2 " square on the belly or the thigh. If it disappears before 24 hours,

your body has absorbed as it was needed. Repeat until iodine square

remains for 24 hours.

Yes, I have tried this as did a sister and a daughter. It took me 3

applications.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wish wrote on 11/6:

Well I took the iodine test. put about a one inch patch on my inner

elbow about 9:30pm... by midnight it was very very faded. went to sleep.

got up and three and it was completely gone. So it was supposed to last

24 hours and lasted less than six.

Has anyone else taken this test? Just wondered if it was true. It's

supposed to indicate an iodine deficiency? If so I wonder how that can

be.. I eat plenty of (iodized) salt. Maybe that's why I lost a lot of

weight when I was younger and tanning with baby oil and iodine ...lol..

(if only it was that easy :)

My mom did have a goiter when she was young maybe my family just needs

more... ??

Any opinions? I really think that my thyroid needs some kinda kick since

my body temp is sooo low and I have a very hard time losing weight (and

other symptoms).

• 5 years later...

Only the labs listed in the files section are doing the " loading test " .

Anything else is just basically a measurement of what iodine has been

ingested over the last 24 hours.

Steph

Iodine test

> Can a regular 24 hour iodine urine test be read the same as a loading

> test if one has been on iodine supplementation for several months?

> Thanks

> Kathy

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Ah, here we go...

Dobbins, DC. October 2007. " The Top 10 Prescription Drugs:

Alternative Strategies, " CD 1, Track 13.

Prolamine delivers 48% iodine and 52% iodide. I presume that is 1.44

mg iodine and 1.56 mg iodide per tablet.

I am not trying to be a Standard Process apologist. :-)

Perhaps the company was trying to keep their persecutors and

competitors a little bit in the dark. Who knows, but the anti-iodine

thinking was present at the time, wasn't it?

Mark

> >> >>

> >> >>

> >> >>

> >> >> Thanks for looking at the Renew Cleanse for me! It sounds

like I

> >> >> need suggestions for something else to detox.

> >> >>

> >> >> Fortunately, we are on well water and therefore do not have

the

> >> >> concerns of chlorine or fluoride in our water.

> >> >>

> >> >> That's good.

> >> >>

> >> >> My general dentist removed the fillings. There was nothing

> >> > special

> >> >> done in regards to vapor or a dental dam. Wish I had known

then

> >> >> what I know now! I do still have a mouth full of mercury

and am

> >> >> quite reluctant to have anymore removed at this time with

what I

> >> >> just went through. I do, however, plan on seeing someone

that

> >> >> specializes in the procedure to lesson further mercury

exposure

> > in

> >> >> the future.

> >> >>

> >> >> You want someone who removes the highest charged tooth first,

> > uses

> >> > a oxygen mask for you, filter in the room, dental dam, low

speed

> >> > drill and administers high doses of Vit C when complete. My

> > dentist

> >> > did my mouth in quadrants (which is also a good idea). He did

> > one a

> >> > week for 4 weeks until done. We went on the 7 day immune

cycle.

> >> > First removal was Monday then Tuesday the following week and

Wed

> > the

> >> > following and Thursday the following. I also had a root canal

> > tooth

> >> > pulled as this is a source of constant bacteria and a hit on

your

> >> > immune system. We did not do work on the 7th day or earlier

> > becuase

> >> > that lessens the hit to the immune system since it runs in 7

day

> >> > cycles. I also did lymphatic drainage massages ever other

week

> > with

> >> > Chiropractic adjustments weekly. I also took liver detox

shakes

> >> > (Metagenics Ultra Clear Plus) daily. It was quite an ordeal

but

> > 7

> >> > days into it I had my foggy brain clear. I lost 8 lbs of fat

and

> >> > gained 7 lbs of muscle in 4 weeks time with no workout. It

was

> > the

> >> > mercury draining my system. My dentist was trained by Dr. Hal

> >> > Huggins in the proper protocol. I was a lot better when it

was

> > over

> >> > but now am extremely sensitive to mercury so when I go to his

> > office

> >> > i must take selenium, chlorella and Vit C to combat my tongue

> > that

> >> > swells.

> >> >>

> >> >> Can you tell me what quantities of selenium,

> >> >> glutathione, sulfer and C I should take for effective

detox? Is

> >> >> there anything else I can do? How much of the DMSA, MSM,

would

> >> > you

> >> >> recommend?

> >> >>

> >> >> There is a lot of controversy about doing a chelation

protocol

> >> > when you stil have amalgams in your mouth. Selenium can be

> > taken in

> >> > 200-400 mcg / day. Glutathione is best in lipid form. I

can't

> >> > think of the brand I took. It was not good. Blah! I took

> > 4,000 -

> >> > 5,000 mgs Vit C. I take 6,00 mgs of MSM. DMSA is not

> > recommended

> >> > by the top chelation docs until you have removed the source of

> > the

> >> > toxin. the only thing you can do to stop the exposure is to

> > remove

> >> > them. They will continue to leak for the rest of your life

> > building

> >> > up in the tissues of your body. Heat causes them to release

> > vapor

> >> > as does friction. Have you seen the movie on the IAOMT

website?

> >> > http://www.iaomt.org/

> >> >>

> >> >>

> >> >>

> >> >> I am currently back up to 24mg a day of Prolamine Iodine. I

> > never

> >> >> went up to the recommended (by a nutritionist/friend) amount

of

> >> > 50mg

> >> >> a day out of fear of everything that I had been reading

> > regarding

> >> >> too much iodine. I worked up to 36mg a day, stayed there for

> >> > three

> >> >> months, and starting cutting back hoping that that had my

levels

> >> >> sufficient.

> >> >>

> >> >> If I were you with a mouth full of mercury I would keep the

> > level

> >> > of iodine high. I have no idea what Prolamine Iodine is???

> >> >>

> >> >>

> >> >> I have only slightly limited goitrogens because so many of

them

> >> > are

> >> >> so very nutritious. Also, I reasoned that I am taking the

extra

> >> >> iodine to help offset it.

> >> >>

> >> >> I am never concerned with food it is the halides I worry

about.

> >> >>

> >> >> What is the TPO Ab and Tg Ab test you mentioned? Does it

have

> > to

> >> > be

> >> >> ordered by a doctor? My friend/nutritionist can not order

any

> >> > tests

> >> >> and my endo is very difficult to get in to see, let alone

> >> > cooperate

> >> >> with me.

> >> >>

> >> >> TPO Ab is thyroid peroxidase antiboides and Tg Ab is

> > thyroglobulin

> >> > antibodies. They are antibody testing against the thyroid

> > hormone

> >> > creation process. This is how they diagnose hashimotos

> > (autoimmune

> >> > thyroiditis). Very common in iodine deficint people but can

> > cause

> >> > goiter, swings in levels, etc. It must be ordered by a doctor

> >> > unless you get it done through www.healthcheckusa.com

> >> >>

> >> >>

> >> >>

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

Sorry, thought I had posted this info previously. I have been treating several benign nodules with iodine for about 8 months. They are either decreasing in size or disappearing. Thyroid function, however, continues to decline. My endo now wants to test for autimmune stuff and also wants to put me on Synthroid. Before I start he wants me to cut back iodine to 12mg a day for a month and then do a 24 hour iodine urine test. He thinks the iodine might be causing my TSH levels to rise and that this regime will tell him if it is.

I am just having a hard time believing the iodine is doing this especially with as good as it had made me feel and the fact that the nodules are almost completely gone. He has scratched his head at the nodules going down, several times, but does not think it is because of the iodine. I have tried cutting back on iodine on several occasions but starting feeling poorly again within just a few short days.

Also, I take an adrenal support supplement, Drenamin by Standard Process, which I accidentally ran out of while out of town for the holidays. I crashed majorly, requiring much more sleep than what I had been. I had asked my endo when I first starting seeing him if the thyroid nodules could be related to adrenal problems and he blew it off as if it were an impossibility. I am not so sure it is not , especially now, and am wondering whether it all might even go back to pituitary issues. Still just trying to make sense of it all.

Thanks,

Kathy> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks for looking at the Renew Cleanse for me! It sounds like I > > > > need suggestions for something else to detox.> > > > > > > > Fortunately, we are on well water and therefore do not have the > > > > concerns of chlorine or fluoride in our water.> > > > > > > > That's good.> > > > > > > > My general dentist removed the fillings. There was nothing special > > > > done in regards to vapor or a dental dam. Wish I had known then > > > > what I know now! I do sti! ll have a mouth full of mercury and am > > > > quite reluctant to have anymore removed at this time with what I > > > > just went through. I do, however, plan on seeing someone that > > > > specializes in the procedure to lesson further mercury exposure in > > > > the future. > > > > > > > > You want someone who removes the highest charged tooth first, uses a oxygen mask for you, filter in the room, dental dam, low speed drill and administers high doses of Vit C when complete. My dentist did my mouth in quadrants (which is also a good idea). He did one a week for 4 weeks until done. We went on the 7 day immune cycle. First removal was Monday then Tuesday th! e follow ing week and Wed the following and Thursday the following. I also had a root canal tooth pulled as this is a source of constant bacteria and a hit on your immune system. We did not do work on the 7th day or earlier becuase that lessens the hit to the immune system since it runs in 7 day cycles. I also did lymphatic drainage massages ever other week with Chiropractic adjustments weekly. I also took liver detox shakes (Metagenics Ultra Clear Plus) daily. It was quite an ordeal but 7 days into it I had my foggy brain clear. I lost 8 lbs of fat and gained 7 lbs of muscle in 4 weeks time with no workout. It was the mercury draining my system. My dentist was trained by Dr. Hal Huggins in the proper protocol. I was a lot bett! er when it was over but now am extremely sensitive to mercury so when I go to his office i must take selenium, chlorella and Vit C to combat my tongue that swells.> > > > > > > > Can you tell me what quantities of selenium, > > > > glutathione, sulfer and C I should take for effective detox? Is > > > > there anything else I can do? How much of the DMSA, MSM, would you > > > > recommend? > > > > > > > > There is a lot of controversy about doing a chelation protocol when you stil have amalgams i! n your m outh. Selenium can be taken in 200-400 mcg / day. Glutathione is best in lipid form. I can't think of the brand I took. It was not good. Blah! I took 4,000 - 5,000 mgs Vit C. I take 6,00 mgs of MSM. DMSA is not recommended by the top chelation docs until you have removed the source of the toxin. the only thing you can do to stop the exposure is to remove them. They will continue to leak for the rest of your life building up in the tissues of your body. Heat causes them to release vapor as does friction. Have you seen the movie on the IAOMT website? http://www.iaomt.org/> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I am currently back up to 24mg a day of Prolamine Iodine. I never > > > > went up to the recommended (by a nutritionist/fri! end) amo unt of 50mg > > > > a day out of fear of everything that I had been reading regarding > > > > too much iodine. I worked up to 36mg a day, stayed there for three > > > > months, and starting cutting back hoping that that had my levels > > > > sufficient. > > > > > > > > If I were you with a mouth full of mercury I would keep the level of iodine high. I have no idea what Prolamine Iodine is???> > > > > > > > > > > > I have only slightly limited goitrogens because so many of them are > > > > so very nutritious. Also, I reasoned that I am taking the extra > > > > iodine to help offset it.> > > > > > > > I am never concerned with food it is the halides I worry about.> > > > > > > > What is the TPO Ab and Tg Ab test you mentioned? Does it have to be > > > > ordered by a! doctor? My friend/nutritionist can not order any tests > > > > and my endo is very difficult to get in to see, let alone cooperate > > > > with me.> > > > > > > > TPO Ab is thyroid peroxidase antiboides and Tg Ab is thyroglobulin antibodies. They! are ant ibody testing against the thyroid hormone creation process. This is how they diagnose hashimotos (autoimmune thyroiditis). Very common in iodine deficint people but can cause goiter, swings in levels, etc. It must be ordered by a doctor unless you get it done through www.healthcheckusa.com > > > > > > > > > > > >> > >> >>

Re: Iodine test

Sorry, thought I had posted this info previously. I have been treating several benign nodules with iodine for about 8 months. They are either decreasing in size or disappearing. Thyroid function, however, continues to decline. My endo now wants to test for autimmune stuff and also wants to put me on Synthroid. Before I start he wants me to cut back iodine to 12mg a day for a month and then do a 24 hour iodine urine test. He thinks the iodine might be causing my TSH levels to rise and that this regime will tell him if it is.

Sorry there are so many on this group I can't keep everyone's case history straight. Yes, iodine can make TSH increase. Dr. Brownstein has seen it elevate as high as 30 for up to 6 mos w/o any symptoms of hypothyroid other than TSH. He mentioned that he then uses Free T3 & Free T4 as the guide of thyroid function. He said that the TSH eventually goes down. Since TSH stimulates NIS to increase functionality this is what he believes is occuring when more iodine is added. Have you checked your free's?

I am just having a hard time believing the iodine is doing this especially with as good as it had made me feel and the fact that the nodules are almost completely gone. He has scratched his head at the nodules going down, several times, but does not think it is because of the iodine. I have tried cutting back on iodine on several occasions but starting feeling poorly again within just a few short days.

It sounds like it is not the issue but that TSH is temporarily elevated. I wouldn't cut back if you are feeling OK.

Also, I take an adrenal support supplement, Drenamin by Standard Process, which I accidentally ran out of while out of town for the holidays. I crashed majorly, requiring much more sleep than what I had been. I had asked my endo when I first starting seeing him if the thyroid nodules could be related to adrenal problems and he blew it off as if it were an impossibility. I am not so sure it is not , especially now, and am wondering whether it all might even go back to pituitary issues. Still just trying to make sense of it all.

I am the same way. Adrenals are very touchy. It's hard to make sense of it in pieces since it all fits so intricately.

Thanks,

Kathy

Hi , What does NIS mean? He has only checked Free T4 which was 1.2 six months ago and 1.1 last month. What does this mean?

Thanks,

Kathy

Sorry there are so many on this group I can't keep everyone's case history straight. Yes, iodine can make TSH increase. Dr. Brownstein has seen it elevate as high as 30 for up to 6 mos w/o any symptoms of hypothyroid other than TSH. He mentioned that he then uses Free T3 & Free T4 as the guide of thyroid function. He said that the TSH eventually goes down. Since TSH stimulates NIS to increase functionality this is what he believes is occuring when more iodine is added. Have you checked your free's?

It sounds like it is not the issue but that TSH is temporarily elevated. I wouldn't cut back if you are feeling OK.

I am the same way. Adrenals are very touchy. It's hard to make sense of it in pieces since it all fits so intricately.

Thanks,

Kathy

Thank you very much, Mark. I had always wondered what was in Prolamine. I've just added it to our supplement database:

iodine/database?method=reportRows & tbl=1

Zoe

Ah, here we go... Dobbins, DC. October 2007. "The Top 10 Prescription Drugs: Alternative Strategies," CD 1, Track 13.Prolamine delivers 48% iodine and 52% iodide. I presume that is 1.44 mg iodine and 1.56 mg iodide per tablet.I am not trying to be a Standard Process apologist. :-)Perhaps the company was trying to keep their persecutors and competitors a little bit in the dark. Who knows, but the anti-iodine thinking was present at the time, wasn't it?Mark> >> >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> >> Thanks for looking at the Renew Cleanse for me! It sounds like I> >> >> need suggestions for something else to detox.> >> >>> >> >> Fortunately, we are on well water and therefore do not have the> >> >> concerns of chlorine or fluoride in our water.> >> >>> >> >> That's good.> >> >>> >> >> My general dentist removed the fillings. There was nothing> >> > special> >> >> done in regards to vapor or a dental dam. Wish I had known then> >> >> what I know now! I do still have a mouth full of mercury and am> >> >> quite reluctant to have anymore removed at this time with what I> >> >> just went through. I do, however, plan on seeing someone that> >> >> specializes in the procedure to lesson further mercury exposure> > in> >> >> the future.> >> >>> >> >> You want someone who removes the highest charged tooth first,> > uses> >> > a oxygen mask for you, filter in the room, dental dam, low speed> >> > drill and administers high doses of Vit C when complete. My> > dentist> >> > did my mouth in quadrants (which is also a good idea). He did> > one a> >> > week for 4 weeks until done. We went on the 7 day immune cycle.> >> > First removal was Monday then Tuesday the following week and Wed> > the> >> > following and Thursday the following. I also had a root canal> > tooth> >> > pulled as this is a source of constant bacteria and a hit on your> >> > immune system. We did not do work on the 7th day or earlier> > becuase> >> > that lessens the hit to the immune system since it runs in 7 day> >> > cycles. I also did lymphatic drainage massages ever other week> > with> >> > Chiropractic adjustments weekly. I also took liver detox shakes> >> > (Metagenics Ultra Clear Plus) daily. It was quite an ordeal but> > 7> >> > days into it I had my foggy brain clear. I lost 8 lbs of fat and> >> > gained 7 lbs of muscle in 4 weeks time with no workout. It was> > the> >> > mercury draining my system. My dentist was trained by Dr. Hal> >> > Huggins in the proper protocol. I was a lot better when it was> > over> >> > but now am extremely sensitive to mercury so when I go to his> > office> >> > i must take selenium, chlorella and Vit C to combat my tongue> > that> >> > swells.> >> >>> >> >> Can you tell me what quantities of selenium,> >> >> glutathione, sulfer and C I should take for effective detox? Is> >> >> there anything else I can do? How much of the DMSA, MSM, would> >> > you> >> >> recommend?> >> >>> >> >> There is a lot of controversy about doing a chelation protocol> >> > when you stil have amalgams in your mouth. Selenium can be> > taken in> >> > 200-400 mcg / day. Glutathione is best in lipid form. I can't> >> > think of the brand I took. It was not good. Blah! I took> > 4,000 -> >> > 5,000 mgs Vit C. I take 6,00 mgs of MSM. DMSA is not> > recommended> >> > by the top chelation docs until you have removed the source of> > the> >> > toxin. the only thing you can do to stop the exposure is to> > remove> >> > them. They will continue to leak for the rest of your life> > building> >> > up in the tissues of your body. Heat causes them to release> > vapor> >> > as does friction. Have you seen the movie on the IAOMT website?> >> > http://www.iaomt.org/> >> >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> >> I am currently back up to 24mg a day of Prolamine Iodine. I> > never> >> >> went up to the recommended (by a nutritionist/friend) amount of> >> > 50mg> >> >> a day out of fear of everything that I had been reading> > regarding> >> >> too much iodine. I worked up to 36mg a day, stayed there for> >> > three> >> >> months, and starting cutting back hoping that that had my levels> >> >> sufficient.> >> >>> >> >> If I were you with a mouth full of mercury I would keep the> > level> >> > of iodine high. I have no idea what Prolamine Iodine is???> >> >>> >> >>> >> >> I have only slightly limited goitrogens because so many of them> >> > are> >> >> so very nutritious. Also, I reasoned that I am taking the extra> >> >> iodine to help offset it.> >> >>> >> >> I am never concerned with food it is the halides I worry about.> >> >>> >> >> What is the TPO Ab and Tg Ab test you mentioned? Does it have> > to> >> > be> >> >> ordered by a doctor? My friend/nutritionist can not order any> >> > tests> >> >> and my endo is very difficult to get in to see, let alone> >> > cooperate> >> >> with me.> >> >>> >> >> TPO Ab is thyroid peroxidase antiboides and Tg Ab is> > thyroglobulin> >> > antibodies. They are antibody testing against the thyroid> > hormone> >> > creation process. This is how they diagnose hashimotos> > (autoimmune> >> > thyroiditis). Very common in iodine deficint people but can> > cause> >> > goiter, swings in levels, etc. It must be ordered by a doctor> >> > unless you get it done through www.healthcheckusa.com> >> >>> >> >> > >> >>> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >

NIS is Sodium Iodine Symporters which are the pumps that pull iodine in. You need to see what Free T3 is doing because that is the active hormone. You look to be low in FT4 but you did not give a range. Most feel better in the upper 1/3 of the range from what we have seen on the Natural Thyroid Hormone group. What type of thyroid meds are you on (if any?)

Steph

Hi , What does NIS mean? He has only checked Free T4 which was 1.2 six months ago and 1.1 last month. What does this mean?

Thanks,

Kathy

Thanks,

Kathy

I am going to call Standard Process to verify this. All documentation I can

find on it is that 1 tablet contains 20 mgs Calcium and 3 Mgs Iodine.

I'll update when I have more information

> Ah, here we go...

>

> Dobbins, DC. October 2007. " The Top 10 Prescription Drugs:

> Alternative Strategies, " CD 1, Track 13.

>

> Prolamine delivers 48% iodine and 52% iodide. I presume that is 1.44

> mg iodine and 1.56 mg iodide per tablet.

>

> I am not trying to be a Standard Process apologist. :-)

>

> Perhaps the company was trying to keep their persecutors and

> competitors a little bit in the dark. Who knows, but the anti-iodine

> thinking was present at the time, wasn't it?

>

> Mark

>

>

>

>

>

>

>> >> >>

>> >> >>

>> >> >>

>> >> >> Thanks for looking at the Renew Cleanse for me! It sounds

> like I

>> >> >> need suggestions for something else to detox.

>> >> >>

>> >> >> Fortunately, we are on well water and therefore do not have

> the

>> >> >> concerns of chlorine or fluoride in our water.

>> >> >>

>> >> >> That's good.

>> >> >>

>> >> >> My general dentist removed the fillings. There was nothing

>> >> > special

>> >> >> done in regards to vapor or a dental dam. Wish I had known

> then

>> >> >> what I know now! I do still have a mouth full of mercury

> and am

>> >> >> quite reluctant to have anymore removed at this time with

> what I

>> >> >> just went through. I do, however, plan on seeing someone

> that

>> >> >> specializes in the procedure to lesson further mercury

> exposure

>> > in

>> >> >> the future.

>> >> >>

>> >> >> You want someone who removes the highest charged tooth first,

>> > uses

>> >> > a oxygen mask for you, filter in the room, dental dam, low

> speed

>> >> > drill and administers high doses of Vit C when complete. My

>> > dentist

>> >> > did my mouth in quadrants (which is also a good idea). He did

>> > one a

>> >> > week for 4 weeks until done. We went on the 7 day immune

> cycle.

>> >> > First removal was Monday then Tuesday the following week and

> Wed

>> > the

>> >> > following and Thursday the following. I also had a root canal

>> > tooth

>> >> > pulled as this is a source of constant bacteria and a hit on

> your

>> >> > immune system. We did not do work on the 7th day or earlier

>> > becuase

>> >> > that lessens the hit to the immune system since it runs in 7

> day

>> >> > cycles. I also did lymphatic drainage massages ever other

> week

>> > with

>> >> > Chiropractic adjustments weekly. I also took liver detox

> shakes

>> >> > (Metagenics Ultra Clear Plus) daily. It was quite an ordeal

> but

>> > 7

>> >> > days into it I had my foggy brain clear. I lost 8 lbs of fat

> and

>> >> > gained 7 lbs of muscle in 4 weeks time with no workout. It

> was

>> > the

>> >> > mercury draining my system. My dentist was trained by Dr. Hal

>> >> > Huggins in the proper protocol. I was a lot better when it

> was

>> > over

>> >> > but now am extremely sensitive to mercury so when I go to his

>> > office

>> >> > i must take selenium, chlorella and Vit C to combat my tongue

>> > that

>> >> > swells.

>> >> >>

>> >> >> Can you tell me what quantities of selenium,

>> >> >> glutathione, sulfer and C I should take for effective

> detox? Is

>> >> >> there anything else I can do? How much of the DMSA, MSM,

> would

>> >> > you

>> >> >> recommend?

>> >> >>

>> >> >> There is a lot of controversy about doing a chelation

> protocol

>> >> > when you stil have amalgams in your mouth. Selenium can be

>> > taken in

>> >> > 200-400 mcg / day. Glutathione is best in lipid form. I

> can't

>> >> > think of the brand I took. It was not good. Blah! I took

>> > 4,000 -

>> >> > 5,000 mgs Vit C. I take 6,00 mgs of MSM. DMSA is not

>> > recommended

>> >> > by the top chelation docs until you have removed the source of

>> > the

>> >> > toxin. the only thing you can do to stop the exposure is to

>> > remove

>> >> > them. They will continue to leak for the rest of your life

>> > building

>> >> > up in the tissues of your body. Heat causes them to release

>> > vapor

>> >> > as does friction. Have you seen the movie on the IAOMT

> website?

>> >> > http://www.iaomt.org/

>> >> >>

>> >> >>

>> >> >>

>> >> >> I am currently back up to 24mg a day of Prolamine Iodine. I

>> > never

>> >> >> went up to the recommended (by a nutritionist/friend) amount

> of

>> >> > 50mg

>> >> >> a day out of fear of everything that I had been reading

>> > regarding

>> >> >> too much iodine. I worked up to 36mg a day, stayed there for

>> >> > three

>> >> >> months, and starting cutting back hoping that that had my

> levels

>> >> >> sufficient.

>> >> >>

>> >> >> If I were you with a mouth full of mercury I would keep the

>> > level

>> >> > of iodine high. I have no idea what Prolamine Iodine is???

>> >> >>

>> >> >>

>> >> >> I have only slightly limited goitrogens because so many of

> them

>> >> > are

>> >> >> so very nutritious. Also, I reasoned that I am taking the

> extra

>> >> >> iodine to help offset it.

>> >> >>

>> >> >> I am never concerned with food it is the halides I worry

> about.

>> >> >>

>> >> >> What is the TPO Ab and Tg Ab test you mentioned? Does it

> have

>> > to

>> >> > be

>> >> >> ordered by a doctor? My friend/nutritionist can not order

> any

>> >> > tests

>> >> >> and my endo is very difficult to get in to see, let alone

>> >> > cooperate

>> >> >> with me.

>> >> >>

>> >> >> TPO Ab is thyroid peroxidase antiboides and Tg Ab is

>> > thyroglobulin

>> >> > antibodies. They are antibody testing against the thyroid

>> > hormone

>> >> > creation process. This is how they diagnose hashimotos

>> > (autoimmune

>> >> > thyroiditis). Very common in iodine deficint people but can

>> > cause

>> >> > goiter, swings in levels, etc. It must be ordered by a doctor

>> >> > unless you get it done through www.healthcheckusa.com

>> >> >>

>> >> >>

>> >> >>

>> >> >

>> >> >

>> >> >

>> >> >

>> >> >

>> >> >

>> >> >

>> >> >

>> >> >

Mark,

How much B.12 is there in Promaline?

On 1/7/08 10:18 PM, " Zoe " <mauizoe@...> wrote:

Thank you very much, Mark. I had always wondered what was in Prolamine. I've just added it to our supplement database:

iodine/database?method=reportRows & tbl=1 <iodine/database?method=reportRows & amp;tbl=1>

Zoe

Ah, here we go...

Dobbins, DC. October 2007. " The Top 10 Prescription Drugs:

Alternative Strategies, " CD 1, Track 13.

Prolamine delivers 48% iodine and 52% iodide. I presume that is 1.44

mg iodine and 1.56 mg iodide per tablet.

I am not trying to be a Standard Process apologist. :-)

Perhaps the company was trying to keep their persecutors and

competitors a little bit in the dark. Who knows, but the anti-iodine

thinking was present at the time, wasn't it?

Mark

> >>

> >> I just looked it up on the SP website

> >>

http://www.standardprocess.com/display/StandardProcessCatalog.spi?

> > ID=132 and

> >> it is not like Lugol's at all. It is a combination of B12 and

> > Iodine only.

> >> There is no iodide.

> >>

> >>

• 8 months later...

I phoned and asked them.The vrp website also says you need a Dr referral, so I rang to also ask how I could show that if I was buying the test kit online - and the woman said to ignore that, a Dr referral wasn't needed.RitzOn Oct 2, 2008, at 11:07 AM, ladybugsandbees wrote:How did you find out what lab they are using? Steph Iodine test> www.vrp.com are advertising a special at present on their website.> > $80 for an iodine spot and loading test> > They said the testing is done by Labrix (not sure of spelling)> > Are they also reputable, along with Hakala and FFP ?> > thanks,> Ritz> > ------------------------------------> > > > >

It says if you don't have a doctor to refer you then call them. It's a legal thing.

Steph

Iodine test> www.vrp.com are advertising a special at present on their website.> > $80 for an iodine spot and loading test> > They said the testing is done by Labrix (not sure of spelling)> > Are they also reputable, along with Hakala and FFP ?> > thanks,> Ritz> > ------------------------------------> > > > >

From the Labrix home page:

New Testing Services

Labrix is excited to announce its newest testing service: The Iodine Base &

24-hr Load Test.

Lynn

> I just found the lab

>

https://www.labrix.com/reporting-spring/staticContent.do?page=testing.iodine.why\

Iodine

> My hunch is that they are a new iodine testing facility. I am familiar

with

> them from a saliva testing perspective and they are very good with that.

>

>

>

>

> Iodine test

>

>

> > www.vrp.com are advertising a special at present on their website.

> >

> > $80 for an iodine spot and loading test

> >

> > They said the testing is done by Labrix (not sure of spelling)

> >

> > Are they also reputable, along with Hakala and FFP ?

> >

> > thanks,

> > Ritz

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

• 7 months later...
Guest guest

Elyse,

You wrote:

>

> Has anyone here done the Iodine Loading Test? It's one where you take 4

> tabs of iodine and collect urine for 24 hours....

The test is bogus and almost guaranteed to show you are iodine

deficient, because it ignores the substantial amount of iodine that ends

up in your bowel. If you are inclined to believe the folks trying to

sell you iodine, just skip their test and start taking iodine. You'll

need the money you save to pay for the supplements. The test is going to

show you are deficient, no matter what.

Chuck

Guest guest

Hi Elyse - some think the test is bogus, others think not. However,

you need to find if you are deficient. I would recommend reading as much

as you can on the subject and make sure you understand what you are reading.

Any questions, please shout:

http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james37.htm

http://www.essortment.com/all/whatisiodine_rtcx.htm;

If you were listening to the CD - it had nothing

whatsoever to do with 'selling iodine' - I know because I listened to it.

Iodine is essential for thyroid function. If you start to take iodine and find it

doesn't help, that is probably because you already have sufficient iodine - so that

is not a problem. Any excess iodine is excreted through your bowel.

Luv - Sheila

Hi Chuck,

I hadn't even considered iodine for a treatment before, no one is trying to

sell me it. I don't know anything about iodine yet, that's why I asked

about it. I wouldn't just start taking something even if someone was

trying to sell it to me, you can give me a little more credit than that :-)

It was actually an MD that suggested this test, but I like getting input from

other patients in my shoes too.

Elyse

The test is bogus and almost guaranteed to show you are iodine

deficient, because it ignores the substantial amount of iodine that ends

up in your bowel. If you are inclined to believe the folks trying to

sell you iodine, just skip their test and start taking iodine. You'll

need the money you save to pay for the supplements. The test is going to

show you are deficient, no matter what.

Chuck

_

No virus

found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.12.27/2111 - Release Date: 05/13/09

18:04:00

Guest guest

>

>

> Has anyone on this board has done this test?

> Elyse

>

> I am trying the test myselfright now for self testing which I thought you may

be interested in.

paula

>

> " poor man's " version of iodine testing, though less accurate, involves

applying a 2 inch square patch of iodine tincture (from your local drug store)

to the inside of one of your forearms, letting it dry, then observing it for a

24 hour period (careful not to wash or rub it off). If the patch mostly

disappears in that time, then iodine deficiency is probable. The faster it

disappears, the more deficient you theoretically are–In other words, the more

your body is sucking up that iodine for its own needs.

>

gotta be wortha go

>

>

>

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you Chuck for that very informative post. I would appreciate your comment

on the following:-

A couple of years ago I had to have several MRI's (Cerebral aneurysm) and

would have the iodine contrast each time. I always felt so very well

immediately after, like my old self, very alert and chipper and for a period of

exactly 6 weeks. Then I would return to the 'struggle along' person I had

become.

The introduction of iodine directly into the blood made a huge and beneficial

difference, however, when I tried to duplicate with lugols drops - it just didnt

work.

If you have any thoughts or insight, I would appreciate it

F

> Well, there are many on the web posting testimonials to fairly hefty

> doses of iodine, typically a variant of Lugol's, such as the solid form

> The risks are just not worth it.

>

> Chuck

>

• 5 months later...

They can do an iodine loading test via urine. I just got one from my doc

yesterday. Apparently you have to take a certain amt of iodine in the

morning and then collect your urine all day. The lab measures how much

iodine you excrete and that determines how deficient you may or may not be.

I'm new to this whole deal but I just discussed this with my doc yesterday

:)

Kim

Iodine test

> My husband went to his primary Doctor, and he said they don't test for

> Iodine. Can someone tell me if this is right or not? How do Doctors test

> for Iodine? Thanks. Donna Rabe

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

>

>

>

docs don't know anything about iodine, they only know what drug

companies tell them. you have to order the test yourself.

Gracia

onna_rabe2001 wrote:

>

>

> My husband went to his primary Doctor, and he said they don't test for

> Iodine. Can someone tell me if this is right or not? How do Doctors

> test for Iodine? Thanks. Donna Rabe

>

>