RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Fibromyalgia Diet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am allergic to soy so I have to avoid it. I also don't agree with the chocolate part. Dark Chocolate is SO good for you; there's no way in hell I would ever give it up. It's my comfort food and my health food. I don't understand why they listed it. But I do everythign else right - I get homecooked meals as much as possible and I eat mostly organic, lots of fresh veggies and fruits from farmer's markets and local markets - not the supermarkets - actually I hardly ever eat from safeway except buying breyers ice cream and other homemade ice creams, something else I would never ever give up. It's my weakness. I shop mainly at Trader Joes as well and highly recommend it as they carry almost everythign organic and they have frozen meals that are healthy too. whitney walkerOn Jan 4, 2008 7:28 AM, Dominie Bush <dombush@...> wrote:

Consuming soy (soy milk, smoothies, tofu, etc.) causes more pain for

some fibromites - http://www.fms-help.com/tips.htm Years ago I

switched to Rice Dream Original Rice Milk (Wal-Mart $1.78 per quart

in the cereal aisle). I only use it only for cereal or making an

immune shake. I like the taste of this brand of rice milk a lot

better than soy milk.

>

> Sounds like what I already do

> no fast foods, nothing from bakery or deli, no Trans fats, no

> carbonated beverages,low fat. I am ion low fat,low cholesterol nad

> 800 milligrams of sodium a day so I kind of know what is in the

> foods. Ladies,gentlemen one slice of Pizza has 800 milligrams of

> sodium. I also use soy milk instead of regular milk. and nothing

> white substitute brown Rice for white, whole wheat pasta if you

have

> to eat pasta.

> I make my own bread in the bread maker since hubby is the bread

eater

> of the family. I cut fruit already cut up then eat carrots, celery

> and have to watch broccoli cauliflower spinach and kale for those

> veggies interfere with what part of my thyroid I have left. I only

> have lower left lobe left so 1/4 of my thermostat is all I have.

> I love reading what to eat and not to eat. Give you all a laugh

> after my second heart attack a friend told me so you will eat

right

> exercise and die anyway.

> Maybe we can have a recipe section here to exchange recipes that

> don't cause flares. But I love reading up on the fibro diet too

such

> interesting information. will look at the blogs later on too.

> Hugs {{{hugs}}}

> Heidi

>

-- Eat, sleep, dream and be the music!Life is short, live each day to its' fullest!Cave softly and leave no trace.Find a cure for chronic pain!Ask about The Purrfect Petsitter and Infinite Creations!

Hello, Witney,

You soundlike you live in one of the nice parts of California--like perhaps, near the Bay Area where the California food movement with people like Alice Waters got going in the 1970s. I am not to the narcotics stage and hope I never get there. I get more easily tired than the horrible pain. I do try to be careful what I eat though.

I am allergic to soy so I have to avoid it. I also don't agree with the chocolate part. Dark Chocolate is SO good for you; there's no way in hell I would ever give it up. It's my comfort food and my health food. I don't understand why they listed it. But I do everythign else right - I get homecooked meals as much as possible and I eat mostly organic, lots of fresh veggies and fruits from farmer's markets and local markets - not the supermarkets - actually I hardly ever eat from safeway except buying breyers ice cream and other homemade ice creams, something else I would never ever give up. It's my weakness. I shop mainly at Trader Joes as well and highly recommend it as they carry almost everythign organic and they have frozen meals that are healthy too. whitney walker

On Jan 4, 2008 7:28 AM, Dominie Bush <dombushbellsouth (DOT) net> wrote:

Consuming soy (soy milk, smoothies, tofu, etc.) causes more pain for some fibromites - http://www.fms-help.com/tips.htm Years ago I switched to Rice Dream Original Rice Milk (Wal-Mart $1.78 per quart in the cereal aisle). I only use it only for cereal or making an immune shake. I like the taste of this brand of rice milk a lot better than soy milk.

>> Sounds like what I already do > no fast foods, nothing from bakery or deli, no Trans fats, no > carbonated beverages,low fat. I am ion low fat,low cholesterol nad > 800 milligrams of sodium a day so I kind of know what is in the > foods. Ladies,gentlemen one slice of Pizza has 800 milligrams of > sodium. I also use soy milk instead of regular milk. and nothing > white substitute brown Rice for white, whole wheat pasta if you have > to eat pasta.> I make my own bread in the bread maker since hubby is the bread eater > of the family. I cut fruit already cut up then eat carrots, celery > and have to watch broccoli cauliflower spinach and kale for those > veggies interfere with what part of my thyroid I have left. I only > have lower left lobe left so 1/4 of my thermostat is all I have.> I love reading what to eat and not to eat. Give you all a laugh > after my second heart attack a friend told me so you will eat right > exercise and die anyway.> Maybe we can have a recipe section here to exchange recipes that > don't cause flares. But I love reading up on the fibro diet too such > interesting information. will look at the blogs later on too. > Hugs {{{hugs}}}> Heidi>-- Eat, sleep, dream and be the music!Life is short, live each day to its' fullest!Cave softly and leave no trace.Find a cure for chronic pain!Ask about The Purrfect Petsitter and Infinite Creations!

That's interesting. I'm also Type A positive.> dominie > From: dombush@...> Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 01:34:01 +0000> Subject: Re: Fibromyalgia Diet> > I'm Type A positive.> > > > >> > I have heard Eat Right 4 Your Type is very good. I wonder if FMS > occurs in mainly one blood type. I bet many of you on here are type A > like me or am I right?> >> > > > > >

I'm Type B PositiveDominie Bush <dombush@...> wrote: I'm Type A positive.>> I have heard Eat Right 4 Your Type is very good. I wonder if FMS occurs in mainly one blood type. I bet many of you on here are type A like me or am I right?>

I'm O negative also...have heard this type is not very common...that is what I heard..don't really know...

Patti in NJStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Type A positive!

- W

I have heard Eat Right 4 Your Type is very good. I wonder if FMS occurs in mainly one blood type. I bet many of you on here are type A like me or am I right?

I'm O Positive too.

Hugs, Michele - Nana & DayCare provider toTwins is and , 18 mos., Zachary, 3 yrs.,Ethan, 7 yrs., and Tony, 11 yrs.

----- Original Message -----

I'm O positive"M. " <mkarenw@...> wrote:

Type A positive!

- W

I'm O+. It's kinda hard to assume 1 blood type is more predominant for Fibro than another. Type 0, whether positive or negative is the most common blood type. So far, that's what I'm seeing most of in our Fibro group. What is interesting is my dad is A+, and my mother is 0-, so yes, it could be that A, in the line somewhere could be a link. "M. " <mkarenw@...> wrote: Type A positive! - W Re: Re: Fibromyalgia Diet I have heard Eat Right 4 Your Type is very good. I wonder if FMS occurs in mainly one blood type. I bet many of you on here are type A like me or am I right?

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

I am also 0 positive. I have cut dairy from my diet and use rice milk in place of dairy milk. It is made with brown rice and is full of vitamins so good for you. I don't eat a lot of red meat either but lots of chicken. Sometimes I think I may start laying eggs, ha ha! I am also on Omega 3 but only 750 mgs 2x daily but don't remember most times to take it in the evening with dinner. So much for fibro, huh. I take several other vitamins including, vit d, Glucosamine, calcium/magnesium and a multi that I get from my physician. All very good quality - not like the kind you get over the counter. Be blessed all! Shirley Godbout

Re: Fibromyalgia Diet

I'm O positive also. This is very interesting. I think I'll buy the eat right for your type book, and follow that diet for a while and see if it doesn't help.

Also, On aspartame and MSG, I think both are very bad for you, and do notice I feel worse when I consume them.

Right now I've cut dairy and red meat out of my diet. I've been doing this for a few days now. I will let everyone know. I also want to cut down sugar... which is SO hard for me, and wheat, although wheat seems to be in EVERYTHING!. ... that's going to be a hard one. Also soy. I've already cut that out, although traces of soy is also in everything!. ... Agh, I hate not knowing what's hurting me!!!

Thanks for listening :)

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.