RemedySpot.com

Re: Not losing weight

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dana,

I know it can be frustrating working with someone that you don't believe is being completely honest.

First of all, has she had her band adjusted? If not she may need more saline placed in the band.

2-She will not be successful with the band if, she is drinking with meals or is eating soft, mushy foods. She will not get optimal restriction unless she is eating solid foods.

3-Her constipation issues are more likely caused from lack of fiber than by her vitamins. Tell her to take her vits and drink some some beneprotein and fruits and veggies. Never heard of fruit causing kidney stones, maybe she should see a urologist?

I don't want to be judgmental, but it doesn't seem to add up, does it? The only other thing I have to add is that if she has been overweight all of her life an has never really been within a "normal" weight range, the band may not have been appropriately placed. It is possible that she should have had a gastric bypass. I would try to hold her accountable and don't let her make excuses. Be honest with her and tell her that if she can't figure out how to get do these things, then there is nothing you can do to help her. Put the ball back in her court.

Just my 1/2 cent.

Cheryl

-----Original Message-----From: zbrachman [mailto:zbrachman@...]Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 8:53 AM Subject: Not losing weightI have a 37 year old female patient that is 7 months post Lap-Band. Her total weight loss in the 7 months is 28 lbs. She is extremely frustrated to tears about her failure. Here is what I got from my interview with her:1. She does not eat fruit because she said that it caused a kidney stone. Is this even possible?2. She does not take vitamins because they severely constipate her, even those without iron.3. Her PCP has ruled out any hormonal change preventing weight loss. 4. Food diary shows 800-1000 kcals/day intake, protein at each meal, vegetable at lunch and dinner, no snacks, only water or unsweet tea between meals.5. She claims she has no restriction at all and self limits intake.6. She is walking for 30 minutes 4 times per week.I can't help but think that she isn't telling us about something else she is eating. When questioned about this she gets very defensive. We have never had this poor of a result with someone who is working this hard. Is there something I am missing? Thank you for any advice.-Dana Hrobar, RD, LD

• 3 years later...

Please post what you are doing, dose, administration method, how long you have been taking hCG now, etc. Is this your first round? Post your menu and amounts, calories for the last week, what products you use on your body, etc. We can't help without more information about what you are doing to give us clues about what might be wrong. You could simply be on a natural plateau right now. I had one for two weeks once while at a weight that I'd been at for years. Have you been measuring? As strange as it sounds, you could be losing inches right now, but not pounds. That's why it's called Pounds AND Inches.

CC

Guide to Implementing the Weight Loss Cure http://www.weightlosscureonline.com

DO NOT ORDER FROM THE LINK ABOVE. As a member of this group, you can get my over 100-page eBook for $19.95 by sending it to me at this email address (apracticalidealist at dot com) through PayPal "Send Money" tab on www.paypal.com. Then I email you the eBook. I cannot refund the discount to you if you order from www.weightlosscureonline.com by mistake.

ALERT: PayPal tries to get you to use your checking account rather than a credit card if you have multiple forms of payment set up. However, this causes a week's wait until your eCheck clears before I can send your eBook. For faster access to the eBook, use a credit card instead if you can.

Not losing weight

I haven't lost anything for about a week. I did the apple flush andlost one pound, but regained it the following day. Any suggestions?I'm desperate!

Hi , thanks for responding. I'm on my 22nd day. Have not been

diligent about walking for an hour, but try to fit in some other kind

of physical activity. I did skip a day - yesterday, so, I'll see how I

do tomorrow. And I have been very good on the diet. I also increased

my dosage from 150IU to 175IU ... should I have done this? Thanks for

your help!

Kim

>

> Hi there.

> OK, what day are you on and how much weight have you lost?

> You may be immune.� To fix that, skip just one day.......that often

remedies things right away.

> Are you sticking to the diet?� Walking 1 hour/day?

> All the best,

>

>

Thanks for responding to my post. I've been on the Dr. Simeons

Protocol for 27 days (that's including the loading days) and I've lost

about 15 lbs - I thought I would lose about 1 lb a day. I've been

following the vlcd to the letter with the exception of using Braggs

(aminos with 0 cal per serving) to season my salad. Also, I've gone

out to eat at a local natural food market, but I've asked specifically

for items that are on the diet. I've been trying to incorporate some

kind of physical activity daily including taking a ballet class one

day a week. I don't know if I'm eating too much sodium or drinking too

much caffeine ... could any of these halt my weight loss?

I have not been walking for an hour a day ... I know that

Trudeau mentions this in his book ... could this be the reason for my

stall? Thanks for your help!

Kim