Hi ,,

I'm sure you already know that in germany the range is up to 2.5

and in the USA it is 3.0 so you would get a diagnosis in either place, just

not here.

Hi

> There is NO WAY that I have a thyroid issue. As my last Tsh came back

at 3.02.

This is what the NHS endo told me too. I got the diagnosis from Dr S and

I'm hoping that my GP will abide by it. We'll have to see.

Good luck.

Luv

Messages are not a substitute for professional medical advice. Always

consult with a suitably qualified practitioner before changing medication.

My sister was not even tested for thyroid as the doctor didn't think it was necessary. Thereby not only losing four years of her life, but her daughter lost the first four years of her life with her mother because my sister was just too tired to even deal with the baby. Because doctor said there was nothing wrong with her, her husband thought she was just idle and couldn't be bothered with the child or the home. As my sister got worse her marriage started to break up and by the time she was diagnosed (incidentally by a locum who she saw when her doctor was on holiday) it was too late. Had she not seen the locum goodness knows how she would have ended up.

I blame the stupid doctor who tested her for everything but thyroid - even though he told her he had tested her for everything.

This has not only affected her life, but that of her ex husband, and worst still that of her daughter.

Lilian

With hind-sight she now sees that she lost the best years of her life through that.

Tracey, so sorry to hear of the raw deal you family has had, it really is a disgrace isnt it.

I dont want to undermine your experiences as Im really appalled that your family has suffered like this, so please dont think that Im being uncaring, but 'eye on the main chance' makes me wonder about whether one of the TV programme makers would be interested in doing a documentary about people's experiences of misdiagnosed thyroid conditions. This is the sort of thing that seems to appeal to the 'controversial' programme makers - human interest stuff, but might be another way of getting the message out there? There are so many people who have suffered because of the useless doctors that this would make some good TV and help to get the message across to all. What do you think anyone?

Gill

, it wouldnt happen to them would it, because they listen to other doctors and they would find an answer Im sure, they wouldnt just be told they are depressed!

So sorry for your relationship difficulties, hope it gets sorted.

Gill x

Why do Dr's cast aside our symptoms. I suppose if it was happening to one of their members of the family, something would be done.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.6/1192 - Release Date: 21/12/07 13:17

Actually though there was a woman who was hyothyroid, married to a doctor who still insisted there was nothing wrong with her because her doctor said so, and her marriage broke up for the same reason as a lot of hypo women's do. So some doctors are still ignorant even when they are living with it. Of course, he wasn't actually experiencing being hypo himself though.

Lilian

it wouldnt happen to them would it, because they listen to other doctors and they would find an answer Im sure, they wouldnt just be told they are depressed!

Poor woman - no perks for living with one of these so and sos here then!

Gill

Actually though there was a woman who was hyothyroid, married to a doctor who still insisted there was nothing wrong with her because her doctor said so, and her marriage broke up for the same reason as a lot of hypo women's do. So some doctors are still ignorant even when they are living with it. Of course, he wasn't actually experiencing being hypo himself though.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.6/1192 - Release Date: 21/12/07 13:17