RemedySpot.com

Re: Fw: [indpharm] Free software - ReMe (Research Methodology)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Respected sir,

congretulation for makin such wornderful softwere

sir i am assistnt professor in physiology at medical college bhavnagar

and as i will not been able to attand the workshop

can you mail the same after conferance is over.

thank you ver ymuch and wish you best of luck for conferance

From: rraveendran <raveejipmer (DOT) edu.in>Subject: [indpharm] Free software - ReMe (Research Methodology)indpharm@group s.comDate: Wednesday, 10 December, 2008, 3:59 PM

Dear membersI am happy to announce the release of my latest software ReMe ver1.0.0 - 'Research Methodology for Undergraduates' . I take this opportunity to thank all those who tested the beta version of the software and offered me their comments and suggestions. I am listing their names in the alphabetical order : Dr.Gitanjali B, Pondicherry; Dr.Jagadeesh G, USA; Dr.Jatinder Singh, Amritsar; Dr.Manikandan S, Pondicherry; Dr.Patil CR, Shirpur; Dr.Rahman SZ, Aligarh; Dr. Shahid A, Pondicherry; Dr. Sivagnanam G, Tindivanam; Dr.Surendiran A, Pondicherry. Their help was really great and it improved my program though I could not implement some of their suggestions due to technical difficulties( "a good excuse for laziness" - a cynic in me rebuts!!!!).I have, as usual made the software absolutely free (no wonder my son declared his dad is the most useless doc on earth and gone on to study business and finance!) and

anyone can download it from www.indphar. org. It is a fully working CAL software to learn about research methodology. Though the software is aimed at UGs, it would still be useful for PGs who are yet to be inducted into research/dissertati on work. It includes modules for planning & conducting a simulated experiment on animals, analysing data and drawing conclusions. Background text material for each topic (such as how to search literature,animal research ethics, random allocation, allocation concealment, statistical analysis of data etc.) is available for the user to help him plan and execute the study. If you download and use it, I would appreciate receiving your comments and suggestions. This will help me improve future versions of the software. I am presenting the software in the forthcoming IPS conference in Delhi and planning to demonstrate the software using my laptop. If you

are keen to watch it, please visit poster no./abstract no. 487 on 20-12-2008. I am planning to distribute a limited number of ReMe CDs (yes...it would be free again) during the demo (on 'first come-first served' basis). If I can manage some sponsorship, I shall make more number of CDs for distribution. If you happen to bring your pen drive with you, the software (just 10 MB only) can be copied on to it. Please feel free to contact me or anyone from JIPMER anytime during the conference.If you are attending the pre-con workshop on 'Research Methodologies' at IPS conference in Delhi, I reckon, going through the software might give you a good introduction to the topcis to be discussed at the workshop.Thanks & RegardsR.RaveendranDept of PharmacologyJIPMERPondicherry - 605 006

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.