RemedySpot.com

PharmD Course - IPC President's Remarks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Members:

Please read the remarks of IPA/IPC President Dr. B. Suresh posted recently over IPA website and note his comments about the introduction of PharmD course in India reflecting the need for starting this course as realized by the president himself.

With regards

Dr. Geer M. Ishaq

Dear Friends,

`Wherever and whenever decision makers discuss any aspectsof Medicines on a global level, FIP is at the table'

FIP's Vision for 2020

I am just back after an exciting trip to Basel, Switzerland after attending the 68th International congress of FIP. The FIP congress was exciting to me not because it was an international event which I attended; it was because I represented one million pharmacists of our country who are relentlessly serving over a billion people. These sheer numbers were mind boggling to many of the leaders of the pharmacy profession of the various countries. India also drew respect in their attitudes and responses not because we are one of the largest manufacturers of quality medicines but because we are committed ourselves to be a part of the changing global scenario. The theme of the congress was `Reengineering pharmacy practice in a changing world', and was most appropriate to us in our country where we have introduced the Pharm.D programme for the first time where we intend to move the pharmacists of our country to move from behind the counter and start serving the public by providing care instead of pills. There is no future in the mere act of manufacturing or dispensing. This activity can and will be taken over by the internet, machines and/or hardly trained technicians. The fact that the pharmacists have an academic training and act as health care professionals puts a burden upon them to better serve the community than they currently do. The FIP situational analyses lead to the following conclusions:

1. There is an increasing globalization of healthcare

2. Healthcare is becoming more and more patient focused

3. The gap in health care services between developing and developed countries needs to be urgently addressed

4. The demand on limited resources, both human and financial, is growing.

As aglobal network of pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists, FIP and its member organizations have an inherent obligation to be at the table wherever – globally, regionally and locally – and whenever medicine is being discussed. In light of the above statement it become obligatory for IPA to play the necessary leadership role in India and `Wherever and whenever decision makers discuss any aspects of Medicines on a global level, IPA is at the table'

Let's do it!

Dr B.Suresh

Dear Dr Geer,

That's really great! I think IPC is keen on starting this course soon. May be from 2009 or 2010, we will have a good number of pharmacists opting for this course.

-Anupama

From: ishaqgeer <ishaqgeer@...>Subject: PharmD Course - IPC President's Remarksnetrum Date: Saturday, 6 December, 2008, 5:31 PM

Dear Members:

Please read the remarks of IPA/IPC President Dr. B. Suresh posted recently over IPA website and note his comments about the introduction of PharmD course in India reflecting the need for starting this course as realized by the president himself.

With regards

Dr. Geer M. Ishaq

Dear Friends,

`Wherever and whenever decision makers discuss any aspectsof Medicines on a global level, FIP is at the table'

FIP's Vision for 2020

I am just back after an exciting trip to Basel, Switzerland after attending the 68th International congress of FIP. The FIP congress was exciting to me not because it was an international event which I attended; it was because I represented one million pharmacists of our country who are relentlessly serving over a billion people. These sheer numbers were mind boggling to many of the leaders of the pharmacy profession of the various countries. India also drew respect in their attitudes and responses not because we are one of the largest manufacturers of quality medicines but because we are committed ourselves to be a part of the changing global scenario. The theme of the congress was `Reengineering pharmacy practice in a changing world', and was most appropriate to us in our country where we have introduced the Pharm.D programme for the first time where

we intend to move the pharmacists of our country to move from behind the counter and start serving the public by providing care instead of pills. There is no future in the mere act of manufacturing or dispensing. This activity can and will be taken over by the internet, machines and/or hardly trained technicians. The fact that the pharmacists have an academic training and act as health care professionals puts a burden upon them to better serve the community than they currently do. The FIP situational analyses lead to the following conclusions:

1. There is an increasing globalization of healthcare

2. Healthcare is becoming more and more patient focused

3. The gap in health care services between developing and developed countries needs to be urgently addressed

4. The demand on limited resources, both human and financial, is growing.

As aglobal network of pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists, FIP and its member organizations have an inherent obligation to be at the table wherever – globally, regionally and locally – and whenever medicine is being discussed. In light of the above statement it become obligatory for IPA to play the necessary leadership role in India and `Wherever and whenever decision makers discuss any aspects of Medicines on a global level, IPA is at the table'

Let's do it!

Dr B.Suresh

Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta! Click here.