RemedySpot.com

Re: Need a referral from a doctor?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Give NPTech a call and see what they suggest. Speak to either Rosemary or Ron. Their number is 01638 665 350. Let us know the outcome.

Luv - Sheila

I wanted to get some blood tests done but my local Nuffield hospital say they won't draw any bloods without a letter from my doctot or consultant, has anyone else found this too?

AOL's new homepage has launched. Take a tour now.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1221 - Release Date: 12/01/2008 14:04

Hi Sheila,

Just to let you know that apparently Rosemary has left - I've only just

managed to get through since trying to ring them last week but usually

find I have to try for a day or two until I get to speak to someone

rather than the answer machine! I spoke to a lady called Gill who's

there just helping out for the afternoon so if anybody's been trying to

get through to them, I'd ring now.

I guess they are going to be busier than usual after all the new visits

and queries to the website!

Gillian

>

> Give NPTech a call and see what they suggest. Speak to either

Rosemary or Ron. Their number is 01638 665 350. Let us know the outcome.

>

> Luv - Sheila

I sometimes had this problem with the private hospital local to me. The reason this happened to me is because they didn't know what code to put it under to generate the bill. Blood tests are not usually a thing on its own. So if you have seen a doctor for a condition and they request blood tests then they can put it to the code of that condition.

I just told them that it was for me as I am sending it away to a private clinic and that I am paying my own bill for this. I finally got them to do it, but it was difficult as they had to go through many people to find out how they were going to bill me and how much.

Lilian

I wanted to get some blood tests done but my local Nuffield hospital say they won't draw any bloods without a letter from my doctot or consultant, has anyone else found this too?

It is such a shame that Rosemary has left - she has been so helpful to me when I had queries. I hope they do get somebody soon because, as you say, there have been a lot of new members and messages from the website since last Tuesday's article in the Daily Mail.

Luv - Sheila

Hi Sheila,Just to let you know that apparently Rosemary has left - I've only just managed to get through since trying to ring them last week but usually find I have to try for a day or two until I get to speak to someone rather than the answer machine! I spoke to a lady called Gill who's there just helping out for the afternoon so if anybody's been trying to get through to them, I'd ring now.I guess they are going to be busier than usual after all the new visits and queries to the website!Gillian>> Give NPTech a call and see what they suggest. Speak to either Rosemary or Ron. Their number is 01638 665 350. Let us know the outcome.> > Luv - Sheila

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1221 - Release Date: 12/01/2008 14:04

Give NPTech a call and see what they suggest. Speak to either Rosemary or Ron. Their number is 01638 665 350. Let us know the outcome.

Luv - Sheila

I will do thanks. I actually contacted the Nuffield as they are listed on NPTech's site as somewhere that will take bloods. It's really difficult trying to sort stuff like this out when you're at work all day isn't it, I barely remember to collect my prescription in time

Hi ,

I had exactly the same thing when I rang up my local Nuffield

hospital, but luckily the receptionist had the phone number of a

private doc who had left details of services that he offered,

including drawing blood. So I contacted him directly, and got him to

draw blood, funnily enough on the afternoon he was at the Nuffield

hospital !!

It did feel weird writing him a cheque directly for his services, I'm

not used to paying for my medical treatment :-)

Rod

>

> I wanted to get some blood tests done but my local Nuffield hospital

say they won't draw any bloods without a letter from my doctot or

consultant, has anyone else found this too?

>

>

> ________________________________________________________________________

> AOL's new homepage has launched. Take a tour at

http://info.aol.co.uk/homepage/ now.

>

I had exactly the same thing when I rang up my local Nuffield

hospital, but luckily the receptionist had the phone number of a

private doc who had left details of services that he offered,

including drawing blood. So I contacted him directly, and got him to

draw blood, funnily enough on the afternoon he was at the Nuffield

hospital !!

It did feel weird writing him a cheque directly for his services, I'm

not used to paying for my medical treatment :-)

Rod

Thanks Rod thats helpful. I mean whats the point of paying privately for something and still being at the mercy of your doctor to decide if it's needed or not.