RemedySpot.com

Friend with Thyroid Cancer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have a 74 year old female friend who has been diagnosed with thyroid

cancer. She has a mainstream doctor and is awaiting an appointment to

discuss treatment.

Do any of you who have experiences with this have any suggestions for her?

Walt

That's what I want to hear! I have nodules that the endo from h*!! wants

to do a FNA on because they are growing. (I didn't tell ya'll about MY endo

appt which was the same day as my girl's appts. Different doc, same office.

It was AWFUL. How stupid of me to schedule 3 appts the same day!).

Anyway, I am concerned about the nodules growing and who knows if it's

cancer or not till I get the FNA. I do NOT want surgery or radiation. I will

not go back to the same endo., but eventually I will do the FNA just to find

out.

I now have my iodoral up to 50 mg and I will check the files and make

sure I am getting all the other supplements.

I am happy to hear a success story. Thanks!

B

God Bless America!

One nation under God

----- Original Message -----

>I know of a woman who was dx'd with three forms of thyroid cancer. Began

> working with Dr. Abraham - not patient form but getting advice on

> supplements. She took the thyroid supporting nutrients and 50 mgs of

> Iodoral and her last FNA was benign. She is doing well with no surgery or

> RAI. I would NEVER to a thyroidectomy and RAI again.

>

> Where is this woman located?

>

>

What is FNA?Waltiodine From: grammyDx2@...Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:51:36 -0500Subject: Re: Friend with Thyroid Cancer

Hi ,

If you don't want surgery or RAI, do you really want a FNA? If taking Iodoral will shrink your nodules, it will show on US, yes? If you have a FNA and it is positive or inconclusive, your mainstream docs will be talking TT, RAI, for sure.

I got tyhyca treatment by the doc saying "We think it's cancer" and I asked if he could check it with a needle? It was indeed cancer and I was resistant to treatment but did take RAI after the endo told me it could spread to my bones next. This was in 1982 before CTs USs, needle aspirations. In your shoes, I'd try to shrink it with Iodoral and Armour if you need that. Just my .02.

42 year thyca survivor

>>> Anyway, I am concerned about the nodules growing and who knows if it's cancer or not till I get the FNA. I do NOT want surgery or radiation. I will not go back to the same endo., but eventually I will do the FNA just to find out.

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!

Fine needle aspiration (biopsy)

Re: Friend with Thyroid Cancer

Hi ,

If you don't want surgery or RAI, do you really want a FNA? If taking Iodoral will shrink your nodules, it will show on US, yes? If you have a FNA and it is positive or inconclusive, your mainstream docs will be talking TT, RAI, for sure.

I got tyhyca treatment by the doc saying "We think it's cancer" and I asked if he could check it with a needle? It was indeed cancer and I was resistant to treatment but did take RAI after the endo told me it could spread to my bones next. This was in 1982 before CTs USs, needle aspirations. In your shoes, I'd try to shrink it with Iodoral and Armour if you need that. Just my .02.

42 year thyca survivor

>>> Anyway, I am concerned about the nodules growing and who knows if it's cancer or not till I get the FNA. I do NOT want surgery or radiation. I will not go back to the same endo., but eventually I will do the FNA just to find out.

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!

I agree. I wouldn't do the testing again. It got me stuck in the "trap".

Steph

Re: Friend with Thyroid Cancer

Hi ,

42 year thyca survivor