RemedySpot.com

RE: my good news About Armour fight

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I can't seem to do anything with it, does anyone know why?

Luv Bella

>

> Hi to everyone Please read this letter I recieved this morning

from the consultant i saw, it has given me new hope, that the armour

thyroid may well be on its way for me, and also that this really

nice Dr. bothered to listen to me and go check out for himself

aswell.

>

>

> Carol

> X

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>

Hi Carol,

Good news. I was a bit concerned as the letter does say’ will prescribe until

April 2007’ I do hope this is a typo!

-----

Hi

to everyone Please read this letter I recieved this morning from the consultant

i saw, it has given me new hope, that the armour thyroid may well be on its way

for me, and also that this really nice Dr. bothered to listen to me and go

check out for himself aswell.

Carol

X

Looking for last minute

shopping deals? Find

them fast with Search.

Yes a typo as it was typed in 2008. Hope it does not cause any problems though, I have put the prescrpiton in with the letter and await the arival of my armour! I do not expect it to be as simple as that. The woman from the complaints dept. phoned again today and told me to look for a consultant out of the maidstone and weald pct as they will not fund armour, once I get my prescripton done I shall make an appointment with my GP as Dr Bollas said I should see an endo. I shall see one in the maidstone and weald area and then off we go again I expect.The woman from the prescribing place told me that no drs in our area prescribe armour on the nhs. I do know that one dr does, but she said he is not prescribing it to new patients as he is conducting a trial, so I have written to the trust to

ask of any thyroid medication trials that they may be carrying out, under the freedm of information act. I dont think this is true somehow. Anyway I await their reply and will keep everyone posted. One question, are we allowed to tell dr.s like Dr. Bollas about this website, I am nervous as to whom I give the website out to. Carol X RE: my

good news About Armour fight

Hi Carol,

Good news. I was a bit concerned as the letter does say¢ will prescribe until

April 2007¢ I do hope this is a typo!

-----

Hi

to everyone Please read this letter I recieved this morning from the consultant

i saw, it has given me new hope, that the armour thyroid may well be on its way

for me, and also that this really nice Dr. bothered to listen to me and go

check out for himself aswell.

Carol

X

Looking for last minute

shopping deals? Find

them fast with Search.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I would write to this woman at the complaints dept and ask her to put in writing exactly what you are supposed to do. Even if you do find a consultant out of the Maidstone and Weald PCT, they will still be r responsible for funding it as you will be getting your prescriptions in their area. Do they really know what they are doing. You need to get them to put it in writing WHY they refuse to fund it, because there are places you can go who will work with you who are capable of over-turning their decision. If there is a doctor in your area doing a trial of Armour thyroid, you are entitled to know exactly who this is. Are the PCT funding that 'trial' and if so, they have surely set a precedent.

You can tell THE WORLD about our website. We already have some doctors who are members of this forum - and you can also tell who you wish that (and I'm not naming them - we have at least 2 GP's who have phoned my home asking me about Armour because they are hypothyroid and thyroxine didn't help them. I know they both use Armour now and doing well. I will be sending ALL PCT's the comments and references documents about Armour. So, see if they change their minds. However meanwhile Carol, you must demand, in writing, exactly why they refuse to fund a medication that will give you back your health - that is FDA approved, that meets all the specifications laid down by the United States Pharmacopoeia. Especially as the NHS have NO other medication to offer you if their licensed one doesn't work.

Luv - Sheila

Yes a typo as it was typed in 2008. Hope it does not cause any problems though, I have put the prescrpiton in with the letter and await the arival of my armour! I do not expect it to be as simple as that. The woman from the complaints dept. phoned again today and told me to look for a consultant out of the maidstone and weald pct as they will not fund armour, once I get my prescripton done I shall make an appointment with my GP as Dr Bollas said I should see an endo. I shall see one in the maidstone and weald area and then off we go again I expect.The woman from the prescribing place told me that no drs in our area prescribe armour on the nhs. I do know that one dr does, but she said he is not prescribing it to new patients as he is conducting a trial, so I have written to the trust to ask of any thyroid medication trials that they may be carrying out, under the freedm of information act. I dont think this is true somehow. Anyway I await their reply and will keep everyone posted. One question, are we allowed to tell dr.s like Dr. Bollas about this website, I am nervous as to whom I give the website out to.

Carol

X

RE: my good news About Armour fight

Hi Carol,

Good news. I was a bit concerned as the letter does say¢ will prescribe until April 2007¢ I do hope this is a typo!

-----

Hi to everyone Please read this letter I recieved this morning from the consultant i saw, it has given me new hope, that the armour thyroid may well be on its way for me, and also that this really nice Dr. bothered to listen to me and go check out for himself aswell.

Carol

X

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release Date: 14/01/2008 17:39

Sheila what she was saying to me was, why do you want to see a dr in this area if we are not funding armour, I do not believe she knows whether or not our pct funds it, and anyway if the consultant is prescribing it to do with a trial it must be funded by my pct as he is a nhs dr. giving out nhs prescriptions to nhs patients. He is on your drs who do list, but as a private consultant, but I know he has patients whom are nhs and on armour. He is Dr. of the Nuffield hospital, but he also sees NHS patients at the Pembury hospital, I will check this though.I will not go to a consultant out of my area, it would not be cost effective for me anyway, to travel to London to see a nhs consultant, I would have petrol and congestion charges it would be cheaper to buy the armour myself. I will

continue to fight to get it, I know I can rely on you and the group for help in that.If you had asked me to do this 6 months ago I could not have, I was too tired and fuzzy. But now it has cleared with the help all you have given me, I am up for a FIGHT so watch out Maidstone and Weald PCT here I come. I want to do this not only for myself but for all those who cannot do it for themselves. Carol X RE: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] my good news About Armour fight

Hi Carol,

Good news. I was a bit concerned as the letter does say¢ will prescribe until April 2007¢ I do hope this is a typo!

-----

Hi to everyone Please read this letter I recieved this morning from the consultant i saw, it has given me new hope, that the armour thyroid may well be on its way for me, and also that this really nice Dr. bothered to listen to me and go check out for himself aswell.

Carol

X

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release Date: 14/01/2008 17:39

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Real fighting spirit Carol. Many, many thanks for what you are doing and for having such a fighting spirit. We WILL get there.

Luv - Sheila

If you had asked me to do this 6 months ago I could not have, I was too tired and fuzzy. But now it has cleared with the help all you have given me, I am up for a FIGHT so watch out Maidstone and Weald PCT here I come. I want to do this not only for myself but for all those who cannot do it for themselves.

Carol

X

RE: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] my good news About Armour fight

Hi Carol,

-----

Carol

X

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Hi Carol,

Sheila thought it might be something to do with the program I'm using

to view the forum - internet explorer - but I can't see any way of

changing the settings so as no one else seems to be having problems I

decided not to make a fuss, lol! There's just a big blank space where

I assume your letter should have been.

Thanks for asking.

Luv Bella

>

> Hi there Bella wha do you mean can't you see the letter.

>

> Carol

> X

>

I honestly don't know what text I use Sheila! I use internet explorer

to read everything and clearly it's not very good.

Luv Bella

>

> Some people use 'Plain text' (which means you can't really do any

fancy stuff with writing or reading. Others use Rich Text, and they

will be able to see your attachment. Bella uses Plain Text.

>

> Luv - Sheila

>

>

Ah, I've figured out what the problem is, it's to do with the basic

set up on my computer. I've had this problem for years and have

always managed to find a way around the problme but if I want to fix

it I'll need to get an expert in as it's too complicated for me.

I'll give my whizzy computer friend a shout.

Luv Bella

>

> Bella - open Outlook Express - go to your Tool Bar and click

on 'Create Mail'. In that box, go to the 'Tool Bar 'again and click

on 'Format' right at the top. On the drop down box, click on 'Rich

Text' - then you can go and open Carol's message again and you

should be able to see the letter. Let us know if this works - or

not..

>

> Luv - Sheila

>

>

> Hi Carol,

> Sheila thought it might be something to do with the program I'm

using

> to view the forum - internet explorer - but I can't see any way

of

> changing the settings so as no one else seems to be having

problems I

> decided not to make a fuss, lol! There's just a big blank space

where

> I assume your letter should have been.

> Thanks for asking.

> Luv Bella

>

> >

> > Hi there Bella wha do you mean can't you see the letter.

> >

> > Carol

> > X

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> -------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.5/1228 - Release Date:

16/01/2008 09:01

>