RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: hypo, nodules and Iodoral

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Did she talk to him about this or just stop taking it?

Steph

Re: hypo, nodules and Iodoral

> Yes I know a person who sees brownstein and after taking Iodoral her

> goiter enlarged. She stopped taking it and it went down on its own.

>

> jin

>>

>> Hello, my first post here, with a question: has anybody experienced

>> an enlargement in nodules with Iodoral, and if yes, did you stick

>> with it and did they eventually disappear?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Did she discuss it with him? He is usually good to offer solutions. I have

had great luck with him.

Steph

>>

>>

>> > Yes I know a person who sees brownstein and after taking Iodoral

> her

>> > goiter enlarged. She stopped taking it and it went down on its

> own.

>> >

>> > jin

>> >>

>> >> Hello, my first post here, with a question: has anybody

> experienced

>> >> an enlargement in nodules with Iodoral, and if yes, did you

> stick

>> >> with it and did they eventually disappear?

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

He always asks me how I am feeling - first question out of his mouth. I

don't think it is his responsibility to seek out problems but for the

patient to bring them to his attention. I am very proactive with him.

After all only I know how I feel.

> Yes she did and she spent a year on his protocol. That being said,

> if he is on top of how Iodoral is effecting patients, he should be

> documenting and asking questions as opposed to assuming if the

> patient doesn't say anything, then everything must be OK. jin

>>

>> Did she discuss it with him? He is usually good to offer

> solutions. I have

>> had great luck with him.

>>

>> Steph

>>

My experience was similar. When I stopped tolerating iodine all he had to

offer was keep trying. I was taking all his supplements. We'll see if he

has anything else for me at my next appointment.

Irene

At 02:07 PM 1/7/2008, you wrote:

Yes she did and she spent a year

on his protocol. That being said,

if he is on top of how Iodoral is effecting patients, he should be

documenting and asking questions as opposed to assuming if the

patient doesn't say anything, then everything must be OK. jin

>

> Did she discuss it with him? He is usually good to offer

solutions. I have

> had great luck with him.

>

> Steph

>

>

> Re: hypo, nodules and Iodoral

> >>

> >>

> >> > Yes I know a person who sees brownstein and after

taking

Iodoral

> > her

> >> > goiter enlarged. She stopped taking it and it went

down on its

> > own.

> >> >

> >> > jin

> >> >>

> >> >> Hello, my first post here, with a question: has

anybody

> > experienced

> >> >> an enlargement in nodules with Iodoral, and if

yes, did you

> > stick

> >> >> with it and did they eventually disappear?

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

When do you see him again?

Steph

Re: hypo, nodules and Iodoral> >>> >>> >> > Yes I know a person who sees brownstein and after taking Iodoral> > her> >> > goiter enlarged. She stopped taking it and it went down on its> > own.> >> >> >> > jin> >> >>> >> >> Hello, my first post here, with a question: has anybody> > experienced> >> >> an enlargement in nodules with Iodoral, and if yes, did you> > stick> >> >> with it and did they eventually disappear?> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >

Don't know yet I need to reschedule my appt.

Irene

At 03:27 PM 1/7/2008, you wrote:

When

do you see him again?

Steph

> >>

> >>

> >> > Yes I know a person who sees brownstein and after taking

Iodoral

> > her

> >> > goiter enlarged. She stopped taking it and it went down on its

> > own.

> >> >

> >> > jin

> >> >>

> >> >> Hello, my first post here, with a question: has anybody

> > experienced

> >> >> an enlargement in nodules with Iodoral, and if yes, did you

> > stick

> >> >> with it and did they eventually disappear?

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

I respectfully disagree. This goes for all doctors.

> That's great that you are proactive but alot of people are not. Many > are too sick to even think rationally and form relative questions > and adequately describe what is going on with them. My mother can > not tell you how she feels as she battles alot of ailments. She gets > all confused. Older people have a greater tendency to think doctors > are God and they do whatever they tell them to do and give the > doctor very little information to work on. People have all > different levels of knowledge on health.

Being able to communicate what hurts or feels bad has nothing to do with knowledge of medicine. You can express you have headaches, not sleeping, etc. In the case of the elderly or individuals who have difficulty expressing themselves they should have someone go with them as an advocate for their health. I go with my mom on her appts to help her remember what to tell the doctor because she is not good at expressing her issues in great detail.

People are also nervous > around doctors and forget to tell doctors many things.

I can see that - with the "god" image they portray themselves as. Some times it is an intimidation factor - like don't you cross me. I had plenty of those where I left the office in tears but they all got fired eventually and I found another doctor to help.

It is equally > his responsibilty to draw people out and ask questions whether they > bring it up or not. If it was totally our responsibility then what > are we paying doctors for?

I liken this to a vehicle. What if you took a car to the mechanic and said "It doesn't run right but I can't tell you why". When they asked what was wrong you just said "I don't know I can't explain it. I am too confused and I don't understand cars". Where would the mechanic even start? It is the same for a doctor. Do you realize how many possible symptoms one person can have? If you start at the head you can have losing hair, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, ear aches, drainage from the ears, ringing in the ears, spots infront of eyes, dry eyes, nasal congestion, nasal drainage, painful sinuses, dry mouth, increased saliva, burning tongue, sore throat, sore teeth. That's just the head and I haven't in any way covered all the possibilities. What would you suggest would be good questions for a doctor to ask a patient to "draw" out information. I am not being cocky here but just don't see how a doctor could be more direct than asking how a person is feeling on the supplmenets they are taking. Since eventually I will have clients to deal with in this capacity it is important for me to understand the expectations.

Unfortuantely, they get paid whether they > help you or not which is a flaw in the health care system. I agree, the more knowledgeable, more proactive, more assertive you are the > more likely you can get well but 100% of his patients are not like this.

Maybe people should start telling their doctors when they do a crappy job. Refuse to pay a bill one day if you don't feel you got your money's worth. I know of a member on another group I am on that did exactly that and told them that they better not dare send him to collections for it either. You know what? They didn't and he never got a bill.

> > If he is truly researching Iodine, then he should be asking every > single patient about dosage, any symptom etc.

He does have the most common symptoms but it is impossible to know what every single person's possible reactions will be. We are all so biochemically different. I am not just defending Dr. Brownstein but any doctor. Think about it in terms of a drug. When a Dr prescribes a Statin to a patient does he know every single possible side effect that could occur and does he keep track of it? No.

If the patient stopped taking Iodoral then what made them stop.

I am sure he does ask. When you go to him for each appt you must fill out a form with all the supplements you are currently taking. If Iodorol is not on the list I am sure he will ask them why since it is something he recommends to everyone.

No different if the patient > is still taking it and having good results This should be > documented. People who stop on their own may or may not tell him and > he needs to know the reason to further research otherwise he is not > doing justice to the research of iodine. I have serious doubts that > this is happening. Just my 2 cents. > It is the job of the patient to be an active participant in their care. Like it or not you as the patient are not the center of his universe. He cannot be all things to all people when he is running a practice of 3,000 patients. It just isn't possible.

I would just like to know what the dose was---for you and for Brownstein's patient.

often ppl complain about negative effects when they are taking too little.

Gracia

Yes she did and she spent a year on his protocol. That being said, if he is on top of how Iodoral is effecting patients, he should be documenting and asking questions as opposed to assuming if the patient doesn't say anything, then everything must be OK. jin>> Did she discuss it with him? He is usually good to offer solutions. I have > had great luck with him.> > Steph> > > Re: hypo, nodules and Iodoral> >>> >>> >> > Yes I know a person who sees brownstein and after taking Iodoral> > her> >> > goiter enlarged. She stopped taking it and it went down on its> > own.> >> >> >> > jin> >> >>> >> >> Hello, my first post here, with a question: has anybody> > experienced> >> >> an enlargement in nodules with Iodoral, and if yes, did you> > stick> >> >> with it and did they eventually disappear?> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >

What is NT?

Irene

At 01:27 PM 1/7/2008, you wrote:

>When I originally took iodoral my goiter shrunk in a month but after

>1.5 years on iodine my goiter is growing again and I take a bigger

>dose of NT than I used to.

>

>jin

Nature-throid. It's like Armour but with less fillers (specifically no

corn).

Steph

Re: Re: hypo, nodules and Iodoral