RemedySpot.com

Re: doctors and caring

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I understand your frustration with your Rheumatologist. I saw one

several years ago and she wouldn't fill out forms for disability. I

found a new doctor. He was listed on Dr. Teitelbaum's website as a

doctor in my area that was familiar with his protocol. This doctor

is currently helping me with my disability filing.

Don't give up.

>

> I went to the dr yesterday for a follow-up and of course, it's the

same

> thing. I asked if he would help me with the disability. He said

no, I

> can't say you're disabled and can't work. I can say you're in pain

but

> no - I will not be able to help you. I'm going to find a good

> orthopedic dr for my spine problems and hope for the best.

> I don't know what I'll do if the lawyer won't help. The meds don't

> really help (the Flexeril do relieve the spasms, tho) and sometimes

I

> think the pain isn't worth the hassle. I can't go to see my sister

or

> my oldest son since they have stairs to the bedrooms and I hate

trying

> to pretend everything is okay (my sister does know about the pain)

and

> of course, there's the traveling. I have 2 grandkids in Oklahoma -

I

> haven't seen the boy in 5 yrs (he was 2 months old) and he has a

sister

> born 11/16th and doubt I'll be able to go up there anytime soon.

> I just keep reading the messages and other sites hoping that I can

find

> something that will help. Maybe the depression is setting in - who

> knows, my dr sure doesn't seem to care and he's a Rheumatologist.

> Thanks for listening,

> G

>

I had already contacted a lawyer before the dr said he wouldn't help

me and I got a reply from them that I was not eligible for

disablility since I haven't worked in 11 yrs. My " insurance " was

only good to 2000. What a crock! What's bad is that I know people

who druggies, alcoholics and one shot his leg off poaching deer while

drunk! The latter is working full time as a mechanic and still

drawing his disability! I have threatened my husband that one day

I'm going to go " postal " !

> >

> > I went to the dr yesterday for a follow-up and of course, it's

the

> same

> > thing. I asked if he would help me with the disability. He said

> no, I

> > can't say you're disabled and can't work. I can say you're in

pain

> but

> > no - I will not be able to help you. I'm going to find a good

> > orthopedic dr for my spine problems and hope for the best.

> > I don't know what I'll do if the lawyer won't help. The meds

don't

> > really help (the Flexeril do relieve the spasms, tho) and

sometimes

> I

> > think the pain isn't worth the hassle. I can't go to see my

sister

> or

> > my oldest son since they have stairs to the bedrooms and I hate

> trying

> > to pretend everything is okay (my sister does know about the

pain)

> and

> > of course, there's the traveling. I have 2 grandkids in

Oklahoma -

> I

> > haven't seen the boy in 5 yrs (he was 2 months old) and he has a

> sister

> > born 11/16th and doubt I'll be able to go up there anytime soon.

> > I just keep reading the messages and other sites hoping that I

can

> find

> > something that will help. Maybe the depression is setting in -

who

> > knows, my dr sure doesn't seem to care and he's a Rheumatologist.

> > Thanks for listening,

> > G

> >

>

I had already contacted a lawyer before the dr said he wouldn't help

me and I got a reply from them that I was not eligible for

disablility since I haven't worked in 11 yrs. My " insurance " was

only good to 2000. What a crock! What's bad is that I know people

who druggies, alcoholics and one shot his leg off poaching deer while

drunk! The latter is working full time as a mechanic and still

drawing his disability! I have threatened my husband that one day

I'm going to go " postal " !

> >

> > I went to the dr yesterday for a follow-up and of course, it's

the

> same

> > thing. I asked if he would help me with the disability. He said

> no, I

> > can't say you're disabled and can't work. I can say you're in

pain

> but

> > no - I will not be able to help you. I'm going to find a good

> > orthopedic dr for my spine problems and hope for the best.

> > I don't know what I'll do if the lawyer won't help. The meds

don't

> > really help (the Flexeril do relieve the spasms, tho) and

sometimes

> I

> > think the pain isn't worth the hassle. I can't go to see my

sister

> or

> > my oldest son since they have stairs to the bedrooms and I hate

> trying

> > to pretend everything is okay (my sister does know about the

pain)

> and

> > of course, there's the traveling. I have 2 grandkids in

Oklahoma -

> I

> > haven't seen the boy in 5 yrs (he was 2 months old) and he has a

> sister

> > born 11/16th and doubt I'll be able to go up there anytime soon.

> > I just keep reading the messages and other sites hoping that I

can

> find

> > something that will help. Maybe the depression is setting in -

who

> > knows, my dr sure doesn't seem to care and he's a Rheumatologist.

> > Thanks for listening,

> > G

> >

>

I hear you. My mom was trying to get disability and she can't either because she hasn't worked for x amount of years because of her pain and surgeries. My step-father was "zapped" by 13,000 volts (yes, that is correct) back in 1984 and lived to tell about it. He is considered 49% disabled and cannot receive disability, and currently he is on medical leave because of his back and having to get shots in his back and eventually surgery. I don't know why the system seems to work for idiots and not those that are really suffering and need the disability. It really isn't fair, but do not give up! Nadine arleo96 <arleo96@...> wrote: I had already contacted a lawyer before the dr said he wouldn't help me and I got a reply from them that I was not eligible for disablility since I haven't worked in 11 yrs. My "insurance" was only good to 2000. What a crock! What's bad is that I know people who druggies, alcoholics and one shot his leg off poaching deer while drunk! The latter is working full time as a mechanic and still drawing his disability! I have threatened my husband that one day I'm going to go "postal"!> >> > I went to the dr yesterday for a follow-up and of course, it's the > same > > thing. I asked if he would help me with the disability. He said > no, I > > can't say you're disabled and can't work. I can say you're in pain > but > > no - I will not be able to help you. I'm going to find a good > > orthopedic dr for my spine problems and hope for the best. > > I don't know what I'll do if the lawyer won't help. The meds don't > > really help (the Flexeril do relieve the spasms,

tho) and sometimes > I > > think the pain isn't worth the hassle. I can't go to see my sister > or > > my oldest son since they have stairs to the bedrooms and I hate > trying > > to pretend everything is okay (my sister does know about the pain) > and > > of course, there's the traveling. I have 2 grandkids in Oklahoma - > I > > haven't seen the boy in 5 yrs (he was 2 months old) and he has a > sister > > born 11/16th and doubt I'll be able to go up there anytime soon.> > I just keep reading the messages and other sites hoping that I can > find > > something that will help. Maybe the depression is setting in - who > > knows, my dr sure doesn't seem to care and he's a Rheumatologist.> > Thanks for listening,> > G>

>>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I have been very lucky with my medical and rhemo doc. Both agreed that I could no longer work. I worked as a desk clerk and standing on my feet for 8 hours a day was more than I could handle with my back and leg problems. By the time my shift was over and I drove home my husband would have to meet me in the driveway and almost carry me into the house I was in so much pain. The drive home was just 10 minutes and by the time I would get home my muscles would be so tight they wouldnt even work to get me out of the car. Everyday before work I would go to a P/T for help to loosen up the muscles just so I could work for 8 hours and then come home in pain. Then my medical doc tried something else when that didnt work. Then him and the rhemo doc got together and decided something else. Which in the meantime I was trying to work. January of 2007 after several years of trying to work and ending up in

the end in pain as this was. I agreed to go on disablity. Now Social Security has turned me down. Saying yes I have FMS and Yes I have CFS and Yes I have depression. But not serious enough to keep me from working. I said to my lawyer what kind of crock is this? He agreed. Its just Social Security's way of saying we dont want to pay you. I have worked on public jobs since I was 14 yrs old. I am now 53... Whats wrong with this picture? I can tell you those people at SS dont have this or they would know what it is like. They act like the money is coming out of their own pockets. Well maybe it is. But its also mine that I paid in for 39 yrs. Have a great day!

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Terry, I hear you. It took me 2 years to get approved for SSD. The problem in the past was it was so easy to get it that many unscrupulous people played the system, which now makes it hard for those of us that need to use it. Don't give up the fight. My attourney went back 20 years in my health history and listed everything that I had been treated with. My records did show the progression of my arthritis, back, fms depression etc. One thing that many don't put down is all visits to a chiropractor and massage therapist. Social Security recognizes both of these as pain management measures. Keep fighting. Sandie -- Re: doctors and caring I have been very lucky with my medical and rhemo doc. Both agreed that I could no longer work. I worked as a desk clerk and standing on my feet for 8 hours a day was more than I could handle with my back and leg problems. By the time my shift was over and I drove home my husband would have to meet me in the driveway and almost carry me into the house I was in so much pain. The drive home was just 10 minutes and by the time I would get home my muscles would be so tight they wouldnt even work to get me out of the car. Everyday before work I would go to a P/T for help to loosen up the muscles just so I could work for 8 hours and then come home in pain. Then my medical doc tried something else when that didnt work. Then him and the rhemo doc got together and decided something else. Which in the meantime I was trying to work. January of 2007 after several years of trying to work and ending up in the end in pain as this was. I agreed to go on disablity. Now Social Security has turned me down. Saying yes I have FMS and Yes I have CFS and Yes I have depression. But not serious enough to keep me from working. I said to my lawyer what kind of crock is this? He agreed. Its just Social Security's way of saying we dont want to pay you. I have worked on public jobs since I was 14 yrs old. I am now 53... Whats wrong with this picture? I can tell you those people at SS dont have this or they would know what it is like. They act like the money is coming out of their own pockets. Well maybe it is. But its also mine that I paid in for 39 yrs. Have a great day! Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Created by JanMarie Assembled by Sandie Head prepared by Sweet November 2007

Terry, That is so not fair! What is your next step? I can't believe SS is denying you. It's not like they pay a lot of money to people anyway. I mean it's some, but not tons. I know what you mean about your muscles tightening up on you after you sit down from standing long periods of time. With my job I stand a lot too, and 8 hours just about kills me. Let me and the others know what happens. Nadine Terry <nannaof2@...> wrote: I have been very lucky with my medical and rhemo doc. Both agreed that I could no longer work. I worked as a desk clerk and standing on my feet for 8 hours a day was more than I could handle with my back and leg problems. By the time my shift was over and I drove home my husband would have to meet me in the driveway and almost carry me into the house I was in so much pain. The drive home was just 10 minutes and by the time I would get home my muscles would be so tight they wouldnt even work to get me out of the car. Everyday before work I would go to a P/T for help to loosen up the muscles just so I could work for 8 hours and then come home in pain. Then my medical doc tried something else when that didnt work. Then him and the rhemo doc got together and decided something else. Which in the meantime I was trying to work. January of 2007 after several years of trying to

work and ending up in the end in pain as this was. I agreed to go on disablity. Now Social Security has turned me down. Saying yes I have FMS and Yes I have CFS and Yes I have depression. But not serious enough to keep me from working. I said to my lawyer what kind of crock is this? He agreed. Its just Social Security's way of saying we dont want to pay you. I have worked on public jobs since I was 14 yrs old. I am now 53... Whats wrong with this picture? I can tell you those people at SS dont have this or they would know what it is like. They act like the money is coming out of their own pockets. Well maybe it is. But its also mine that I paid in for 39 yrs. Have a great day! Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.