RemedySpot.com

Dr Peatfield

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

Couldn't have gone better! Lovely kind manner and actually listened to

what I had to say. I got well surprisingly quickly!

Dr Peatfield

I'm going to see Dr P soon and was wondering how anyone else got on by

seeing him.

thanks

Messages are not a substitute for professional medical advice. Always

consult with a suitably qualified practitioner before changing medication.

• 2 months later...

Hi Sheila, thanks for reply, if I get a diagnoses from Dr Peatfield, is it usual that a NHS GP will accept it so I can get treatment in the NHS? Am I right in thinking that Dr Peatfield isn't a registered GP anymore? My GP won't accept anything that isn't NHS related, presumably believing the NHS know everything ha ha, he won't even look at information off internet written by Doctors. I don't want to be in the position where GP dismisses everything Dr Peatfield says, I would like some kind of 'team work' although maybe that's asking too much where my GP is concerned. I know I should be going back to GP after lab didn't do T3 and T4 tests as he requested and asking him to sort it out but the idea fills me with dread as all he keeps saying is to wait for hospital appointment because he has no idea what to do with me basically, he's admitted he's at a total loss and even worse is he says he gets lots of patients like me that come to see him with a list of symptoms and blood tests don't show anything, which is very worrying. I want to complain but because he's referred me I can't because he can't be classed as negligent and lab will get the blame for messed up blood tests even though doctor should of chased that up without me having to go and point out to him they weren't done. I want to change to another surgery but then it might be even worse and probably wouldn't be taken back. Sorry to moan, feel like no one on my side, my husband is fed up with me, my mum thinks I'm a hypochondriac, my dad thinks I'm just lazy and my mother-in-law thinks I'm nuts. It might sound sad but sometimes I think my only friends in the world are my cats and my guinea piggies. Ruth.

thyroid treatment From: sheilaturner@...Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 08:29:43 +0000Subject: Re: Dr Peatfield

Hi ruth

Yes - Dr Peatfield does do telephone consultations. The best thing to do is to print out his Questionnaire, complete it and send it off to him as soon as possible . Go to our Website www.tpa-uk.org.uk and click on Dr Peatfield's clionic update in the right hand column and then click on the Questionnaire. At the same time, ask him for a telephone consultation. That will give him all the background information he needs about your medical history. If you have the results of any blood tests, send them with the questionnaire too so he has a full picture before you speak with him. He keeps Wednesday free so he can talk on the phone as his days are very full.

luv - Sheila

Hello everyone, can anyone tell if Dr Peatfield will do telephone consultations, for initial consultations. I see on his clinic relocation info he has 'happy telephone days' on wednesdays? I live in Leicester so it's quite a long way to go to see him. Ruth.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.19/1256 - Release Date: 02/02/2008 13:50

She said what? About who? Shameful celebrity quotes on Search Star!

Hi , nice to meet a fellow piggie fan :-) I have two girls (Charley and Gypsy) coz got two sons (2 and 5) and hubby so felt the need to even things up a bit, I was fed up of being the only girl. lol :-) I had piggies as a child but was traumatised when they 'passed over' and didn't have any for years, still get tears in my eyes when I think of them, thank you for your kind words, Ruth xxx

thyroid treatment From: jennystenning@...Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 17:55:06 +0000Subject: RE: Dr Peatfield

Hi,

The guinea piggies will always welcome you! Mine do! And so will we at this group.

.. It might sound sad but sometimes I think my only friends in the world are my cats and my guinea piggies. Ruth.

Messenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi Shelia

I am in need of a little help

I went to a chirpractor yesterday, usually helps with my neck

problems. She was telling me I needed to stand upright. I was saying

its too painful and making me dizzy. End result I collapsed in her

room.

She did do the treatment but!

This morning I am still so bad, tired, headache, neck and shoulder

pain. My pulse has been high 97 some days and I am getting nowhere,

so today I have not taken any T3 result I still feel as bad but my

hands are painfully cold again.

I keep going up and down on cortef as it seems to make no difference

and I am just not sure what to do. This can not be good for me.

I am just at my wits end, I was looking at Dr Peatfields clinics but

there are non in the near future I can get to. Do you know if I

could have a consultation by phone, and how much this would be?

Any help appreciated.

Caroline

Guest guest

Hi Caroline

I am really sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time of things right now. I would call Dr Peatfield because he does do phone consultations. I honestly cannot remember the price, but he will tell you this, or, if somebody else is aware of the charges for phone consultations please let Caroline know.

When I was bad with pain in my lower back especially, I also used to go to a Chiropractor, and to be honest, every visit I went I came out feeling so much worse than when I went in. I ended up with legs like jelly and feeling extremely weak, almost unable to hold myself up. He told me I was the only one who had mentioned this, but I think when it lack of thyroid hormone that is causing you these pains, going to a chiropractor simply doesn't help.

Luv - Sheila

Hi SheliaI am in need of a little helpI went to a chirpractor yesterday, usually helps with my neck problems. She was telling me I needed to stand upright. I was saying its too painful and making me dizzy. End result I collapsed in her room.She did do the treatment but!This morning I am still so bad, tired, headache, neck and shoulder pain. My pulse has been high 97 some days and I am getting nowhere, so today I have not taken any T3 result I still feel as bad but my hands are painfully cold again.I keep going up and down on cortef as it seems to make no difference and I am just not sure what to do. This can not be good for me.I am just at my wits end, I was looking at Dr Peatfields clinics but there are non in the near future I can get to. Do you know if I could have a consultation by phone, and how much this would be?Any help appreciated.Caroline

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1332 - Release Date: 17/03/2008 10:48

Guest guest

Hi Shelia I have emailed Dr Peatfield to see if he will do me a telephone consultation. Will let you know when I hear. Luv Carolinesheilaturner <sheilaturner@...> wrote: Hi Caroline I am really sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time of things right now. I would call Dr Peatfield because he does do phone

consultations. I honestly cannot remember the price, but he will tell you this, or, if somebody else is aware of the charges for phone consultations please let Caroline know. .

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.