RemedySpot.com

Concept of 'p' medicine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Netrumians,

First of all, I am very much thankful to Dr. Vijay Sir, for giving me an opportunity to moderate a discussion on NetRum.

I am Chaitali, lecturer in Pharmacology, GMC, Nagpur.

I welcome you all for the discussion "Concept of P medicine".

Before starting discussion, let's have some initial background

Irrational use of medicines is a major problem all over the world. The World Health Organization (WHO) and many other bodies are concentrating on improving the use of medicines.

The rational use of drug based on the rule of right: that means the right drug, given to the right patients, in right doses, at the right cost. But most of the time, medical practitioners copy the prescribing behavior of their clinical teachers or existing standard treatment guidelines, without explanation as to why certain treatments are chosen.

The question now arises as "How to choose the right drug for patient to achieve the set therapeutic goal as per the diagnosis of the disease?" Answer is just by following `p' drug/medicine concept. The drugs you are going to prescribe regularly and with which you will become familiar are called P (personal)-drug.

Dear friends, I would like to discuss this topic under following headings:

Explain P medicine concept in detail.

Do we really follow `p' drug concept while prescribing?

What is the difference between `p' drug and `p' treatment

Who do you think should play the main role in promoting and ensuring p medicine concept?

What do you see as the pharmacologist's role in promoting `p' medicine concept?

What do you mean by problem based learning?

What is your experience regarding problem based learning?

What specific actions have been taken in India towards promoting `p' drug medicine?

What difficulties are there in promoting `p' medicine concept at a national level?

Do you know of other countries that have developed these strategies successfully?

What is scenario in developed and developing economies regarding the practice of p drug?

Once again I welcome you all to share your knowledge and experience on the common platform of NetRUM

Regards,

Dr. Chaitali

Lecturer

Department of Pharmacology

Govt. Medical College

Nagpur.