RemedySpot.com

Anyone know

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Adam here, I have similar trouble as, I have high cholesterol but, this does not necessarily mean that such applies to you so, all that I can offer is that you try to rest as much as possible..

Adam

"Someday, the children of the new sun will meet the children of the old. I think they will be our friends. "

Hello With me, the ankle swelling was pulmonary edema due to the Congestive Heart Failure as the heart wasn't able to pump the blood out of the lower extremities fast enough, another symptom of edema that I had was the drowning sensation whenever I laid down which was why I couldn't sleep.   The inability to breathe while lying down was due to the heart not being able to pump the blood out of the lungs fast enough.   If your ankles are swelling, do mention it to a Doctor because the edema can be a symptom of something quite serious; meanwhile elevate your feet, elevate your head so that gravity helps in getting blood out of the lower extremities and out of the lungs.You can see some photos of edema at http://www.chfpatients.com/faq/edema.htmIf your feet and ankles look anything like those in the photos, go to the ER.The thumb shaped dimple in the ankle is where they pressed down with a thumb to see how quickly the flesh springs back, if it takes any time at all, it's not good.Regards,On Sep 29, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Granada Family wrote:If you walk too much or sit too much why ankles and feet can swell? is there a reason why they do that. I know I am overweight but I am hoping that I don't have to worry about that continuing if I try to work from home Granada

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Hi Lillian

Nurofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory otherwise known as

Brufen. If you ask at your locla chemist they will be able to advise

you. It is also available over the counter.

Hope this helps

Love Lizzie>

> Does anyone know where I can get some non steroid anti inflamatories.

>

> Lilian

>

Guest guest

Thanks Lizzie, it certainly does help.

Lilian

Nurofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory otherwise known asBrufen. If you ask at your locla chemist they will be able to adviseyou. It is also available over the counter.

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

In a message dated 6/7/2008 5:59:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, sandra.mygroup@... writes:

We eat way too many calories and over guess how truly active we really are.

This is what it always boils down to for me when I am losing slowly (I am sure) or have relapses and gain:

I am either not accurately "measuring" my portion sizes or I am over calculating my exercise points.

My WW leader always says, even if you aren't honest in your journaling, the scale will know.

Go try out the calculator and see how many calories you should be having. But remember to not overstate your activity level or else you wont be doing yourself any favors and you wont lose any weight.

It varies from every where you go, so I take it in relative stride:

About.com site quoted my BMR at 2771, so if I subtract 500 that gives me 2271 per day

MyPyramid.gov says for my gender/age, I should be in the 2000-2200 range

SparkPeople.com tells me I should be in the 1720-2070 range

Now. Does anyone know how many calories are for a point in the WW world? I want to see how this measures up LOL!! Seriously. 50, 60, 75 calories per point??

in WA310/249.2/170 (-60.8 total, 79.2 to go, 9.2 from half-way point) Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way.--Abraham LincolnGet trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/7/2008 5:25:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, sandra.mygroup@... writes:

I have a little program that calculates ww points from calories and fat

Thanks - I have all those tools, though. I know I am allowed 29 points a day, plus the 35 a week and supposed to be able to lose weight on that. I guess what I was wondering is how many calories are in those points we are allotted?

For example, if it's 50 calories:

29 (pts per day) x 7 (days per week) + 35 flex points x 50 calories % (divide, LOL) by 7 = 1700 a day/average for the week, using the flex points too..... so I was trying to figure out how it would relate to the ranges of calories those other sites say I "should" have to lose weight <wink>

Thanks for the offer though-

in WA310/249.2/170 (-60.8 total, 79.2 to go, 9.2 from half-way point) Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way.--Abraham LincolnGet trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

Guest guest

I have a little program that calculates ww points from calories and fat.It is called Weight Watchers Points calculator. It used to be a freeware program but cant be found much on net anymore. I can send it to you via email if you wish. I have never used weight watchers so I don't know how accurate it is but I have it if you want it.

Re: ANYONE KNOW

In a message dated 6/7/2008 5:59:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, sandra.mygroup@... writes:

We eat way too many calories and over guess how truly active we really are.

This is what it always boils down to for me when I am losing slowly (I am sure) or have relapses and gain:

I am either not accurately "measuring" my portion sizes or I am over calculating my exercise points.

My WW leader always says, even if you aren't honest in your journaling, the scale will know.

Go try out the calculator and see how many calories you should be having. But remember to not overstate your activity level or else you wont be doing yourself any favors and you wont lose any weight.

It varies from every where you go, so I take it in relative stride:

About.com site quoted my BMR at 2771, so if I subtract 500 that gives me 2271 per day MyPyramid.gov says for my gender/age, I should be in the 2000-2200 range SparkPeople.com tells me I should be in the 1720-2070 range

Now. Does anyone know how many calories are for a point in the WW world? I want to see how this measures up LOL!! Seriously. 50, 60, 75 calories per point??

in WA310/249.2/170 (-60.8 total, 79.2 to go, 9.2 from half-way point) Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way.--Abraham Lincoln

Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

Guest guest

Sorry this is the only thing i have. Like I said, I never did weight watchers so I really dont understand it. This just happened to be a program I found way back and never really used.

Re: ANYONE KNOW

In a message dated 6/7/2008 5:25:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, sandra.mygroup@... writes:

I have a little program that calculates ww points from calories and fat

Thanks - I have all those tools, though. I know I am allowed 29 points a day, plus the 35 a week and supposed to be able to lose weight on that. I guess what I was wondering is how many calories are in those points we are allotted?

For example, if it's 50 calories:

29 (pts per day) x 7 (days per week) + 35 flex points x 50 calories % (divide, LOL) by 7 = 1700 a day/average for the week, using the flex points too..... so I was trying to figure out how it would relate to the ranges of calories those other sites say I "should" have to lose weight <wink>

Thanks for the offer though-

in WA310/249.2/170 (-60.8 total, 79.2 to go, 9.2 from half-way point) Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way.--Abraham Lincoln

Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.