RemedySpot.com

SNIPPING POSTS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear 'Newbies' - You will have found already that this forum has a lot of traffic and you may not be able to cope with the amount of messages it attracts. May I suggest that if you opted to receive 'Individual Emails' that you click "Edit my Membership" which you will find in purple at the top left of our Home Page. Click on that and you can use your option to change how you receive messages to either a "Daily Digest" or to "No Emails". With No Emails, you can read and write directly from the web. If you opt for "Daily Digest" and this is the best, you will receive up to 25 messages in one email. That will stop the frustration of having your 'Inbox' jammed.

The latter brings up another problem. For those reading direct from the "Daily Digest" you open your message and then happily (or should be happily) scroll down through the list of messages. This is where we, as individuals, come into the game. When you write a response to a message, please delete everything you are responding to apart from a small portion. Delete also other messages that have inadvertently been left underneath. If not, those receiving Daily Digests have to scroll, scroll, scroll getting VERY frustrated and it is the same for those reading direct from the web. None of us wants to have to scroll through messages we have read before.

Please make absolutely sure before you click SEND on your message, that you have deleted everything that is unnecessary and just leave a little of what you are responding to. Equally annoying though, is when people respond to something specific, but they leave NOTHING - so with a busy forum like this, I can't always remember what had been written previously and I get confused.

We can all make the occasional mistake, as I did yesterday - and I apologise for leaving all the messages at the end of my message to Mo. So, I need reminding to cut my messages just like the rest of us.

Have a happy day.

luv - Sheila

Another alternative for coping with a high volume of threads is to get

an email account such as gmail. This " threads " the emails coming in,

so all conversations are, in effect, kept in a single email.

That way you can read the topics you want to read, and not miss any

replies to it, and just delete topics you don't want to read (and

delete all comments to that topic in one go).

It's a great email service for things like this group.

Barbara

>

> Dear 'Newbies' - You will have found already that this forum has a

lot of traffic and you may not be able to cope with the amount of

messages it attracts. May I suggest that if you opted to receive

'Individual Emails' that you click " Edit my Membership " which you will

find in purple at the top left of our Home Page. Click on that and you

can use your option to change how you receive messages to either a

" Daily Digest " or to " No Emails " . With No Emails, you can read and

write directly from the web. If you opt for " Daily Digest " and this is

the best, you will receive up to 25 messages in one email. That will

stop the frustration of having your 'Inbox' jammed.