RemedySpot.com

RE: For Sheila

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sheila, Thanks for posting my e-mail, as you can see, I'm still trying to find my around your web site. Kind regards, Annie sheilaturner <sheilaturner@...> wrote: HI Annie You have sent me this letter rather than posting

it on the Forum and I do believe you meant to do this, so I am posting it here for you. Luv - Sheila _______________________________________ Dear Sheila, I'm sorry that it's taken me this long in saying hi to you but I've been under a lot of stress and I'm trying to find my way around the group. I'm finding that since I was diagnosed with hypothroidism, I've been a mix of emotions. I've always suffered with depression and had fatigue for many years but when I noticed that my weight wouldn't come off, even though I tried various slimming clubs, diet pills etc., and nothing worked, I knew there was something wrong. Whenever I would mention my concerns with my GP's, they all said it was because I was "depressed", or "women in their 40's find that

their metabolism slows down" or "as we age, our bodies tend to put on weight" etc. Whenever the GP sent me for a blood test to check my thyroid, it always came up as "normal". For the past couple of years, I was under the haematology clinic because my blood count is 50 instead of the normal 120. It was through a routine blood test that the consultant found that my thyroid was practically on its way out. I was quite upset (still am) and angry because it took the doctors several years to finally see that I have an underactive thyroid. What I'm hoping to find out is more about what to expect from this disease and although a few friends who have the disease tell me a few snippets here and there, it's not the whole picture. I was advised by the blood consultant, to be put on Levothyroxine 100mg. So far, the symptoms have been kept at bay however, I know that they are

hovering in the background. I still get tired and my hands and feet go numb sometimes (especially in the middle of the night) and I also get some pins and needles in my hands. Some of my concerns are that I will develop diabetes and cholesterol. Even though I don't usually eat things that are fried etc., I usually bake or boil food, does this mean I will still get cholesterol? Can I get diabetes because of thyroid disease? Also, can people with an underactive thyroid lose weight successfully? I know that these are many questions but I feel overwhelmed and worried. I would appreciate any help that you can give to me Sheila. Thanks so much. I will try to come on this site and try to participate as much as I can but I know absolutely nothing about my disease - except what I've already mentioned. With kindest regards, Annie

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.

• 1 month later...

Hi Bella,

My eyelid is red, from the top of the eyeball going to the bony bit of

the eyebrow. My lower lid is darker in colour, brownish.

The whites of my eyes are white, they are dry and do get sore.

The pain is a boring pain that is just in the curve of the eyebrow from

the nose, my red part of my eyelid burns and tingles. The pain

resemble a boring toothache, but it does not last for 20-30 secs like

it says on the neuralga site. I have to lay down with it and put

something cold there and I prefer to be in dim light.

I did see something about Horner's neuralga (cluster headaches).

I really wish it would all go away, I'm dragging myself around the

house, and I feel very worn out, more than normal.

I feel for you, I really do. I have hunted around and found this

link:

http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec09/ch098/ch098f.html

It actually lists hypothyroidism as a potential cause of eyelid

swelling but it also lists many other causes so perhaps you will

find something there that fits your symptoms.

Lets hope this resolves by itself, living with it doesn't sound

pleasant.

Luv Bella

>

> Hi Bella,

>

> My eyelid is red, from the top of the eyeball going to the bony

bit of

> the eyebrow. My lower lid is darker in colour, brownish.

> The whites of my eyes are white, they are dry and do get sore.

>

> The pain is a boring pain that is just in the curve of the eyebrow

from

> the nose, my red part of my eyelid burns and tingles. The pain

> resemble a boring toothache, but it does not last for 20-30 secs

They are making a stab at guessing what the problem is, they do not really know. They are hoping it will go away all by itself. If it doesn't and you go back again, they might then investigate further.

Lilian

I have been told its neuralga!!Given nothing, just got to put up with it.Been looking on the internet, but all it says is sharp stabbing pains not a boring pain. I'm more at a loss now!!

Have a look through this link and see if you can find the answer about your eye through a process of elimination. This is a very big website, but it is quite easy to follow. I do so hope it helps you. http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/eye_pain.htm

Luv - Sheila

Hi Bella,My eyelid is red, from the top of the eyeball going to the bony bit of the eyebrow. My lower lid is darker in colour, brownish.The whites of my eyes are white, they are dry and do get sore. The pain is a boring pain that is just in the curve of the eyebrow from the nose, my red part of my eyelid burns and tingles. The pain resemble a boring toothache, but it does not last for 20-30 secs like it says on the neuralga site. I have to lay down with it and put something cold there and I prefer to be in dim light.I did see something about Horner's neuralga (cluster headaches). I really wish it would all go away, I'm dragging myself around the house, and I feel very worn out, more than normal.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.7/1232 - Release Date: 18/01/2008 19:32

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Dear Sheila,

I tried e-mailing you and that came back undelivered and then I tried

to get in to my membership to talk with you again but the page kept

coming up blank. I would appreciate hearing from you when you have a

moment.

Kind regards,

Annie

Guest guest

HI Annie

I sent you a message this morning in response to your message to me. You ARE still here as you will see, but I see you have opted to receive No Emails so not sure whether that is making a difference to you. You are coming through to the group and you are coming through to me now so something must have righted itself.

Luv - Sheila

Dear Sheila,I tried e-mailing you and that came back undelivered and then I tried to get in to my membership to talk with you again but the page kept coming up blank. I would appreciate hearing from you when you have a moment.Kind regards,Annie

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.0/1341 - Release Date: 24/03/2008 15:03

Guest guest

HI Annie

I am not away, I am holding clinics at my home for Dr Peatfield including tomorrow (Sunday) and today we are having our TPA-UK Get together so will not be around. Can your questions wait until Monday? If not, write them down and I do look at me email early morning.

luv - Sheila

Hi Shela,

I got your message and I was, am, it seems, able so far to get on to your web page and be able to send you this post.

Anyway, Lilain told me you're away until the weekend. I wanted to call you but I was not able to get through then I noticed that some digits didn't look right and so I guess that's why I couldn't call. Would you mind if I called you to ask you some questions?

Kindest regards and thanks again Sheila.

Annie

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.1/1346 - Release Date: 27/03/2008 10:03

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

for Sheila

**I don't have any doubt Sheila, but was wondering if you knew whether the results would have been higher if I hadn't already been medicated.

Im not sure about this Ria. I guess the antibodies will gradually increase until they have done the job they were born for - and that is to destroy your thyroid tissue. I must look into this one when I have a moment, or perhaps somebody knows the answer.> Your Free t4 is far too low, but I wouldn't lower your Armour, youjust need to add a little L-thyroxine like me. I take 25 mcgs L-thyroxine dialy added to my 3 grains of Armour and it made all thedifference to me.**I am going back to see my GP now and will be interested in hearingwhat he has to say. He asked for 'thyroid' tests though exactly whatI still don't know. I DO know my TSH will be supressed of course. Iasked him to prescribe Armour but he refused and I guess he won'twant to give me thyroxine either though these results might justconvince him.....yep! in my dreams!!

If he doesn't give you a good reason(apart from it not being a licensed drug) as to why he won't prescribe you Armour, show him the paper in response to the BTA statement and see if he can argue against that. Make sure you do get a response from him though as to whether the results would mean he would now prescribe L-thyroxine. Your TSH will be suppressed and make sure he knows that YOU know the reason why and that it is of no concern whatsoever.>Your FT3 could do with being a bit higher, so obviously, you are notyet on the right dose. Once you get your adrenals sorted though, thiscould well make a difference, because if your adrenals are not up toscratch, your body is unable to absorb the thyroid hormonereplacement it needs.**ok...what do you think I should do first though...add in thethyroxine or up my Armour dose....? Where do you get your thyroxinefrom...will I be able to buy it? I will be able to use a little of's to start with but not for long as the doc's will no doubtsoon catch on:) I am now on 2 NAE daily so need to wait a week or so before changing anything else don't 1?

I would try adding 25 mcgs L-thyroxine. You can buy this from International Pharmacy. I'm afraid that I go by how I feel and not by blood test results, and TSH is a useless to test to go by when you are on thyroid hormone replacement anyway. Wait, as you say, for 7 days before adding the 24 mcgs T4.

Luv - Sheila

Thanks Sheila...and for your patience and kindness to us at the clinicloveRiaxx>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.8/1362 - Release Date: 06/04/2008 11:12