RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Iodine - Roni

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Okay, Roni, for me .. point taken. .. And I guess I will just come right out and ask. (I haven't kept up on these boards over the holidays, so hopefully this hasn't been addressed already ..?) Considering the current situation, so few iodine doc's (AND so few doc's that are educated in any way, shape or form about iodine) and so many people truly needing the iodine therapy what would you suggest they do? Realistically? I know that this has already (basically) been questioned, but I guess I didn't understand .. if you answered this. If someone is not able to find a dr. that will "prescribe" the iodine for them .. would you then tell them not to attempt to try it? Just trying to understand what you are trying to say. Thanks, Glo Roni Molin

<matchermaam@...> wrote: Well, yes. I wouldn't check with gynocologist either. Ronimwm1glm <mwm1glm > wrote: I found this amusing. If you plan on checking with your regular doctor about iodine, I'd advise you to be seriously well read on the subject and be ready to be told how ignorant you are for even asking about iodine. Darlin' it would be a waste of your time and

your breath to ask a doctor who's not an iodine literate doctor about it. Talking to an iodine literate doctor is highly recommend IMO.Linn> Check with their doctors???? Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

,First I would try to get tested and find out if I have Hashi's or not. Also I would test for adrenal insufficiency and iodine insufficiency. If I determined that I did not have Hashi's and had no past history with the iodine like mine, and I was convinced of my iodine insufficiency, I would try a drop a day for a week, then 2 drops for the next week, then4 drops for the next week, till I was up to full dose. I would also get the adrenal support that was indicated. I have no problem in helping myself, but with information and with caution. Yes, it might take a bit longer that way, but it could also save me from a horrible reaction. If I was old enough to have found this group, and had been having negative symptoms for a long time, I would not feel that proceeding with caution, but proceeding, would do me more harm than to just jump

right in and take full doses of these things right away. As for Hashi's and my background, I am not willing to take the iodine. I have started using salt with iodine, which I did not do before, so I'll see how I feel with just that and the supplement that I have been taking all along. For someone without my background with Hashi's, I would proceed the same way, to make sure I did not go hyper and end up with a goiter, like my mother. RoniGlory <glonear@...> wrote: Okay, Roni, for me .. point taken. .. And I guess I will just come right out and ask. (I haven't kept up on these boards over the holidays, so hopefully this hasn't been addressed already ..?) Considering the current situation, so few iodine doc's (AND so few doc's that are educated in any way, shape or form about iodine) and so many people truly needing the iodine therapy what would you suggest they do? Realistically? I know that this has already (basically) been questioned, but I guess I didn't understand .. if you answered this. If someone is not able to find a dr. that will "prescribe" the iodine for them .. would you then tell them not to attempt to try it? Just trying to understand what you are trying to say. Thanks, Glo Roni Molin <matchermaam > wrote: Well, yes. I wouldn't check with gynocologist either. Ronimwm1glm <mwm1glm > wrote: I found this amusing. If you plan on checking with your regular doctor about iodine, I'd advise you to be seriously well read on the subject and be ready to be told how ignorant you are for even asking about iodine. Darlin' it would be a waste of your time and your breath to ask a doctor who's not an iodine literate doctor about it. Talking to an iodine literate doctor is highly recommend IMO.Linn> Check with their doctors???? Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Just an FYI the salt you are taking is the worst thing you can put in your body if it is regular Morton's type salt with iodine. It has been cleaned with a brine of chloride which is a halide that inhibits thyroid function. You cannot get enough iodine from salt. It is impossible. Your entire body needs it.

Please spend some time in the files on the group along with www.iodine4health.com and if you can afford it buy Dr. Brownstein's book on Iodine why you need it why you cannot live without it. www.drbrownstein.com It is not a given that you cannot take iodine with Hashi's there are many here who do - my husband included. He takes 50 mgs. You need to get educated on what iodine is and why you need it. I tell everyone who doesn't take it seriously that they are playing with fire. I understand your concerns but you need to dig deeper.

Re: Re: Iodine - Roni

,First I would try to get tested and find out if I have Hashi's or not. Also I would test

for adrenal insufficiency and iodine insufficiency.

If I determined that I did not have Hashi's and had no past history with the iodine

like mine, and I was convinced of my iodine insufficiency, I would try a drop a day for a week, then 2 drops for the next week, then4 drops for the next week, till I was up to full dose.

I would also get the adrenal support that was indicated. I have no problem in helping myself,

but with information and with caution. Yes, it might take a bit longer that way, but it could

also save me from a horrible reaction. If I was old enough to have found this group, and

had been having negative symptoms for a long time, I would not feel that proceeding with

caution, but proceeding, would do me more harm than to just jump right in and take full doses of these things right away.

As for Hashi's and my background, I am not willing to take the iodine. I have started using

salt with iodine, which I did not do before, so I'll see how I feel with just that and the supplement that I have been taking all along. For someone without my background with

Hashi's, I would proceed the same way, to make sure I did not go hyper and end up with

a goiter, like my mother.

RoniGlory <glonear@...> wrote:

Okay, Roni, for me .. point taken.

... And I guess I will just come right out and ask. (I haven't kept up on these boards over the holidays, so hopefully this hasn't been addressed already ..?)

Considering the current situation, so few iodine doc's (AND so few doc's that are educated in any way, shape or form about iodine) and so many people truly needing the iodine therapy what would you suggest they do? Realistically? I know that this has already (basically) been questioned, but I guess I didn't understand .. if you answered this.

If someone is not able to find a dr. that will "prescribe" the iodine for them .. would you then tell them not to attempt to try it? Just trying to understand what you are trying to say.

Thanks,

Glo

Roni Molin <matchermaam > wrote:

Well, yes. I wouldn't check with gynocologist either.

Ronimwm1glm <mwm1glm > wrote:

I found this amusing. If you plan on checking with your regular doctor about iodine, I'd advise you to be seriously well read on the subject and be ready to be told how ignorant you are for even asking about iodine. Darlin' it would be a waste of your time and your breath to ask a doctor who's not an iodine literate doctor about it. Talking to an iodine literate doctor is highly recommend IMO.Linn> Check with their doctors????

,First I would try to get tested and find out if I have Hashi's or not. I definitely am Hashi's. Since I have been on my iodine and supplement protocol, my antibody levels have been coming down, down, down. Also I would test for adrenal insufficiency and iodine insufficiency. Yes, Dr. Brownstein does this as a rule .. I believe. I think that many people here and on the thyroid and adrenal boards (that had to give up on finding the right doctor) have taken getting these tests upon themselves. So, I do believe that a lot of people know what their levels are. If I determined that I did not have Hashi's and had no past history with the iodine like mine, Do you mind me asking what your history with iodine is? Yes, it might take a bit longer that way, but it could also save me from a horrible reaction. If I was old enough to have found this group, and had been having negative symptoms for a long time, I would not feel that proceeding with caution, but proceeding, would do me more harm than to just jump right in and take full doses of these things right away. I can see no problem in proceeding

like this. Everyone has to do what they feel is right for themselves. Because individuals (myself included) have been exuberant in touting their improvements with their iodine dosages of 50mgs and above, definitely does not mean that it is being advocated for everyone. (IMO) As for Hashi's and my background, I am not willing to take the iodine. I have started using salt with iodine, which I did not do before, so I'll see how I feel with just that and the supplement that I have been taking all along. For someone without my background with Hashi's, I would proceed the same way, to make sure I did not go hyper and end up with a goiter, like my mother. Have you read the files/links section of this board? Have you read any of the iodine doctors books? I am confused .. only because we have an area .. Michigan, Ohio, Indiana (I know that there are more states that should be included in there ..) that is considered very highly iodine deficient. ..And that area of states is called the "goiter belt". That is because of iodine deficiency. By the way, I had a small goiter when I began on my iodine and supplement protocol. Dr. B did a scan to find out exactly the size, etc. That goiter appears to be gone now. You have to do what you feel is right for you .. I know that. Just make sure you educate yourself correctly. Do not take what your doc may be telling you as gospel. If you read the many recent posts on Celtic Sea Salt, within those posts you will find links that will take you to reports and papers

that will tell you just how bad regular table salt is for you. I would really ... really rethink using the salt with iodine. (I am just assuming that you are talking about what is called regular table salt .. ?) Best to you on your quest for health. Glo Roni Molin <matchermaam@...> wrote: ,First I would try to get tested and find out if I have Hashi's or not. Also I would test for adrenal insufficiency and iodine insufficiency. If I determined that I did not have Hashi's and had no past history with the iodine like mine, and I was convinced of my iodine insufficiency, I would try a drop a day for a week, then 2 drops for the next week, then4 drops for the next week, till I was up to full dose. I would also get the adrenal support that was indicated. I have no problem in helping myself, but with information and with caution. Yes, it might take a bit longer that way, but it could also save me from a horrible reaction. If I was old enough to have found this group, and had

been having negative symptoms for a long time, I would not feel that proceeding with caution, but proceeding, would do me more harm than to just jump right in and take full doses of these things right away. As for Hashi's and my background, I am not willing to take the iodine. I have started using salt with iodine, which I did not do before, so I'll see how I feel with just that and the supplement that I have been taking all along. For someone without my background with Hashi's, I would proceed the same way, to make sure I did not go hyper and end up with a goiter, like my mother. RoniGlory <glonear > wrote: Okay, Roni, for me .. point taken. .. And I guess I will just come

right out and ask. (I haven't kept up on these boards over the holidays, so hopefully this hasn't been addressed already ..?) Considering the current situation, so few iodine doc's (AND so few doc's that are educated in any way, shape or form about iodine) and so many people truly needing the iodine therapy what would you suggest they do? Realistically? I know that this has already (basically) been questioned, but I guess I didn't understand .. if you answered this. If someone is not able to find a dr. that will "prescribe" the iodine for them .. would you then tell them not to attempt to try it? Just trying to understand what you are trying to say. Thanks, Glo Roni Molin <matchermaam > wrote: Well, yes. I wouldn't check with gynocologist either. Ronimwm1glm <mwm1glm > wrote: I found this amusing. If you plan on checking with your regular doctor about iodine, I'd advise you to be seriously well read on the subject and be ready to be told how ignorant you are for even asking about iodine. Darlin' it would be a waste of your time and your breath to ask a doctor who's not an iodine literate doctor about it. Talking to an iodine literate doctor is highly recommend IMO.Linn> Check with their doctors???? Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.