about over eating. So for the next few weeks, I'll be real busy.

I hope you all have a wonderful spring holiday. My best to you and your family. Happy Easter!

Wanda

Guest guest

Hi everyone! Sorry you all got that letter, it was suppose to go to the other Wanda on this list privately. I didn't realize I sent it to the list. OOPS! Have a great Easter.

Wanda in PA

Guest guest

Hi Everyone!

Wanda--I am very glad that you made this mistake. If you hadn't, I

would have continued to think that it was too late to enter the

contest. I started out very well, but life became so crazy that I

got of course. I am going back to teaching after being on leave for

2 years, so I had a couple of deadlines to meet. Then to make things

a little more stressful, 1 of my dogs came home with her foot broken

off. ( I live in the country on 10 acres with a lake. They have the

run of the place.) The vet thought it was a trap, but they couldn't

save her leg. It was a tough decision, but I really trust my vet.

She felt that my dog had already endured the worst pain and that she

would be fine with her remaining 3 legs. ( she is only 10 months

old) Anyway, she was right. The day after the operation, she was up

and moving around. I brought her home Monday. It has been harder on

me than her. My husband says that the only one who knows that her

leg is missing is me. She has no clue. She has adapted so well.

It happened on Thursday, so from Friday to Monday, I spent time

getting things ready for her to come home, including searching for

the source of this terrible accident- no luck.

This was such a difficult decision for me. I had a hard time

sleeping because I was worried that I made the wrong decision about

my dog. When I came home Thursday night I thought that I would be

able to find some comfort and advice from you guys, but my computer

wouldn't

connect.

Finally, it did this morning. Boy have you guys been busy posting!!

Anyway, in the morning, I going to start up again. I have kept my

weight and measurements for both weeks, even if they aren't so great.

( I am still in " the food jail " !- give me stress... give me food!) I

have missed you guys very much and I am sooooooo glad my computer is

connecting again!

Sincerely,

Jill in Florida

By the way I too, would love to meet for the retreat! I am flexible

as to the dates! Happy Easter!

>

> Hi everyone! Sorry you all got that letter, it was suppose to go to

the other Wanda on this list privately. I didn't realize I sent it to

the list. OOPS! Have a great Easter.

>

> Wanda in PA

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

>

Guest guest

Welcome back Jill :-) Sorry about your dog :-( But good news that SHE doesn't even miss it BIG:-) And congratulations on going back to teaching. I sub, high school, and I really like it. Happy Easter back to you BIG:-)

God bless, Bonnie

**********************************************With God, ALL things are possible.**********************************************

Guest guest

Thanks Bonnie. I am very impressed that you sub in high school. I

am scared to death of those big kids! :} I am subbing in elementary

right now. I hope to teach 1st or 2nd. I like to be the tallest 1 in

the room. :}

Sincerely,

Jill

Guest guest

You're welcome sis :-) And don't be impressed. We have a BIG principal who keeps order BIG:-) And at this particular high school, the students are really pretty good. I was a little nervous at first, but I really like it. Now some of the high schools in our county are a little rough, but Fairmont High is one of the better ones. Like I said, we have a BIG principal :-) Oh girl, I have a hard time being taller than ANYBODY LOL Well, I'll send up a prayer for you to get 1st or 2nd grade. It's always great doing what you like and getting paid for it :-)

{{{HUGS}}} & God bless, Bonnie

**********************************************With God, ALL things are possible.**********************************************

Thanks Bonnie. I am very impressed that you sub in high school. I am scared to death of those big kids! :} I am subbing in elementary right now. I hope to teach 1st or 2nd. I like to be the tallest 1 in the room. :}Sincerely,Jill------------------------------------------------------------------------Get paid for the stuff you know!Get answers for the stuff you don't. And get $10 to spend on the site!1/2200/1/_/812636/_/956290829/------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest guest

Amen sis , just believe!! BIG :-) I'll be looking for your post telling me you have the position :-)

{{{HUGS}}} & God bless, Bonnie

Thank you Bonnie! Between your prayers and me visualizing myself teaching at this school, I am sure it will happen!Sincerely,Jill

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

> I haven't written much lately. I had strep, then a kidney infection, then

a

> stomach virus.

Wow! I'm glad you're feeling better now.

>My numbers have been GREAT!!! I only had one

> over 140 and that was after eating Chinese food.

Congrats! It's always good to get off *any* medication, but keeping diabetes

stable without meds is great.

> understand why all the weight I have lost wasn't helping me stabilize. I

> mean I am down 37 lbs!

Remember, infections raise blood sugars. AND you had kidney problems. You

had a whole lotta stuff going on there.

Guest guest

> I haven't written much lately. I had strep, then a kidney

infection, then a

> stomach virus.

WOW! Sounds like you've had a rough few weeks! Did you end up in

the hospital? When my daughter's kidney infection was diagnosed

(thru the ER) she was admitted and ended up staying for 4 days.

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better now!

>the doctor took me off the metformin temporarily, because my

> stomach was such a mess already. Well, I am back to eating

normally now and

> still have not restarted it. My numbers have been GREAT!!!

That is wonderful news! I know you were having a hard time with the

Metformin.

I couldn't

> understand why all the weight I have lost wasn't helping me

stabilize. I

> mean I am down 37 lbs!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Anyway, the Dr. thinks the kidney infection might

> have been long standing. He thinks that might have been affecting

my

> numbers for the last several weeks at least.

Yep... they do tend to be around for a while before being diagnosed.

Did they put you on a preventative medication for the Kidney

infection? My daughter has to be on a dose of bactrim every day for

a year to make sure it doesn't return.. the nephrologist said that

40% of the cases will return in less then a years time if not

treated. Soooo she is on it until Janurary.

Anyway, I was on the maximum

> dose of Metformin, and he was wanting to add some other stuff that

can cause

> weight gain. Now, it looks like I may be able to get off of all

the meds

> completely!!!

Again WONDREFUL news Cherilyn! Glad your feeling better!

a

No they didn't hospitalize my or put me on anything to prevent it recurring,...SO...It came back a week later!!! I caught it early this time though and went back on the macrodan. I am hoping it will get TOTALLY gone this time!

Thanks for all the encouragement! I am so glad to have you guys to come to. It is nice to be praised and encouraged. It is even better to be motivated by everyone's drive and their achievements!

Cherilyn

-----Original Message-----From: a [mailto:amm@...]Sent: Thursday, 07 August, 2003 7:24 AM100-plus Subject: Re: I am still here!> I haven't written much lately. I had strep, then a kidney infection, then a> stomach virus. WOW! Sounds like you've had a rough few weeks! Did you end up in the hospital? When my daughter's kidney infection was diagnosed (thru the ER) she was admitted and ended up staying for 4 days. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better now! >the doctor took me off the metformin temporarily, because my> stomach was such a mess already. Well, I am back to eating normally now and> still have not restarted it. My numbers have been GREAT!!! That is wonderful news! I know you were having a hard time with the Metformin. I couldn't> understand why all the weight I have lost wasn't helping me stabilize. I> mean I am down 37 lbs! CONGRATULATIONS!! Anyway, the Dr. thinks the kidney infection might> have been long standing. He thinks that might have been affecting my> numbers for the last several weeks at least. Yep... they do tend to be around for a while before being diagnosed. Did they put you on a preventative medication for the Kidney infection? My daughter has to be on a dose of bactrim every day for a year to make sure it doesn't return.. the nephrologist said that 40% of the cases will return in less then a years time if not treated. Soooo she is on it until Janurary. Anyway, I was on the maximum> dose of Metformin, and he was wanting to add some other stuff that can cause> weight gain. Now, it looks like I may be able to get off of all the meds> completely!!! Again WONDREFUL news Cherilyn! Glad your feeling better!aTo unsubscribe DO NOT send a message to the list.Please click on this link and unsubscribe:100-plus/join

> No they didn't hospitalize my or put me on anything to prevent it

> recurring,...SO...It came back a week later!!! I caught it early

this time

> though and went back on the macrodan. I am hoping it will get

TOTALLY gone

> this time!

My 7yr old had a pretty bad case. We didn't have a clue as to why

she was sick, and she isn't very good an conveying her symptoms, and

when she did I kind of blew her off (bad mom!). She complained that

her back hurt, but didn't have any other symptoms. Since the kids

like to lay on the floor and kick at eachother I figured she must of

gotten kicked and the pain would go away. She never mentioned it

again so I figured she was fine. A day or so later she had a fever

then began vomiting.. I thought flu. The next morning she was

vomiting something like coffee grounds (digested blood) so the Dr had

me take her in. He figured she tore something whild vomiting but

nothing serious. Needless to say we (me or the Dr) thought about a

kidney infection. When the ER doc took some blood and began to

examine her he touched her back/side area and she flinched, he did it

again and she flinched. She had fluid around her kidney and her

blood work was way off. She was on IV antibiotics while in the

hospital and they had a hard time controling her fevers (they

wouldn't listen to me about how to treat them and let them get out of

control). Anyhow... it doesn't sound like yours were quite that bad

then which is a GREAT thing! You may want to mention to your Dr

about staying on the antibiotics for a little longer and see what

s/he has to say.

a

(who also has a 4/1 niece)

Oh, how awful! I hate the feeling when your child has been sick and you missed it. My now 11 y/o went through a phase when he was younger when he cried wolf all the time. Well, one day he told me he was too sick to go to church. I told him in no uncertain terms that I was tired of all this faking and expected him to be up and dressed in 10 minutes. An hour later we returned home from church and he went strait to bed with a barf bucket, while I cleaned the mess out of the van. I felt like such a heel, but he had just faked it too many times.

No, mine didn't get that bad. I had one when we were first married, so when all the symptoms showed up, I finally got a clue! That is such a terrible feeling though. You were talking about blowing off the sore back, well I have a friend who is the MOST overprotective mom. We have always teased her about it. Well, her 6 y/o daughter complained that her leg hurt. I myself would have thought growing pains and given her a Tylenol. Well, the friend kept investigating and finally took her to the pediatrician. It turned out that she had a very rare and potentially crippling infection in her hip joints. I was stunned. If that had been my child, she would not have gotten treatment in time. I told my friend that I would never tease her again. It is just so hard to evaluate a child's pain or symptoms. BTW, the kid is fine. They put her in the hospital and treated it.

Cherilyn

-----Original Message-----From: a [mailto:amm@...]Sent: Tuesday, 12 August, 2003 8:16 AM100-plus Subject: Re: I am still here!> No they didn't hospitalize my or put me on anything to prevent it> recurring,...SO...It came back a week later!!! I caught it early this time> though and went back on the macrodan. I am hoping it will get TOTALLY gone> this time!My 7yr old had a pretty bad case. We didn't have a clue as to why she was sick, and she isn't very good an conveying her symptoms, and when she did I kind of blew her off (bad mom!). She complained that her back hurt, but didn't have any other symptoms. Since the kids like to lay on the floor and kick at eachother I figured she must of gotten kicked and the pain would go away. She never mentioned it again so I figured she was fine. A day or so later she had a fever then began vomiting.. I thought flu. The next morning she was vomiting something like coffee grounds (digested blood) so the Dr had me take her in. He figured she tore something whild vomiting but nothing serious. Needless to say we (me or the Dr) thought about a kidney infection. When the ER doc took some blood and began to examine her he touched her back/side area and she flinched, he did it again and she flinched. She had fluid around her kidney and her blood work was way off. She was on IV antibiotics while in the hospital and they had a hard time controling her fevers (they wouldn't listen to me about how to treat them and let them get out of control). Anyhow... it doesn't sound like yours were quite that bad then which is a GREAT thing! You may want to mention to your Dr about staying on the antibiotics for a little longer and see what s/he has to say.a(who also has a 4/1 niece)To unsubscribe DO NOT send a message to the list.Please click on this link and unsubscribe:100-plus/join

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

Still no joy with Virgin. I am STILL not getting any messages into my

OE and again, have just spoken with Virgin to see what the problem is.

They now tell me this is nationwide and they have received many

complaints from people running a forum that they are not getting

messages. They tell me this is something to do with 'twocows' and they

hope this will be rectified soon, but this is almost 5 days I have had

this problem.

nice to be missed though LOL :o)

Luv - Sheila

>

> Yes we were missing you Shiela

> x

>