RemedySpot.com

Re: Piles

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Ferbs

Welcome to our Forum and I hope you get all the help and support you need here.

First, I should tell you that as you have chosen to hide your email address, you will not be able to receive messages from me or from anybody else. Please can you reregister as we do not, for security reasons, allow people to hide their email address on this forum. It will only take you a minute. Your Email address will be hidden from the group members anyway, so you will not be inundated with messages from the members of this forum.

You certainly appear to not to be on the correct thyroid hormone dosage, because if you were, such symptoms would disappear. Have you the results of your last thyroid function tests, and if so, please post them here together with the reference range for each test they have done. What dosage of thyroxine are you taking and when was it last increased.

Hypothyroidism causes constipation, - constipation causes piles, a very vicious circle.

Go to our website www.tpa-uk.or.guk and read the information about hypothyroidism and all that goes along with it. Also look at the symptoms list of un/under-treated hypothyroidism and check off how many you suffer. You may have other problems that is stopping your thyroxine working properly, but we can go through these one at a time. First, we do need your blood results. Take your basal temperature too before you get out of bed and let us know what it is (for 5 days). Normal is 98.4 degrees F. If yours is 97.8 (and it could be much less) you are not on the right dose of thyroxine.

Luv - Sheila

> Hi! Im new to the group. Im 27yrs old and studying to be a teacher > whilst being an unqualified teacher! Ive had anemia all my life and had > Hypothyroidism for about 10 yrs. In a year a usually have a few months > that are peaceful and the rest, i get piles, headaches, constantly > tired, insomnia and feel very depressed and fat! I was wondering if > anyone sufferes very bad piles too? Is it normal? I dont want to be one > of these people that says 'oh its the thyroid again!' when its not - > but im beginning to wonder if the thyroid has more control over things > then im giving it credit for! > > Thanks > > Ferbs>

Hi Frebs,

I can empathise with you piles problems, I has great success with

injections after being referred to my local hospital. I'm now waiting for a

second bout. I feel that it is connected to the weight gain that

inadequately medicated hypos suffer. Your other symptoms are typical hypo.

Anaemia certainly can make thyroid problem worse especially low ferritin

levels. Some folk need a small increase in meds in winter- could this be

your problem?

, i get piles, headaches, constantly

tired, insomnia and feel very depressed and fat! I was wondering if

anyone sufferes very bad piles too? Is it normal?

Thanks

Ferbs

Messages are not a substitute for professional medical advice. Always

consult with a suitably qualified practitioner before changing medication.

Hi Ferbs,

Regarding your piles problem, i would suggest it has something to do

with your diet. i got piles a few years ago and found i was eating too

much white flour-based products (white bread, pizza, pasta). Once I

improved my diet - eating more wholegrain foods - the piles went away.

I also found wearing looser underwear was helpful.

Good luck,