RemedySpot.com

Doing better

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 1 year later...

You might recall I wasn't doing well on half a grain of Armour.

Yesterday I dropped down to an eighth of a grain (*small* eighths; the

pill-cutter isn't very accurate, so I picked the smallest bits I could).

Yesterday I did experience some buzzy-racing-head-pressure shortly

after taking my noon & 4pm HC doses, but it wasn't as bad as the

previous day.

Today, again 1/8 grain, and no head pressure. So it seems that I can

tolerate 1/8 grain :-)

Mind you, my period started today and I've been SOOOO exhausted, even

more than usual. Doubt I'd get a buzzing feeling if you put a million

volts through me.

Re the swelling, I went to the chemist for Aqua-Ban, which he didn't

have, but he sold me some stuff called Water Balance instead. I sure

have been weeing a lot. Think I've got a long way to go though.

I haven't emailed Dr P yet but will do so tomorrow (too tired right

now).

I have a copy of Safe Uses of Cortisol but am just too damn tired to go

hunting for answers. If anyone knows what page I should read, please

let me know.

So I guess I stick with 1/8 grain for now, and maybe in a week's time

add another 1/8 grain for a split dose? Please correct me if wrong.

G'night,

Rosie

Yes, stick with an 1/8th of a grain Rosie, and stay with it for at least 7 days, and then add another 1/8th of a grain. Some people like you do have to take everything extremely slowly, but once your body adapts to all these strange hormones it has been without for so long, you will gradually start to feel the benefit. Some people do find that the adverse effects (such as pressure in your head or feeling spaced out etc) when first starting Armour will go away after a few days, if you can persevere, but these feelings can be a little frightening when you don't know what is happening ;o).

One little point, you don't have to split your dose exactly, because a normal thyroid puts out different amounts of hormones throughout the day.

Luv - Sheila

So I guess I stick with 1/8 grain for now, and maybe in a week's time add another 1/8 grain for a split dose? Please correct me if wrong.G'night,Rosie

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.12/1245 - Release Date: 26/01/2008 15:45

Hi Rosie

First, how are you today? Are you still tolerating the 1/8th of a grain of Armour? If so, I think you have your answer, although you really won't know for sure until you start your raise of another 1/8th of a grain. So long as you are getting your adrenals in order I see no reason for the T3 not to work. We need you to give us a daily update on how you are feeling.

luv - Sheila

That makes a depressing kind of sense. Dr P said that I had been at the back of the queue when the thyroids & adrenals were handed out & had probably been adrenally fatigued & thyrotoxic all my life. No wonder my body doesn't know what to do with T3. On the other hand, I'm impressed that I can handle 1/8 grain - for a while there, I thought I wouldn't be able to tolerate any.Okay now for a silly question: will I really get used to the T3 & be able to increase my dose? I just kinda need reassurance here.Rosie

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.12/1245 - Release Date: 26/01/2008 15:45

Best times to take your split dose are before breakfast and around 2.00p.m. in the afternoon Rosie...and YES, I know of somebody who had to scrape their Armour with a sharp knife and just take the powder she scraped off as she couldn't even tolerate 1/8th of a grain, and she is absolutely fine now, honestly - tha's doin' reet well Las.

luv - Sheila

----- Original Message -----

F

>> Hi Rosie> > First, how are you today? Are you still tolerating the 1/8th of a > grain of Armour? If so, I think you have your answer, although you > really won't know for sure until you start your raise of another > 1/8th of a grain. So long as you are getting your adrenals in order > I see no reason for the T3 not to work. We need you to give us a > daily update on how you are feeling.Sir, daily update, sir!!Feeling fine today. Well, not "fine", but fine in the sense of no adverse reaction from the 1/8 grain. That seems to have gone away. It was Saturday I dropped to 1/8 grain, and there was some head pressure that day but none since.Am now getting excited again, after a period of despondency, hoping that this is going to work after all.Happily I am now in the stage in my cycle where temps are useful again.So just to double check, when I increase my dose, it should be two 1/8 grains for a split dose? Given that I take 1/8 grain first thing in the morning, at what time of day is it reasonable to take the next 1/8 grain? Noon? And roughly when should I think about increasing? I have read the file, honest guv, and it seems to caution both against going up too quickly and not going up quickly enough.Have you ever known anyone like me, who can only tolerate tiny initial doses, but who eventually got up to a good useful dose & got well? Please tell me it's possible.Rosie

Hi rosie,

Once you adrenals are supported then you should get there given

time- just don't try to go too fast, but tiny feelings of 'raciness' aren't

too bad and often subside after a few days as your body gets used to it.

Good luck

That makes a depressing kind of sense. Dr P said that I had been at

the back of the queue when the thyroids & adrenals were handed out &

had probably been adrenally fatigued & thyrotoxic all my life.

Okay now for a silly question: will I really get used to the T3 & be

able to increase my dose? I just kinda need reassurance here.

Rosie

Messages are not a substitute for professional medical advice. Always

consult with a suitably qualified practitioner before changing medication.

>

> Best times to take your split dose are before breakfast and around

> 2.00p.m. in the afternoon Rosie

So noted.

> ...and YES, I know of somebody who had to scrape their Armour

> with a sharp knife and just take the powder

> she scraped off as she couldn't even tolerate 1/8th of a grain,

Oh Sheila, you can't hear how hard I am laughing!

> and she is absolutely fine now, honestly - tha's doin' reet well

> Lass.

:-) Well today I have graduated to the bigger eighths - I've used up

all the tiny eighths. So far fine.

Rosie

Am waiting with bated breath Rosie - and everything (even eyes) crossed for you.

luv - Sheila

> ...and YES, I know of somebody who had to scrape their Armour > with a sharp knife and just take the powder > she scraped off as she couldn't even tolerate 1/8th of a grain, Oh Sheila, you can't hear how hard I am laughing!> and she is absolutely fine now, honestly - tha's doin' reet well > Lass.:-) Well today I have graduated to the bigger eighths - I've used up all the tiny eighths. So far fine.Rosie

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.15/1249 - Release Date: 29/01/2008 09:51

>

> Great news - long may it continue. Be positive, your extra 1/8th

> grain will in all probability work fine. Give it a chance.

OK so up to two 1/8 grains today and fine so far :-)

Though on past experience I wouldn't expect to feel odd until about day

3 or so.

Rosie

Everything crossed for you Rosie. I have a feeling you will do fine, so I hope I don't hear to the cotrary ;o).

Luv - Sheila

>> Great news - long may it continue. Be positive, your extra 1/8th > grain will in all probability work fine. Give it a chance.OK so up to two 1/8 grains today and fine so far :-)Though on past experience I wouldn't expect to feel odd until about day 3 or so.Rosie

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.19/1256 - Release Date: 02/02/2008 13:50

>

> Everything crossed for you Rosie. I have a feeling you will do fine,

> so I hope I don't hear to the cotrary ;o).

Day 3 of two 1/8 grains & still ok :-)

What do you reckon, Sheila - shall I stick at this dose for a week then

try adding another 1/8 grain?

Rosie

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

I can’t wait to share your successes....cause they are coming!

Ann

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 2:25 PM

100Plus List

Subject: Doing Better

Well things are going well, was down 1.2 pounds from the last disasterous weigh-in. Now to keep up the momentum and get the rest off, although a lot of the gain is bloat I know because I've had cramps today from hell so soon enough that too, will be history and I'll probably see a better loss than before. I'm sure going to work for it. I'm back into the mentality of there is no reason for me to not be losing weight, it's all on me and it's not that hard and I need to stop my little pity party and get on the stick so I can report something I can REALLY be proud of ... that I've lost a pants size.*~*~*~*"You can deprive the body, but the soul needs chocolate" -Sapphyre*~*~*~*What Have You Done Today To Make You Feel Proud? - The Biggest Loser*~*~*~*"Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine".-Buddha*~*~*~*"Giving Up Is NOT An Option." - Sapphyre*~*~*~*"Whoever Said 'Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels' Obviously Never Had A Jalapeno Double Cheeseburger ..." - Sapphyre*~*~*~*"Don't Dig Your Grave With Your Own Knife and Fork." - English Proverb*~*~*~*"Don't borrow someone else's spectacles to view yourself with."-Simon Travaglia*~*~*~*"Sometimes These Little Setbacks Are Just What We Need To Take A Giant Step Forward ..." Knight/Real Genius*~*~*~*"IfI look down the road and see how far I have to go, I may getdiscouraged. If I overthink every aspect of what I need to do tosucceed I may give up. If I focus on just today and make it as perfectas I can, I will succeed." -Sapphyre ------------------------------------

Guest guest

It's all a question of making up my mind to do it. Once I get in that mindset that'll be it.

*~*~*~*"You can deprive the body, but the soul needs chocolate" -Sapphyre*~*~*~*What Have You Done Today To Make You Feel Proud? - The Biggest Loser*~*~*~*"Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine".-Buddha*~*~*~*"Giving Up Is NOT An Option." - Sapphyre*~*~*~*"Whoever Said 'Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels' Obviously Never Had A Jalapeno Double Cheeseburger ..." - Sapphyre*~*~*~*"Don't Dig Your Grave With Your Own Knife and Fork." - English

Proverb*~*~*~*"Don't borrow someone else's spectacles to view yourself with."-Simon Travaglia*~*~*~*"Sometimes These Little Setbacks Are Just What We Need To Take A Giant Step Forward ..." Knight/Real Genius*~*~*~*

"If I look down the road and see how far I have to go, I may get discouraged. If I overthink every aspect of what I need to do to succeed I may give up. If I focus on just today and make it as perfect as I can, I will succeed." -Sapphyre

From: lavenderannn <lavenderannn@...>100-plus Sent: Fri, April 23, 2010 2:54:22 PMSubject: Re: Doing Better

I can’t wait to share your successes... .cause they are coming!

Ann

Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 2:25 PM

100Plus List

Subject: Doing Better

Well things are going well, was down 1.2 pounds from the last disasterous weigh-in. Now to keep up the momentum and get the rest off, although a lot of the gain is bloat I know because I've had cramps today from hell so soon enough that too, will be history and I'll probably see a better loss than before. I'm sure going to work for it. I'm back into the mentality of there is no reason for me to not be losing weight, it's all on me and it's not that hard and I need to stop my little pity party and get on the stick so I can report something I can REALLY be proud of ... that I've lost a pants size.*~*~*~*"You can deprive the body, but the soul needs chocolate" -Sapphyre*~*~*~*What Have You Done Today To Make You Feel Proud? - The Biggest Loser*~*~*~*"Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine".-Buddha*~*~*~*"Giving

Up Is NOT An Option." - Sapphyre*~*~*~*"Whoever Said 'Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels' Obviously Never Had A Jalapeno Double Cheeseburger ..." - Sapphyre*~*~*~*"Don't Dig Your Grave With Your Own Knife and Fork." - English Proverb*~*~*~*"Don't borrow someone else's spectacles to view yourself with."-Simon Travaglia*~*~*~*"Sometimes These Little Setbacks Are Just What We Need To Take A Giant Step Forward ..." Knight/Real Genius*~*~*~*"IfI look down the road and see how far I have to go, I may getdiscouraged. If I overthink every aspect of what I need to do tosucceed I may give up. If I focus on just today and make it as perfectas I can, I will succeed." -Sapphyre ------------ --------- --------- ------