RemedySpot.com

Re: Somatoform Disorder

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That is brilliant Sheila, I want to know if I had Somatoform Disorder for all of those years that I felt under par but just thought it was me, the years that I had a TSH of well over 5 but under 10 and only when my TSH went over 10 was I hypothyroid because I definitely do find his statements, any of them on hypothyroidism, to be irresponsible, inaccurate and insulting. We are all intelligent and sensible people, how dare he say what he does.

Luv nne

The hypothyroid patient community finds your statement irresponsible, inaccurate and insulting.

No matter how he responded Gill, I am sure that 99% of the population will soon be able to think as we on the group do, that he talks from a place that he spends a lot of time sitting on!!!

Luv nne

Interestingly though nne, it wouldnt have been considered a somatoform disorder in say, US, Germany etc but would be considered hypothyroidism - how does weetman respond to that? Im sure he will come up with some other drivvle, possibly that its completely different populations (how so I would like to know when all white americans have ancestry in other countries - such as the UK where the TSH range is higher!!).

Gill

Well said Sheila - how does anyone respect this man who, when he doesnt have the evidence, becomes psychic and sees the evidence of research which hasnt been done! Amazing!!

Gill,_._,___

Most frightening though nne is that he speaks from such a high place.....

http://www.shef.ac.uk/medicine/staff/weetman.html

I understand also that he is on the editorial staff of every medical journal, so is in a position to decide what research should be published and what should not. He is also head of medical schools - and this is where the teaching of hypothyroidism is so appalling. Burne did us proud last Tuesday, we just have to keep up the pressure now and make changes happen. Weetman thinks he is god - he isn't.

Luv - Sheila

No matter how he responded Gill, I am sure that 99% of the population will soon be able to think as we on the group do, that he talks from a place that he spends a lot of time sitting on!!!Luv nneInterestingly though nne, it wouldnt have been considered a somatoform disorder in say, US, Germany etc but would be considered hypothyroidism - how does weetman respond to that? Im sure he will come up with some other drivvle, possibly that its completely different populations (how so I would like to know when all white americans have ancestry in other countries - such as the UK where the TSH range is higher!!).Gill No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1219 - Release Date: 11/01/2008 10:19

....and Dr Thierry Hertoghe giving 'expert' evidence to show how much the Prof has got it so very badly wrong.

Luv - Sheila

Oh I do hope so - wouldnt it be nice to see him sitting in the chair that Dr Skinner so recently evacuated!!

MARKETPLACE

Earn your degree in as few as 2 years - Advance your career with an AS, BS, MS degree - College-Finder.net.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1221 - Release Date: 12/01/2008 14:04

Of course he might think he can - as a result of a somatoform disorder!!

Re: Somatoform Disorder

>>>Weetman thinks he is god <<<

Ah, that explains how he can see into the future ;)

Lilian

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.6/1192 - Release Date: 21/12/07 13:17

of course it might just be the God complex that many doctors sufffer from!!

Maybe you have hit the nail on the head there Gill. He might be suffering from something like the narcissistic condition (cannot remember its name).

I think Sheila had a list of symptoms of that disorder. I wonder if many of them fit ;)

Lilian

Of course he might think he can - as a result of a somatoform disorder!!

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.6/1192 - Release Date: 21/12/07 13:17