RemedySpot.com

Re: palps and coffee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sounds as if you have found the treatment that works for you Mo, at last, and hopefully, now it is all down to getting the dosage of your T3 fine-tuned.

Why are you having that naughty cup of "half-caff" coffee when you should be having a "no-caff" one - especially as you are noticing what a difference it is making by cutting it out - or is it a case of you can't start functioning until you have had the "half-caff" like so many of us. As for the properties of Coke - pour some in a glass and drop a piece of raw meat into it and leave it for some time. You will get a shock when you see the meat will be white...UGH! Scary or what?

Luv - Sheila

I am taking 3 and half tabs of 25 mcg T3 at the moment, just increased by quarter tab yesterday and so far so good though, certainly with me anyway it seems to take about two to three days before an increase kicks in when using T3.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.7/1232 - Release Date: 18/01/2008 19:32

Hi Mo, Sheila,

Having ‘come off ‘ coffee myself I know why it is important to do

it in stages, coming off too quick can lead to days of nasty headaches as the

caffeine ithdraws from the body. I still have my morning cup of the real stuff

as I just love the taste of good coffee, but drink herbal tea the rest of the

time.

As to coke, as a child a friend

dropped one of his shed milk teeth in to a glass and a few days later there

wasn’t much left!

Why are you having that naughty cup

of " half-caff " coffee when you should be having a " no-caff "

one - especially as you are noticing what a difference it is making by cutting

it out - or is it a case of you can't start functioning until you have

had the " half-caff " like so many of us. As for the properties of Coke

- pour some in a glass and drop a piece of raw meat into it and leave it for

some time. You will get a shock when you see the meat will be white...UGH!

Scary or what?

Luv - Sheila

I am taking 3 and half tabs of 25 mcg T3 at the

moment, just increased by quarter tab yesterday and so far so good though,

certainly with me anyway it seems to take about two to three days before an

increase kicks in when using T3.

No virus found in this

incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.7/1232 - Release Date: 18/01/2008

19:32

Has anybody tried 'Red Bush' Tea, and if so, what do you think of it? I know that our Barb drinks this and highly recommends it for its antioxidants.

Luv - Sheila

Having ‘come off ‘ coffee myself I know why it is important to do it in stages, coming off too quick can lead to days of nasty headaches as the caffeine ithdraws from the body. I still have my morning cup of the real stuff as I just love the taste of good coffee, but drink herbal tea the rest of the time.

As to coke, as a child a friend dropped one of his shed milk teeth in to a glass and a few days later there wasn’t much left!

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.7/1232 - Release Date: 18/01/2008 19:32

Red Bush, also known as Rooibos, is actually not tea but makes a drink

that looks something like tea. It is certainly an acquired taste.

It's quite sweet and has a strong odour. The big advantage of this is

that unlike black tea it doesn't need to be grown in fluoride rich

soil so it's safe for the hypothyroid. You can buy it at Tesco and

most supermarkets.

Luv Bella

>

> Has anybody tried 'Red Bush' Tea, and if so, what do you think of

it? I know that our Barb drinks this and highly recommends it for its

antioxidants.

>

> Luv - Sheila

Sheila,

I drink it instead of my usual Assam, because of the lack of caffeine

which is a good thing while pregnant. The Beeb has an article up this

morning about caffeine in pregnancy so tis a good idea for me to

behave myself!

Its quite an acquired taste but i quite enjoy it with milk in.

Jen

>

antioxidants.

>

> Luv - Sheila

Hi,

Have had no internet access for a couple of days, beginning to regret this move to TalkTalk!

Sounds as if you have found the treatment that works for you Mo, at last, and hopefully, now it is all down to getting the dosage of your T3 fine-tuned.

Well it remains to be sedeb if the T3 is the only way to go or if my switch from Armour was unncessary when caffeine may have been the culcprit all along! Slightly raised pulse from the recent T3 raise but only up to 84 which has been my 'normal' pulse for several years.

Why are you having that naughty cup of "half-caff" coffee when you should be having a "no-caff" one - especially as you are noticing what a difference it is making by cutting it out -

Well I did not want to switch from caffeinatred to decaffeinated in one fell swoop because of the almost guaranteed withdrawal reaction of headaches that could be expected BUT yes you are right in that I do need something to get myself moving, or awake at least, in the a.m. This morning I took two tablets of DLPA which is good for this but needs to be used carefully if there any suspicion of high BP.

I also changed what I am eating when I made the cofee changes a couple of weeks ago and have gone down from 16 st 2 lbs to this morning 15 st 6.5 lbs, I can hardly believe it. Why? Because I went on the Atkins diet about 8 months ago and only lost ONE lb in two/three weeks.

or is it a case of you can't start functioning until you have had the "half-caff" like so many of us. As for the properties of Coke - pour some in a glass and drop a piece of raw meat into it and leave it for some time. You will get a shock when you see the meat will be white...UGH! Scary or what?

I will pass this info on and the effect it haqd on a baby tooth to those I know that like to drink it. I knew it was loaded with sugar but did not know that it had this effect too.

Mo

I drank Red Bush when i quit smoking. It is very nice as you can have

it with milk and sugar if you like. The smell and taste reminded me of

my grandmas old tea caddy and making tea the old fashioned way. I am

not a lover of fancy tea's but this one is ok.

ali

x

antioxidants.

>

> Luv - Sheila

>

I used to drink this all the time - I don't know why I stopped, but now I have a wide variety of herbal teas. There is also one with some other herb in with it, but I can't think which this is - it is one of the more expensive ones from a health food shop and the other tang I really liked. One thing which for me applied more with this than the rest of herbal teas is that I found that you have to have very good water to make it with, or it tastes absolutely horrible. I have reverse osmosis at home which is very good, but if I tried to drink this with tap normal tap water - yuk.

Val

Has anybody tried 'Red Bush' Tea, and if so, what do you think of it? I know that our Barb drinks this and highly recommends it for its antioxidants.Luv - Sheila