RemedySpot.com

What does this all mean? (Test results)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone After my previous post, I have contacted my GP to see if I could get access to my test results. Surprisingly they were ever so helpful (!!) and have given me the information over the phone. I just hope I've got all this information right!!The laboratory ranges are 10 - 23 for free T4 and for TSH it's 0.4 - 5.5.My last 4 test results are as follows:23/08/06 - T4 = 15; TSH = 0.702/02/07 - T4 = 16; TSH = 0.908/06/07 - T4 = 19; TSH = 0.0528/06/07 - T4 = 12; TSH = 0.7Now, I'm finding these confusing as they all appear to be within "normal" ranges with the exception of the TSH for the 08/06/07 tests. That was the test that threw up some questions on my treatment, and my GP lowered my thyroxine level from 150mg to 50mg overnight. But I felt so awful the endochrinologist I saw put me back up to 150 again.I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in 1995 and have been on 150 levothyroxine pretty much ever since.The GP had no free T3 or stored ferritin level tests.Any thoughts / comments / suggestions?Many thanks!Barbara