RemedySpot.com

Re: Can by caused by hypothyroidism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That is SO interesting Lilian. I had all those tests because I had all those symptoms, and at the end of the day, I was diagnosed with suffering a duodenal ulcer. I was put on Tagamet (5 tablets a day for 5 weeks) which was designed to stop the area in the brain from releasing stomach acid in order that the ulcer might be given a chance to heal. It worked, and I have never looked back since, but I will never forget the suffering I experienced at that time. My weight dropped to 7 stone 8 lbs, I was bringing up undigested food 4 hours after having eaten, and I had awful pain in my upper ab domen most of the time. I wonder, reading this, if there was a connection with the cause of my hypothyroidism.

Luv - Sheila

Here is another condition which can be caused by hypothyroidism (amongst other things). Hopefully it is rare. I knew it could happen as a diabetic complication but it seems hypothyroidism can also be the cause.

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gastroparesis/#cause

Lilian

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.7/1234 - Release Date: 20/01/2008 14:15