RemedySpot.com

improving access to medicines

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello All,

I will reply to each post one by one but before that I have one more experince to share with you. We have seen some problems which are responsible for lack of access to medicines. There is yet another aspect related to the access to controlled medicines. In our hospital there was a demand from one of the departments for a product of ephedrine. Ephedrine is one of the controlled medicines which requires specific licensing for purchase, storage and use. Our hospital store does not meet the regulatory requirements and as such we could not fulfill the said demand

Where does the problem lie? We have a rich post from Dr Srisailam , Anupama and Santosh wherein they have shared thier experiences . Yes, patient education, poverty and irrational prescribing are few problems evidenced from these posts.

I could further go on like this enumerating several actual experiences. But I need to know whether other states, countries are also facing such day to day problems. Macro level situations and their solutions are aplenty but what about the micro level? Kunda

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.