RemedySpot.com

Re: re photo's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello , Ive had a look at your photos. I dont think anyone could say you are hypothyroid from just your pictures, but I do have to say you look poorly to me in the last one, compared with the others. I know how frustrated you feel though, because when i saw my GP and the rheumatologist they used to say I looked well - when I knew that my face wasnt mine any more - it was puffy and my eyes were dull and just because Id put on some make up they think you must be well - Ive always put make up on and if I stopped doing that it really would mean I was at death's door! I guess they dont see us as people and therefore dont compare what you looked like before!

You will get sorted, stick around kid!

Gill

When a friend of mine saw Dr.Skinner he implied that a paler skin was a sign of hypothyroidism. My friend kept seeing him wearing make up and he complained that he couldn't see her colouring under it (in his humorous way).

I read somewhere instructions to doctors when assessing whether a patient could be depressed. No make up was one of them. So maybe that is what they meant by you looking well - you do not look depressed and of course that is what they were hoping to diagnose you with.

Mind you in my experience I am sure doctors do not look at their patients to see any signs or anything anymore. So many blood tests that can be done now it is much easier (and safer for the doctors career) to rely on those.

Lilian

because Id put on some make up they think you must be well - Ive always put make up on and if I stopped doing that it really would mean I was at death's door! I guess they dont see us as people and therefore dont compare what you looked like before!

I took my picture along to the GP. My face in the pic was grossly

swollen, my neck was massive and whilst the doc agreed that I didn't

look well in the photo he was at a loss to explain why. It makes no

odds what we do to alert these doctors to our illness they will

ignore it, probably because they know they can't/aren't allowed to

make us well if our labs are in range.

Incidentally, I'm still stunned when I look at my 'before treatment'

photo! I can't believe that was me! By the way, I never wear

makeup, no wonder the GP was so happy to prescribe antidepressants,

lol.

Luv Bella

>

> When a friend of mine saw Dr.Skinner he implied that a paler skin

was a sign of hypothyroidism.

>

> Mind you in my experience I am sure doctors do not look at their

patients to see any signs or anything anymore. So many blood

tests that can be done now it is much easier (and safer for the

doctors career) to rely on those.

>

> Lilian

>

>

> because Id put on some make up they think you must be well -

Ive always put make up on and if I stopped doing that it really

would mean I was at death's door! I guess they dont see us as

people and therefore dont compare what you looked like before!

>

HI - I meant to respond to your earlier email but I have been inundated with requests for more information about hypothyroidism from the article. Seems people are going to the website and contacting me from there. It's quite a horror story out there and I cannot believe what the NHS are putting sufferers through. I was at the computer for 12 hours yesterday answering loads of messages and I have woken to lots more this morning - so I didn't really have time. However, you most definitely have a typical hypothyroid look. Puffy face, puffy eyes etc. Make an appointment with your GP and take these photo's to show him what you looked like. How your GP can say you look well I don't know. If I met you out in the street, I would know immediately that you are hypothyroid.

Luv - Sheila

I posted some photos earlier today. I know there are so knowledgable people on here.By looking at my photos would you say I am hypothyroid in looks, my gp thinks I look well??????????

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release Date: 06/01/2008 11:57

HI Bella

Post your pictures on the forum, I would love to see them.

Luv - Sheila

I took my picture along to the GP. My face in the pic was grossly swollen, my neck was massive and whilst the doc agreed that I didn't look well in the photo he was at a loss to explain why. It makes no odds what we do to alert these doctors to our illness they will ignore it, probably because they know they can't/aren't allowed to make us well if our labs are in range.Incidentally, I'm still stunned when I look at my 'before treatment' photo! I can't believe that was me! By the way, I never wear makeup, no wonder the GP was so happy to prescribe antidepressants, lol.Luv Bella>> When a friend of mine saw Dr.Skinner he implied that a paler skin was a sign of hypothyroidism. > > Mind you in my experience I am sure doctors do not look at their patients to see any signs or anything anymore. So many blood tests that can be done now it is much easier (and safer for the doctors career) to rely on those.> > Lilian> > > because Id put on some make up they think you must be well - Ive always put make up on and if I stopped doing that it really would mean I was at death's door! I guess they dont see us as people and therefore dont compare what you looked like before!>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release Date: 06/01/2008 11:57

I went with a friend who had an appointment with Dr.Skinner. Afterwards he said that when he saw us in the waiting room he thought it was me who was coming to see him. I looked more hypo than my friend. I told him that I did, in fact, have hypothyroidism and taking thyroxine, and he told me "not enough". I told him that I couldn't up my dose just like that and he said in so many words "that is the trouble with being hypothyroid, patients are so compliant".

It turned out that he was 100% spot on. It proved subsequently that I was indeed inadequately medicated.

Lilian

However, you most definitely have a typical hypothyroid look.