RemedySpot.com

Re: question re adrenals

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My adrenals were pretty shot when I started on iodine. I started right off on 50 mgs. I didn't have any issues with them until I added the chelation post mercury amalgam removal and I think that was too much for them. I would say that they are a factor but how much is debatable. I don't think anyone has tracked that. The adrenals use iodine as well so it is a good thing for them to get it. I would say to make sure you are getting enough Vit C and Celtic Salt to support them. If that is not enough you can always get a glandular to help and if too severe you may have to resort to an Isocort or get a rx for hydrocortisone. It is hard to say how you will react. Everyone is so different. The loading test shouldn't cause you a problem since the factor in iodine seems to be increased metabolism over time that stresses them.

question re adrenals

hi stephanie...i just got my iodine test in the mail, so i am ready to get started.i've felt concerned reading these emails about adrenals, though.i am fatigued a lot of the time, and i wonder if my adrenals are depleted. how big a factor are adrenals in iodine depletion/supplementation, and how important is it to test for adrenals while starting this process of looking into my iodine levels?thanks,mari

stephanie,thanks so much for your prompt reply!i've also been seeing emails about detoxing with iodine supplementation.does this tend to be something that happens in the beginning, or is it ongoing?

also, how disruptive is iodine supplementation to the healthy flora in the gut?mari : )On Jan 19, 2008 9:56 PM, ladybugsandbees <

ladybugsandbees@...> wrote:

My adrenals were pretty shot when I started on iodine. I started right off on 50 mgs. I didn't have any issues with them until I added the chelation post mercury amalgam removal and I think that was too much for them. I would say that they are a factor but how much is debatable. I don't think anyone has tracked that. The adrenals use iodine as well so it is a good thing for them to get it. I would say to make sure you are getting enough Vit C and Celtic Salt to support them. If that is not enough you can always get a glandular to help and if too severe you may have to resort to an Isocort or get a rx for hydrocortisone. It is hard to say how you will react. Everyone is so different. The loading test shouldn't cause you a problem since the factor in iodine seems to be increased metabolism over time that stresses them.

question re adrenals

hi stephanie...i just got my iodine test in the mail, so i am ready to get started.i've felt concerned reading these emails about adrenals, though.i am fatigued a lot of the time, and i wonder if my adrenals are depleted. how big a factor are adrenals in iodine depletion/supplementation, and how important is it to test for adrenals while starting this process of looking into my iodine levels?thanks,mari

what does iodine make your body rid itself of, and how does that happen?how did you get through your detox - did you ride it out till the detoxing was done, or did you cut back on dosage to stop the detox from happening?

mariOn Jan 19, 2008 10:13 PM, ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> wrote:

Again for me I didn't notice detox at 50 mgs. I got a little more 8 mos after starting when I upped it to 75. I went down to 50 mgs after 2 mos and was on that for a year. You would think I had detoxed what I would have by that point but when I upped it to 100 mgs all " heck " broke loose and I felt awful. It is so individual that it is hard to predict. I had no issue with gut flora either but I do take a probiotic so maybe that is part of it. I didn't however, take one while going to 100 mgs and didn't have gut issues.

Steph

question re adrenals

It is forcing out halides (bromide, chloride, fluoride). Bromide seems to be the worst. Check out www.breastcancerchoices.org in the iodine section for info.

I rode out my detox issues. They were bad. You can search the archives of this group and see what I went through. I think I posted in early November. I wanted to run from my body. I supplemented for 6 days and took one day off. I loaded with salt, vit C and MSM. It got better after about 1 1/2 mos and now I am fine on 100 mgs.

question re adrenals

wow...in the long run, do you feel that it was worth going through that?i imagine that it's healthier for the body to be rid of that stuff.do you feel better for having that stuff out of your body now?

mariOn Jan 19, 2008 10:27 PM, ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> wrote:

It is forcing out halides (bromide, chloride, fluoride). Bromide seems to be the worst. Check out www.breastcancerchoices.org in the iodine section for info.

I rode out my detox issues. They were bad. You can search the archives of this group and see what I went through. I think I posted in early November. I wanted to run from my body. I supplemented for 6 days and took one day off. I loaded with salt, vit C and MSM. It got better after about 1 1/2 mos and now I am fine on 100 mgs.

question re adrenals

For me yes it was worth it. I would rather press through it and suffer than drag it out. I am sure it is better for my body to have the stuff out but it required my attention to diet and extra supplements and detoxing support to do it. I didn't want to damage my detox organs in the process.

question re adrenals