RemedySpot.com

RE: Too much thyroxine causing symptoms?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From what you say, you do appear to be over-medicated. I would cut your dose down to 125 mcgs. I have heard so many people who say they got up to 150 mcgs and after a while, they couldn't tolerate such a dose, and felt so much better by reducing the dose. I was one such person.

One of the problems could be that you have high cortisol when you go to bed and it should be at its lowest. Have you had a 24 hour adrenal salivary profile done to see where your cortisol and DHEA lie at 4 specific times during the day, if not, I would most definitely get one done asap.See our FILES and look for NPTech Services.

Luv - Sheila

Message transferred from chat group as this is not off topic:

Any advice greatfully received. I'm currently on 150 mcg of Thyroxine after it's been increased gradually over the last 3 months. I feel loads better, particularly over the last couple of weeks, someone at work today remarked that I seem so much better and that I've got my sparkle back, I've started going to the gym and the body aches are gone and the pains in my arms just an occassional twinge. So all good, except that sometimes I feel that I'm like a car that's being over revved. I've noticed that in the day I'm constantly tapping my foot or pencil or whatever, today waiting for the lift seemed to be an intolerable annoyance because I needed it to happen faster. I'm wondering if I'm now over medicated, but in other ways I feel great. Another complication is that this 'over revved' feeling is how I was usually before the hypo tiredness set in quite a while back . So while I recognise the feeling I don't want it to be normal for me, Any suggestions? I take my Thyroxine at night and sometimes I'm so wired i don't sleep till 4.00 which is a problem when I have to be up at 7.00 for workThanks

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release Date: 14/01/2008 17:39

Hi ,

The traditional time to take T4 is first thing in the morning, an hour before

foods.

Have you done this?

How did you sleep then?

Maybe you could split dose?

Maybe you are overmedicated, but the pills

are so large it is difficult to reduce by the tiny amount that you probably

only need. It takes 25 days for any change

to fully take effect so it can be difficult to track small changes so keep a

diary.

Message transferred from chat group as this is not off topic:

So all good, except

that sometimes I feel that I'm like a car that's being over revved…………..

I'm wondering if I'm now over medicated, but in other ways I feel great.

Another complication is that this 'over revved' feeling is how I was usually

before the hypo tiredness set in quite a while back . So while I recognise the

feeling I don't want it to be normal for me, Any suggestions? I take my

Thyroxine at night and sometimes I'm so wired i don't sleep till 4.00 which is

a problem when I have to be up at 7.00 for work

Thanks

From what you say, you do appear to be over-medicated. I would cut your dose down to 125 mcgs. I have heard so many people who say they got up to 150 mcgs and after a while, they couldn't tolerate such a dose, and felt so much better by reducing the dose. I was one such person.

-----Original Message-----

Thank you Sheila I was wondering if I should drop it down. And I'll certaily look into the salivary test t

x

AOL's new homepage has launched. Take a tour now.

The traditional time to take T4 is first thing in the morning, an hour before foods.

Have you done this?

How did you sleep then?

jenny stenning <jennystenning@...>

Hi jenny

Yes I did take it in the morning but I've really struggled to get up and remember to take it while trying to get lunchboxes ready and then eat something an hour later, and because I'm diabetic I have to eat breakfasr and take other meds and then get out for work on time! I have actually felt better since I've started taking it at night I think. I did start a diary when I was first diagnosed and looking back boy was I miserable, but yes I think it's worth keeping it up.

x

Hi ,

Another possibility might be to split your dose and have some at night

and some in the day. You do however sound like you could indeed be

getting too much and even if those adrenals aren't stressed now, too

much T4 could eventually cause them problems.

Luv Bella

>

> From what you say, you do appear to be over-medicated. I would cut

your dose down to 125 mcgs. I have heard so many people who say they

got up to 150 mcgs and after a while, they couldn't tolerate such a

dose, and felt so much better by reducing the dose. I was one such

person.

>

There have been studies done showing that for some people it is better to take your thyroxine at night and many say they get a better nights sleep.

Luv - Sheila

The traditional time to take T4 is first thing in the morning, an hour before foods.

Have you done this?

How did you sleep then? jenny stenning <jennystenninghotmail>

Hi jenny Yes I did take it in the morning but I've really struggled to get up and remember to take it while trying to get lunchboxes ready and then eat something an hour later, and because I'm diabetic I have to eat breakfasr and take other meds and then get out for work on time! I have actually felt better since I've started taking it at night I think. I did start a diary when I was first diagnosed and looking back boy was I miserable, but yes I think it's worth keeping it up. x

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.5/1228 - Release Date: 16/01/2008 09:01