RemedySpot.com

Re: Fw: Desperately need some advice please

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ive heard this before = that most people will feel better with a bit of thyroxine, whether they are hypothyroid or not - and this was from a GP I know who actually does understand T3 and T4 and that the TSH range is not 100% accurate, so as I have regard for him as a GP, I think this is something worth looking into to see if its got any evidence base,or is just a myth put about by the BTA!

If I get chance to ask this GP I will, but will try to have a search of the medical journals when I have time - but if anyone feels like looking into it, that would be useful and might be worth including in the BTA responses or another paper??? Any thoughts?

Gill

>2 GP said he could do a trial of thyroxine although I'm likely to feelbetter whether hypo or not!

Not sure what he means, unless he is saying he feels because you will be taking thyroxine, if you feel better, it will becaus of a "placebo effect". If that is his thinking, I would run a mile away from him and find yourself another doctor - and quickly

HiGill

I think this is a myth eminating from BTA.

Luv - Sheila

Ive heard this before = that most people will feel better with a bit of thyroxine, whether they are hypothyroid or not - and this was from a GP I know who actually does understand T3 and T4 and that the TSH range is not 100% accurate, so as I have regard for him as a GP, I think this is something worth looking into to see if its got any evidence base,or is just a myth put about by the BTA!

If I get chance to ask this GP I will, but will try to have a search of the medical journals when I have time - but if anyone feels like looking into it, that would be useful and might be worth including in the BTA responses or another paper??? Any thoughts?

Gill

>2 GP said he could do a trial of thyroxine although I'm likely to feelbetter whether hypo or not!

Not sure what he means, unless he is saying he feels because you will be taking thyroxine, if you feel better, it will becaus of a "placebo effect". If that is his thinking, I would run a mile away from him and find yourself another doctor - and quickly

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.5/1228 - Release Date: 16/01/2008 09:01

Hi

I am delighted that at last, you have seen Dr Skinner and that you now have a proper diagnosis of hypothyroidism. Onwards and upwards now, and I hope your Mum now also starts to get treatment. Keep us advised as to what your doc. says.

Luv - Sheila

> >3 Get a referral to go and see Dr Skinner> > If you are able to afford it, then most definitely. Dr Skinner only treats privately. He is a good man and knows what he is talking about - he has made thousands of patients well again.Well, things sure do happen quickly. I rang Dr Skinner on Tuesday and saw him yesterday and I am now officially Hypo!! Yay. Dr Skinner said I was an absolutely classic case and have probably been hypo for a long time. At least six years which is how long we know my TSH has been above 3. He is writing to my GP to ask him to prescribe thyroxine for me, so here's hoping.My mum came with me to see Dr Skinner as I wanted the memory backup (and company for the drive) and he thinks she is probably hypo too so she started taking her basal temp and it was 96.2 this morning so Dr Skinner may well have saved 2 people!!Many thanks to everyone for their advice. Now I can feel like a proper part of the group and not a pretender (you do start to wonder if it is all in your head!!)Regards

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.5/1228 - Release Date: 16/01/2008 09:01

Hi ,

Let’s hope GP will

cooperate. If not then I expect Dr. S will but you would have to ask him.

Dr Skinner said I was an absolutely classic case and have probably been hypo

for a long time. At least six years which is how long we know my TSH has been

above 3. He is writing to my GP to ask him to prescribe thyroxine for me, so

here's hoping.

Not surprised!

HiGill

I think this is a myth eminating from BTA.

Luv - Sheila

Gill

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.6/1192 - Release Date: 21/12/07 13:17