RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: So fed up and need advice- normal TSH (again) l...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I can tell you why your cholesterol has gone high - because your metabolism isn't working as you are hypothyroid. In the good old days, before the birth of the dreaded blood tests, if anybody had high cholesterol, the first cause to be considered was hypothyhroidism because the slow metabolism caused by this disease. Many people with high cholesterol find this lowers when they get on to the correct dose of thyroid hormone replacement.

You were right in the first place - your TSH result would be 1.7 as you mentioned. If that was your Free T4 result, you sould probably not be here *grin*.

Luv - Sheila

Thank you so much for your support. I am not sure about the TSH I think the shrink said Thyroid hormone was 1.7 and thats not the same as TSH so I have been trying to search for that on internet - unsuccesfully. No one can tell me why my cholesterol decided to rise in recent months and why I have so many symptoms they just say that it could be one of many other conditions my weight went up inappropriately now I am the first to admit when I have overeaten and have always been dieting BUT following an extremely exhausting weekend walking around Paris and Disneyland Paris I only ate small amounts at meal times and gained weight. I also gained weight whilst recovering from surgery despite eating less.Well I am going to see GP and then I will pay to have tests done next month. NP tech have told me the tests will cost £100 and I can't afford that this month.Thanks againKim>> > I cannot tell you how angry I get when I read stories like your Kim. You > are absolutely NOT a wolf in sheeps clothing, you are most likely hypothyroid > and it is about time these labs were stopped from not doing whatever tests > that the GP requests instead of what they think they know should be done.> > Please don't take this opinion as being the be all and end all of a > diagnosis, get yourself a complete thyroid function test from NPTech who will do all > the tests that are necessary to give you a complete picture. When you have > the results, come back and tell us what they are, you will then be told how > you can help yourself from there. > > I am so angry because I had a high TSH and still could not get a diagnosis, > please don't let them bully you, they tell you that you should take everything > with a pinch of salt because they are scared that you will actually be able > to take your health into your own hands and do them out of money.> > Luv nne> > My pshychiatrist has suggested I take it up > with my GP and then went on to suggest that maybe my menopause > symptoms need treatment (I stopped periods age 47 in Aug 04). She > then went on to say I should take the advice from 'these websites' > with a pinch of salt. Now I know you will not take kindly to that > assumption but now I am confused (no change there then) and wonder if > I am indeed a wolf in sheeps clothing i.e instead of being > hypothyroid I am a depressive/menopaused fraud.>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release Date: 06/01/2008 11:57