RemedySpot.com

RE: What does this all mean? (Test results)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Barbara

When your GP dropped your thyroxine dose, was that because of your 08.06.07 result? You really should get some more results as those were done a long time ago. Let's have a list of any symptoms or problems you are suffering. You should ask your GP to test your ferritin when you have your blood tested next time - and also test your Free T3.

Luv - Sheila

After my previous post, I have contacted my GP to see if I could get access to my test results. Surprisingly they were ever so helpful (!!) and have given me the information over the phone. I just hope I've got all this information right!!The laboratory ranges are 10 - 23 for free T4 and for TSH it's 0.4 - 5.5.My last 4 test results are as follows:23/08/06 - T4 = 15; TSH = 0.702/02/07 - T4 = 16; TSH = 0.908/06/07 - T4 = 19; TSH = 0.0528/06/07 - T4 = 12; TSH = 0.7

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1221 - Release Date: 12/01/2008 14:04

Thanks for the reply, Sheila.I am due a blood test, so I think I will ask my GP if they will also do free T3 and stored ferretin levels as well.My symptoms are general fatigue, weight issues, dry skin, pains in my legs when tired, lack of " stored " energy, extremely poor immune system and general lack of " oomph " . I'm not saying it is definitely my thryroid issues to blame, but I want to be 100% sure that it's not IYSWIM.

Will get some more blood tests taken and see what shows up!Thanks again,BarbaraOn 14/01/2008, sheilaturner <

sheilaturner@...> wrote:

Hi Barbara

When your GP dropped your thyroxine dose, was that because of your 08.06.07 result? You really should get some more results as those were done a long time ago. Let's have a list of any symptoms or problems you are suffering. You should ask your GP to test your ferritin when you have your blood tested next time - and also test your Free T3.

Luv - Sheila

After my previous post, I have contacted my GP to see if I could get access to my test results. Surprisingly they were ever so helpful (!!) and have given me the information over the phone. I just hope I've got all this information right!!The laboratory ranges are 10 - 23 for free T4 and for TSH it's 0.4 - 5.5.My last 4 test results are as follows:23/08/06 - T4 = 15; TSH = 0.702/02/07 - T4 = 16; TSH = 0.908/06/07 - T4 = 19; TSH = 0.0528/06/07 - T4 = 12; TSH = 0.7

.... And I should have said extreme issues with temperature as well! For example, I can be sat wrapped up in 10 layers of clothes under a duvet shivering, and hubby is sitting in shorts with no top on!!;-)

On 14/01/2008, Barbara Hobbs <barbara.l.hobbs@...> wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Sheila.I am due a blood test, so I think I will ask my GP if they will also do free T3 and stored ferretin levels as well.My symptoms are general fatigue, weight issues, dry skin, pains in my legs when tired, lack of " stored " energy, extremely poor immune system and general lack of " oomph " . I'm not saying it is definitely my thryroid issues to blame, but I want to be 100% sure that it's not IYSWIM.

Will get some more blood tests taken and see what shows up!Thanks again,BarbaraOn 14/01/2008,

sheilaturner <

sheilaturner@...> wrote:

Hi Barbara

Luv - Sheila

If possible Barbara, you should also try to find out the state of your adrenals. You would be amazed how many people with your symptoms find their adrenals are not functioning as they should. You can get a 24 hour salivary adrenal profile done from NPTech Services. Go to our FILES and scroll down until you find NPTech Services and you can see all the tests and prices they charge. You can call 01638 665350 to get the kit. It is fairly expensive, but they will be able to test your cortisol and DHEA levels at 8.00a.m. - 12 Noon - 4.00p.m. and again at midnight. These are specific times and they will send you a chart showing a normal output and your curve alongside. This will tell you if you need to boost your adrenals. You could also do the adrenal questionnaire (and candida questionnaire) in our FILES too. Let us know how you score - at least, the questionnaires don't cost you money LOL.

Luv - Sheila

Thanks for the reply, Sheila.I am due a blood test, so I think I will ask my GP if they will also do free T3 and stored ferretin levels as well.My symptoms are general fatigue, weight issues, dry skin, pains in my legs when tired, lack of "stored" energy, extremely poor immune system and general lack of "oomph". I'm not saying it is definitely my thryroid issues to blame, but I want to be 100% sure that it's not IYSWIM. Will get some more blood tests taken and see what shows up!Thanks again,Barbara

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release Date: 14/01/2008 17:39

I remember that feeling well Barbara - it is horrible when you know the coldness is coming from inside and no matter how much clothing, duvets, hotwater bottles, hot drinks you have, they appear to make no difference. Now, here I am sat in a short sleeved T-shirt and pyjama bottoms at 6.21a.m. with no heating, middle of January and I feel great. You will get there Barbara - just stay with us and we will watch you regain your health again.

luv - Sheila

.... And I should have said extreme issues with temperature as well! For example, I can be sat wrapped up in 10 layers of clothes under a duvet shivering, and hubby is sitting in shorts with no top on!!;-)

On 14/01/2008, Barbara Hobbs <barbara.l.hobbsgooglemail> wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Sheila.I am due a blood test, so I think I will ask my GP if they will also do free T3 and stored ferretin levels as well.My symptoms are general fatigue, weight issues, dry skin, pains in my legs when tired, lack of "stored" energy, extremely poor immune system and general lack of "oomph". I'm not saying it is definitely my thryroid issues to blame, but I want to be 100% sure that it's not IYSWIM. Will get some more blood tests taken and see what shows up!Thanks again,Barbara

On 14/01/2008, sheilaturner < sheilaturnertpa-uk (DOT) org.uk> wrote:

Hi Barbara

Luv - Sheila

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release Date: 14/01/2008 17:39

Hi Colane,

TSH well within range, but the T4 is in the lower part of the range most of the

time. I’d like to see it in the top quartile of the range- the 19 was

nearer the mark you should be aiming for that. I don’t usually recommend Dr.

Toft, but his NHS booklet ( from any chemist) Understanding Thyroid Disorders

says that the TSH may have to be suppressed in order to raise the T4 to control

symptoms. In ohther words a dose increase may be to you benefit. Make sure

you get the new edition- the old one does not say this. The worrying thing is

the decision to reduce T4 when at 19 the T4 is well within range.

The laboratory ranges are 10 - 23 for free T4 and for TSH it's 0.4 - 5.5

23/08/06 - T4 = 15; TSH = 0.7

02/02/07 - T4 = 16; TSH = 0.9

08/06/07 - T4 = 19; TSH = 0.05

28/06/07 - T4 = 12; TSH = 0.7

Now, I'm finding these confusing as they all appear to be within

" normal " ranges with the exception of the TSH for the 08/06/07 tests.

That was the test that threw up some questions on my treatment, and my GP

lowered my thyroxine level from 150mg to 50mg overnight. But I felt so

awful the endochrinologist I saw put me back up to 150 again.

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Sounds like with

such a hot man a cuddle would be in order!!

And I should have said extreme issues with temperature as well! For

example, I can be sat wrapped up in 10 layers of clothes under a duvet

shivering, and hubby is sitting in shorts with no top on!!

;-)