RemedySpot.com

Re: Painful urination

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Darla,

So sorry that Elise has this awful problem as well.

I have this most of the time and bladder spasms as well, especially at

night. Have tried all types of meds for this without much help. It usually

is accompanied by vulvo vaginitis as well, sometimes with ulceration. Keep

this in mind regarding Elise, some of the topical cortisone and antibiotic

mix ointments have helped this `spondy glitch' and also helps with

urethritis.

Guest guest

I have been taking Detrol for 5 months now for urinary

inflammation, urgency, frequency, bladder pain, leakage, etc. It

is just short of being a miracle drug for me. Most of the urinary

tract symptoms are controlled or at least lessened. I become

greatly agitated and anxious from urinary tract symptoms without

the Detrol.

Elavil (amytriptyline), an antidepressant, can help with urinary

distress, but can cause many more negative side-effects. I

discovered this accidentally when prescribed Elavil for a sleep

disorder. THis was several years ago. At that time the urologist

I was seeing had not heard of this effect. Since then it has been

well-documented. Other medications, especially antidepressants,

may have similar effects.

Ray, moderator

Guest guest

Hi Darla, I have had bladder probllems since I developed RS about 12 years ago.

Some are typical of RS and some are not. I have had frequent infections. Elise

should first be checked for a Urinary Tract infection. You also might want a

referral to a pediatric urologist if it continues to be a problem. My daughter

was on Ditropan when she was small for control of bladder spasms. It might be

useful. Also in school they are not always very accomadating about letting

children use the restroom whenever they need to. That was a problem for my

daughter in middle school. I had a note in her file to let her use the restroom

as needed. A teacher actually called her urologist (without my permission)

trying to get information on the problem I found that very disturbing. Of

course, he didn't get anywhere with the doctor's office. Anyway, take the

symptoms seriously. Also you can get the dip sticks to check for infection on

the Internet. You only need the ones that show leukocytes and nitrates. Good

luck with the problem.

Kay

• 8 years later...

We had this in two of our NT boys when they were under 5 , I ended up using a barrier cream on them, like a calendular baby balm. The balm stopped the wee hitting the inflammed skin and it healed within a few days. In their cases they had caused it by pulling on their foreskin.

Tracey

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:27 AM, eeejay174 <eeejay174@...> wrote:

for us, this is yeast, out ds2 is going through a spate of bed wetting at the mo, since we've begun chelation, yeast gives my dd cystitis as well, I'd look at some natural anti-fungals like gse, up the probiotics, try some candex, add in some biotin, and try and cut back on the sugar/yeast in his diet for a few weeks - apologies if I'm 'telling grandma to suck eggs' and all this is in place already.

failing that look at other natural forms like cranberry juice and bicarb to help with cystitis, and maybe even some canesten under his foreskin, not sure if i'm much help, I know that the nhs anti-fungals aren't really that broadspectrum enough for all types of yeast, we did much better with the more natural stuff.

hth a bitemmamum to 1 dd with DCD, 2 ds with asd >> Hi - our son (7 years old) is complaining that his willy hurts when he wees. He says that this has been going on since August!

> > We have taken him to see GP, who confirmed there was no urine infection - his idea is that this whole problem is due to my son playing with himself, which is frankly totally unfounded and pretty dismissive and unkind.

> > Has anyone else come across this in ASD? Could it be yeast? Our son is on Nystatin and Threelac and other probiotics and has also done Diflucan in the past.. but could it be that these anti-yeast things make him excrete the yeast which is what causes the pain?

> > Our son had this same issue last December, again no urine infection, that time we seemed to bring it under control using homeopathic anti-yeast remedies, but the problem's come right back so would really like to sort it now.

> > Many thanks> > >

We had this in two of our NT boys when they were under 5 , I ended up using a barrier cream on them, like a calendular baby balm. The balm stopped the wee hitting the inflammed skin and it healed within a few days. In their cases they had caused it by pulling on their foreskin.

Tracey

for us, this is yeast, out ds2 is going through a spate of bed wetting at the mo, since we've begun chelation, yeast gives my dd cystitis as well, I'd look at some natural anti-fungals like gse, up the probiotics, try some candex, add in some biotin, and try and cut back on the sugar/yeast in his diet for a few weeks - apologies if I'm 'telling grandma to suck eggs' and all this is in place already.

failing that look at other natural forms like cranberry juice and bicarb to help with cystitis, and maybe even some canesten under his foreskin, not sure if i'm much help, I know that the nhs anti-fungals aren't really that broadspectrum enough for all types of yeast, we did much better with the more natural stuff.

hth a bitemmamum to 1 dd with DCD, 2 ds with asd >> Hi - our son (7 years old) is complaining that his willy hurts when he wees. He says that this has been going on since August!

> > We have taken him to see GP, who confirmed there was no urine infection - his idea is that this whole problem is due to my son playing with himself, which is frankly totally unfounded and pretty dismissive and unkind.

> > Has anyone else come across this in ASD? Could it be yeast? Our son is on Nystatin and Threelac and other probiotics and has also done Diflucan in the past.. but could it be that these anti-yeast things make him excrete the yeast which is what causes the pain?

> > Our son had this same issue last December, again no urine infection, that time we seemed to bring it under control using homeopathic anti-yeast remedies, but the problem's come right back so would really like to sort it now.

> > Many thanks> > >

Tracey

> > Many thanks> > >

This may be a symptom of an oxalate problem

Here is a list of possible symptoms a child with autism might have if they have

this problem:

http://lowoxalate.info/misc/autism_issues.html

More info here:

http://lowoxalate.info/index.html

Have a good read of this stuff to see if it fits your child

hth, Nikki

-- In Autism Treatment , " bty597850 " <julia.cernoch@...>

wrote:

>

> Hi - our son (7 years old) is complaining that his willy hurts when he wees.

He says that this has been going on since August!

>

> We have taken him to see GP, who confirmed there was no urine infection - his

idea is that this whole problem is due to my son playing with himself, which is

frankly totally unfounded and pretty dismissive and unkind.

>

> Has anyone else come across this in ASD? Could it be yeast? Our son is on

Nystatin and Threelac and other probiotics and has also done Diflucan in the

past.. but could it be that these anti-yeast things make him excrete the yeast

which is what causes the pain?

>

> Our son had this same issue last December, again no urine infection, that time

we seemed to bring it under control using homeopathic anti-yeast remedies, but

the problem's come right back so would really like to sort it now.

>

> Many thanks

>

>

>