RemedySpot.com

concept of 'p' medicine: conclusion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear members,

Today, I have to conclude discussion on "Concept of `p' medicine"

Concept of `p' medicine is the core of rational prescribing. Inappropriate prescribing reduces the quality of medical care and leads to a waste of resources. To address these problems, a variety of educational and administrative approaches to improve prescribing have been tried. Promoting concept of `p' medicine is one of them.

Intervention approaches that have proved effective in promoting `p' medicine are:

problem-based basic professional training of students; targeted in-service training of doctors; Provision of independent, unbiased drug information sources to practioner as well as patients; standard treatment guidelines and essential drugs lists. If such effective strategies are followed, the quality of health care can be improved and drug expenditures

reduced.

I am thankful to Dr. Vijay sir for giving me an opportunity to moderate discussion and kind support throughout discussion.

My sincere thanks to Dr. Chetna Desai, Dr. Mahadev Desai, Mohammad Bashar, Dr. Bharat Gajjar, Dr. Kiran Choudhary, Dr. Smita Mali, Dr. Mangesh Bankar, Dr. Trupti Dr. Anupama Sukhlecha for their valuable inputs and sparing time for discussion.

Regards,

Dr. Chaitali Bajait

Nagpur