RemedySpot.com

RE: Armour or Cytomel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI Jonny

The response from your endoprat is exactly the reason we are sending them a response we are writing to the BTA Statement on Armour Thyroid and the combination treatment of T3/T4. He is SO FAR away from the facts - and no wonder the state of thyroid treatment in the country is, as Dr Thierry Hertoghe says, on a par with third world countries.As Armour is a natural preparation, it is preferable to synthetic T4 or T3. Armour is more consistent than thyroxine alone.

Please be patient, I want to get this document out to all the endocrinologists and Primary Care Trusts as you want to receive it - and it will give you ALL the facts to show these practitioners how wrong they are. It is a difficult document, but will be ready soon. It will go onto our website and hopefully, anybody else who has a thyroid website can put it there too.

Meanwhile, if you want to find out about the consistency of the amounts of T4 and T3 in every batch of Armour, go to my little website http://www.armourinfo.freeuk.com and read through document 1.

Luv - Sheila

Armour or Cytomel

I everyone,Just wondering which is better out of these two to take? Iv heard thatArmour is better as also has T1, T2 and other bits in.My endo said that he may give me some T3, but not Armour as it isinconsistent. Is this true? Are there any websites that anyone knowsof that shows either was if this is true or not?I think it sounds a lot better having all the thyroid hormones thatthe body naturally produces, even if these is no proof of theirbenefit, rather than having even just T3 and T4. After all, we musthave evolved to produce these other hormones for a reason right?ThanksJonny

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release Date: 14/01/2008 17:39

Hi Jonny,

Armour is not inconsistent- this old chestnut has been doing the

rounds since the seventies- a batch of something was imported purporting to

be Armour which was not up to standard- it was eventually found to be a fake

and not Armour at all. Armour has FDA approval so it has to meet the

appropriate standards.

T3 can work well, but I find that Armour just makes me feel that bit

better.

Armour or Cytomel

My endo said that he may give me some T3, but not Armour as it is

inconsistent. Is this true? Are there any websites that anyone knows

of that shows either was if this is true or not?

Thanks

Jonny

Messages are not a substitute for professional medical advice. Always

consult with a suitably qualified practitioner before changing medication.

If my endo refuses to give me armour even if I show him some evidence

about the consistency, should I just accept the cytomel treatment, or

should I wait and find another endo who WILL prescribe it to me. Is

the difference worth the wait?

Jonny

This is only my personal opinion others might think differently. I would accept the cytomel and see how you get on with it and if you improve. Then get signed off with that endo and let your GP prescribe the T3.

Then, after a space of time, and doing your research on who will prescribe Armour, you can then ask to be referred to that endo.

Lilian

If my endo refuses to give me armour even if I show him some evidenceabout the consistency, should I just accept the cytomel treatment, orshould I wait and find another endo who WILL prescribe it to me. Isthe difference worth the wait?

This makes good sense and there's another reason to at least try the

cytomel. If you find it works for you then your struggle may be over

but also there's the fact that if it doesn't work then you are more

likely to be able to persuade your Endo to give you a trial of armour.

If you don't show willing then they may not play ball either.

Luv Bella

>

> This is only my personal opinion others might think differently. I

would accept the cytomel and see how you get on with it and if you

improve. Then get signed off with that endo and let your GP

prescribe the T3.

Having horrible side effects with T4, I attended an endo as my GP said that he could not prescribe armour but the endo could. The Endo of course had no knowledge of armour and said he would prescribe me T3 - after 5 months of similar side effects to the T4, he finally prescribed me armour. So I would say most definitely, accept the T3 and see how you go, if you do well on it fantastic, if not you have the best argument in the world for trialling armour.

Luv nne

If my endo refuses to give me armour even if I show him some evidenceabout the consistency, should I just accept the cytomel treatment,

Hi Jonny,

I'd say go for it! The only thing I will say is that I found that

taking any amount of T4 caused me to feel very odd indeed during a time when

I had run out of Armour and was waiting for new supplies. I felt OK on just

T3. But as you know not everybody is sensitive equally.

After all if the T4/T3 doesn't work than you can go fo the Armour at a

later date.

Re: Armour or Cytomel

If my endo refuses to give me armour even if I show him some evidence

about the consistency, should I just accept the cytomel treatment, or

should I wait and find another endo who WILL prescribe it to me. Is

the difference worth the wait?

Jonny

Messages are not a substitute for professional medical advice. Always

consult with a suitably qualified practitioner before changing medication.

More likely than not Jonny, your endocrinologist will not recommend Armour for you - we are still in the process of 'adding to their education' DUH!The message will get through, and it IS as some (especially in Yorkshire) are meeting up with their colleagues and pooling their knowledge and info that has been sent to them and actually giving their patients a trial of Armour if they do not do well on thyroxine. If he refuses and recommends Liothyronine, try that and see how you get on. You may to titrate the dose until you get it just right, but for some people it DOES work. Others' need to stop taking T4 altogether and go straight onto ALL T3 - and others do great on Armour. Try everything, you might find synthetic will work for you.

Luv - Sheila

If my endo refuses to give me armour even if I show him some evidenceabout the consistency, should I just accept the cytomel treatment, orshould I wait and find another endo who WILL prescribe it to me. Isthe difference worth the wait?Jonny

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.7/1234 - Release Date: 20/01/2008 14:15