RemedySpot.com

Re: iodine literate practitioners

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I maintain a small private list of Iodine-savvy docs that I have assembled in the last three years from the comments of Iodoral customers.

I show a Dr. Hotze in Houston. 877-577-1900, www.hotzehwc.com. He's the only one I have in Texas. He was recommended by two of my customers.

Dr Flechas also maintains a list. www.helpmythyroid.com/iodine.htm.

Finding the right doc is so important. One time a woman told me that after her doctor said there was "nothing more he could do", she said that maybe it was time for her to take matters into her own hands and try some alternatives. She quoted him as replying, "Using alternatives is immoral." I said, "WHAT!!?" She said, "That's what I said, too. Then I asked him how he DARED to tell me it was immoral to try to save my own life, and told him he was fired."

Another favorite doctor story is the one we've all heard several times, I'm sure. The doc says he can't find anything wrong so our continued fatigue and pain must be psychological and suggests either gently or bluntly that we need a shrink. Oh, yeah, doc, that's what I need, some nice shut-up pills!!

The other haven of the incompetent or poorly trained is to want to chop out the offending part, so that the body can no longer give the distress call. Real smart. <eyeroll>

I feel it is vital to educate ourselves so that at the very least we can partner and teach a doctor, if s/he is teachable. Glad for this list!!

Happy, Healthy New Year to all!!

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

We have a database of recommended iodine practitioners on our website:

iodine/database?method=reportRows & tbl=10

There are a couple listed in TX.

If anyone has people they would like to add, please do.

Zoe

Re: Iodine ~ Dr Brownstein

The closest I know of someone to you is in California - maybe AZ. It's hard because there aren't many that are well trained yet. That was why we did the iodine conference this past year.

That's a far cry from TX. I'll keep reading and looking.

Thanks Zoe. I still have not had time to fully go through all the files. :)

Steph

Re: Iodine ~ Dr Brownstein

The closest I know of someone to you is in California - maybe AZ. It's hard because there aren't many that are well trained yet. That was why we did the iodine conference this past year.

That's a far cry from TX. I'll keep reading and looking.

I work with a young woman 25 yo at the group home--MR, nonverbal, in a wheel chair. She has every symptom of iodine deficiency and congenital hypothyroidism, she also has no periods or pubic hair.

What is her medical treatment? Ativan 3X a day.

another man there with congenital hypo is basically being murdered by the doc. there are 8 residents there and each one is getting appalling disease maintenance that tax payers pay for.

Gracia

I maintain a small private list of Iodine-savvy docs that I have assembled in the last three years from the comments of Iodoral customers.

I show a Dr. Hotze in Houston. 877-577-1900, www.hotzehwc.com. He's the only one I have in Texas. He was recommended by two of my customers.

Dr Flechas also maintains a list. www.helpmythyroid.com/iodine.htm.

Finding the right doc is so important. One time a woman told me that after her doctor said there was "nothing more he could do", she said that maybe it was time for her to take matters into her own hands and try some alternatives. She quoted him as replying, "Using alternatives is immoral." I said, "WHAT!!?" She said, "That's what I said, too. Then I asked him how he DARED to tell me it was immoral to try to save my own life, and told him he was fired."

Another favorite doctor story is the one we've all heard several times, I'm sure. The doc says he can't find anything wrong so our continued fatigue and pain must be psychological and suggests either gently or bluntly that we need a shrink. Oh, yeah, doc, that's what I need, some nice shut-up pills!!

The other haven of the incompetent or poorly trained is to want to chop out the offending part, so that the body can no longer give the distress call. Real smart. <eyeroll>

I feel it is vital to educate ourselves so that at the very least we can partner and teach a doctor, if s/he is teachable. Glad for this list!!

Happy, Healthy New Year to all!!

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.