RemedySpot.com

Re: Question about Lyrica

Rate this topic

Guest guest

karen I am on Lyrca 150 mg 3 times a day i am okay for now. It helpd e beter than e euroti hat was on or year ormore. Jst ty tand f it bohers you all the doc and i am sure tht they wil change it.I gave it some time though. Let us know how you do. <funny_dumplin@...> wrote: My doctor prescribed Lyrica to me yesterday. I haven't taken it yet (pending approval from my insurance) but I was wondering if any other 'fibromites' here have taken it and if so, what do you think about

it? I've been a little scared of it for some reason... just wondering.Thanks!

Thank you, !!! Take care. :)

> My doctor prescribed Lyrica to me yesterday. I haven't

taken it yet

> (pending approval from my insurance) but I was wondering if any

> other 'fibromites' here have taken it and if so, what do you think

> about it? I've been a little scared of it for some reason... just

> wondering.

>

> Thanks!

>

>

I have just had my Lyrica up'd to 3 a day (150mg) I take 1 in the morning and 2 at night. Just remember you may start out with some side effects, but they should go away after a couple of weeks (sometimes they don't though and people had to stop taking it.) I'm one of the lucky ones that didn't really have the side effects. After starting the 3 a day, I wake up with my hands swollen just a smidge, but it goes away as the day goes on. I think it is helping my Fibro pain and I've noticed that I'm not getting as many "knots". However my RA pain has been up there this last week, unfortunately Lyrica can't help that. Let me know how it goes. Nadine <funny_dumplin@...> wrote: Thank you, !!! Take care. :)> My doctor prescribed Lyrica to me yesterday. I haven't taken it yet > (pending approval from my insurance) but I was wondering if any > other 'fibromites' here have taken it

and if so, what do you think > about it? I've been a little scared of it for some reason... just > wondering.> > Thanks!> >

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Hi Beth, Thanks for the response. It IS hard when you are used to doing everything and you are no longer able to do it. Sometimes I think that frustration feeds the fibro. I'm single so it's not like I can depend on someone else for support, financially or emotionally. That's very difficult, too. My mother tells me she doesn't know how I go to work everyday feeling the way I do, hurting so badly and I tell her I don't have a choice! I've always been a planner and I've realized I can no longer plan in advance because I don't know if I'll be able to move on that day. I've wondered if anyone has a special mattress that makes lying down/sleeping more comfortable. I've wished I had a big tub of jello that I could ly in with no pressure on any part of my body. Insurance probably wouldn't cover that, huh? (: It does help to know we aren't not alone...thanks! "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon."

Hi , Thanks for the reply! How hard was it for you to accept the fact that you needed a handicap sticker? I think acceptance is a big problem, not only with fibro but with life in general. I'm working on it though!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Hi , Thanks for the reply! How hard was it for you to accept the fact that you needed a handicap sticker? I think acceptance is a big problem, not only with fibro but with life in general. I'm working on it though!

Hi , It took me a long time to even bring it up with my doctor. My mom passed away humm almost 13 years ago now and I never threw hers away! I never used it either until the past 2 years. The fact that I found out I could be fined $400 (because it's an old one) made me mention it to my doctor. The fact that he didn't even question it caused me to be taken aback a little. I thought he was going to tell me I need to walk, etc, etc. He never uttered those words..... I only use it on bad days. And then, anyone who saw me would see that I have trouble getting out of the car and walking at first. What's harder for me to accept is my dad is going to be 87 and my step mom is 80 and they have none of this so they are healthier than I am :( That's the hardest part hugs in Phx M

<kt_55@...> wrote: Hi , Thanks for the reply! How hard was it for you to accept the fact that you needed a handicap sticker? I think acceptance is a big problem, not only with fibro but with life in general. I'm working on it though!

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hi- I'm wondering if anyone has a Temperpedic mattress? They seem heavenly!! I am very upset today- my uncaring husband brought his son over yesterday (not the problem) without telling me he had mono 3 weeks ago.Anyone know how long that is contagious? My stepson sounded like he was coughing up a lung all evening-Jeez!!! M <kt_55@...> wrote: Hi Beth, Thanks for the response. It IS hard when you are used to doing everything and you are no longer able to do it. Sometimes I think that frustration feeds the fibro. I'm single so it's not like I can depend on someone else for support, financially or emotionally. That's very difficult, too. My mother tells me she doesn't know how I go to work everyday feeling the way I do, hurting so badly and I tell her I don't have a choice! I've always been a planner and I've realized I can no longer plan in advance because I don't know if I'll be able to move on that day. I've wondered if anyone has a special mattress that makes lying down/sleeping more comfortable. I've wished I had a big tub of jello that I could ly in with no pressure on any part of my body. Insurance probably wouldn't cover that, huh? (: It does help to know we aren't

not alone...thanks! "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon." Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Beth Moorman

Beth, I have a foam mattress topper that is similar to the Temperpedic mattress. Wish I could afford one of the temperpedic mattresses. My topper is so comfortable. You can check around and see if anyplace advertises the space foam mattresses. They can be gotten for a lot less then the temperpedic. I have been considering getting one. Not sure on the Mono. Sandie -- Re: Re: Question about Lyrica Hi- I'm wondering if anyone has a Temperpedic mattress? They seem heavenly!! I am very upset today- my uncaring husband brought his son over yesterday (not the problem) without telling me he had mono 3 weeks ago.Anyone know how long that is contagious? My stepson sounded like he was coughing up a lung all evening-Jeez!!! M <kt_55@...> wrote: Hi Beth, Thanks for the response. It IS hard when you are used to doing everything and you are no longer able to do it. Sometimes I think that frustration feeds the fibro. I'm single so it's not like I can depend on someone else for support, financially or emotionally. That's very difficult, too. My mother tells me she doesn't know how I go to work everyday feeling the way I do, hurting so badly and I tell her I don't have a choice! I've always been a planner and I've realized I can no longer plan in advance because I don't know if I'll be able to move on that day. I've wondered if anyone has a special mattress that makes lying down/sleeping more comfortable. I've wished I had a big tub of jello that I could ly in with no pressure on any part of my body. Insurance probably wouldn't cover that, huh? (: It does help to know we aren't not alone...thanks! "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon."

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Beth Moorman

head and mask by Sweet

April 21,2007

Thanks Sandie- I looked at the temperpedic mattresses and they were sooo expensive! We have a king bed! I will look into a foam mattress topper-Thank you for the info!!!!! Bethmemommy1947 <MEMOMMY1947@...> wrote: Beth, I have a foam mattress topper that is similar to the Temperpedic mattress. Wish I could afford one of the temperpedic mattresses. My topper is so comfortable. You can check around and see if anyplace advertises the space foam mattresses. They can be gotten for a lot less then the temperpedic. I have been considering getting one. Not sure on the Mono. Sandie -- Re: Re: Question about Lyrica Hi- I'm wondering if anyone has a Temperpedic mattress? They seem heavenly!! I am very upset today-

my uncaring husband brought his son over yesterday (not the problem) without telling me he had mono 3 weeks ago.Anyone know how long that is contagious? My stepson sounded like he was coughing up a lung all evening-Jeez!!! M <kt_55@...> wrote: Hi Beth, Thanks for the response. It IS hard when you are used to doing everything and you are no longer able to do it. Sometimes I think that frustration feeds the fibro. I'm single so it's not like I can depend on someone else for support, financially or emotionally. That's very difficult, too. My mother tells me she doesn't know how I go to work everyday feeling the way I do, hurting so badly and I tell her I don't have a choice! I've always been a planner and I've realized I can no longer plan in advance because I don't know if I'll be able to move on that day. I've wondered if anyone has a special mattress that makes lying down/sleeping more comfortable. I've wished I had a big tub of jello that I

could ly in with no pressure on any part of my body. Insurance probably wouldn't cover that, huh? (: It does help to know we aren't not alone...thanks! "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon." Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Beth Moorman Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. head and mask by Sweet April 21,2007 Beth Moorman

I got my topper at Walmart for under $100 for a queen bed. Overstock.Com has them at a good price also and in different thicknesses. Sandie -- Re: Re: Question about Lyrica Hi- I'm wondering if anyone has a Temperpedic mattress? They seem heavenly!! I am very upset today- my uncaring husband brought his son over yesterday (not the problem) without telling me he had mono 3 weeks ago.Anyone know how long that is contagious? My stepson sounded like he was coughing up a lung all evening-Jeez!!! M <kt_55@...> wrote: Hi Beth, Thanks for the response. It IS hard when you are used to doing everything and you are no longer able to do it. Sometimes I think that frustration feeds the fibro. I'm single so it's not like I can depend on someone else for support, financially or emotionally. That's very difficult, too. My mother tells me she doesn't know how I go to work everyday feeling the way I do, hurting so badly and I tell her I don't have a choice! I've always been a planner and I've realized I can no longer plan in advance because I don't know if I'll be able to move on that day. I've wondered if anyone has a special mattress that makes lying down/sleeping more comfortable. I've wished I had a big tub of jello that I could ly in with no pressure on any part of my body. Insurance probably wouldn't cover that, huh? (: It does help to know we aren't not alone...thanks! "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon."

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Beth Moorman Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

head and mask by Sweet

April 21,2007 Beth Moorman

head and mask by Sweet

April 21,2007

We bought a Temperpedic topper for our bed. It's 3 inches thick and it makes a big difference, it feels sooo good. I like it so much, I finally went to a store to lay down on the real Temperpedic mattress and I was disappointed. It felt stiff and ungiving. The sales person told me that everyone feels that way at first, that you have to lay down on it for more than just a couple minutes for you to feel it's softness. So now I don't know if I want one anymore. But I sure can recommend the topper.

Regarding mono, you are most contagious while you have a fever, but apparently you remain contagious, even after you begin feeling better. So avoid any personal contact with ytour stepson.

Pam

Re: Re: Question about Lyrica

Hi- I'm wondering if anyone has a Temperpedic mattress? They seem heavenly!! I am very upset today- my uncaring husband brought his son over yesterday (not the problem) without telling me he had mono 3 weeks ago.Anyone know how long that is contagious? My stepson sounded like he was coughing up a lung all evening-Jeez!!! M <kt_55 > wrote:

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the response. It IS hard when you are used to doing everything and you are no longer able to do it. Sometimes I think that frustration feeds the fibro. I'm single so it's not like I can depend on someone else for support, financially or emotionally. That's very difficult, too. My mother tells me she doesn't know how I go to work everyday feeling the way I do, hurting so badly and I tell her I don't have a choice! I've always been a planner and I've realized I can no longer plan in advance because I don't know if I'll be able to move on that day.

I've wondered if anyone has a special mattress that makes lying down/sleeping more comfortable. I've wished I had a big tub of jello that I could ly in with no pressure on any part of my body. Insurance probably wouldn't cover that, huh? (:

It does help to know we aren't not alone...thanks!

"Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon."

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Beth Moorman

I don't have the foam but I have a "Cuddle Ewe" that I don't think I could live without - it goes between the sheet and the mattress and cuddles your joints. My folks gave it to me for my birthday last year.memommy1947 <MEMOMMY1947@...> wrote: Beth, I have a

foam mattress topper that is similar to the Temperpedic mattress. Wish I could afford one of the temperpedic mattresses. My topper is so comfortable. You can check around and see if anyplace advertises the space foam mattresses. They can be gotten for a lot less then the temperpedic. I have been considering getting one. Not sure on the Mono. Sandie -- Re: Re: Question about Lyrica Hi- I'm wondering if anyone has a Temperpedic mattress? They seem heavenly!! I am very upset today- my uncaring husband brought his son over yesterday (not the problem) without telling me he had mono 3 weeks ago.Anyone know how long that is contagious? My stepson sounded like he was coughing up a lung all evening-Jeez!!! M <kt_55@...> wrote: Hi Beth, Thanks for the response. It IS hard when you are used to doing everything and you are no longer able to do it. Sometimes I think that frustration feeds the fibro. I'm single so it's not like I can depend on someone else for support, financially or emotionally. That's very difficult, too.

My mother tells me she doesn't know how I go to work everyday feeling the way I do, hurting so badly and I tell her I don't have a choice! I've always been a planner and I've realized I can no longer plan in advance because I don't know if I'll be able to move on that day. I've wondered if anyone has a special mattress that makes lying down/sleeping more comfortable. I've wished I had a big tub of jello that I could ly in with no pressure on any part of my body. Insurance probably wouldn't cover that, huh? (: It does help to know we aren't not alone...thanks! "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon."

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Beth Moorman Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. head and mask by Sweet April 21,2007

I have heard the same thing from people who have purchased them Pam - I don't think I'd want one but a topper (after my Cuddle Ewe wears out!) may be the ticket. And I don't think mono is contagious unless you shared the same glass or something like that. It's not an airborn thing. hugs in phxPam Horne <pmarshall@...> wrote: We bought a Temperpedic topper for our bed. It's 3 inches thick and it makes a big difference, it feels sooo good. I like it so much, I finally went to a store to lay down on the real Temperpedic mattress and I was disappointed. It felt stiff and ungiving. The sales person told me that everyone feels that

way at first, that you have to lay down on it for more than just a couple minutes for you to feel it's softness. So now I don't know if I want one anymore. But I sure can recommend the topper.

I had a Cuddle Ewe years ago but it had a funny chemical smell, so I

had to give up using it. I gave it to a dear friend with Lupus and she

loved it! Just shows everyone is different. My present bed has an

inch or two of foam on the top and it feels good to me. I can't stand

a hard bed.

i actually sleep on a foam mattress directly on the floor... and actually sleep better this may then on a real mattress.. *shrugs* whatever works i guess liz M <kt_55@...> wrote: Hi Beth, Thanks for the response. It IS hard when you are used to doing everything and you are no longer able to do it. Sometimes I think that frustration feeds the fibro. I'm single so it's not like I can depend on someone else for support, financially or

emotionally. That's very difficult, too. My mother tells me she doesn't know how I go to work everyday feeling the way I do, hurting so badly and I tell her I don't have a choice! I've always been a planner and I've realized I can no longer plan in advance because I don't know if I'll be able to move on that day. I've wondered if anyone has a special mattress that makes lying down/sleeping more comfortable. I've wished I had a big tub of jello that I could ly in with no pressure on any part of my body. Insurance probably wouldn't cover that, huh? (: It does help to know we aren't not alone...thanks! "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant

shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon." Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

typically mono is only contagious through saliva.. hence why it is nick named the "kissing disease", as long as you don't share glasses and eating utentsils you should be fine.. typically for any condition if there is no fever then contagion is typically not a problem...Beth Moorman <bethmrmn@...> wrote: Hi- I'm wondering if anyone has a Temperpedic mattress? They seem heavenly!! I am very upset today- my uncaring husband brought his son over yesterday (not the problem) without telling me he had mono 3 weeks ago.Anyone know how long that is

contagious? My stepson sounded like he was coughing up a lung all evening-Jeez!!! M <kt_55 > wrote: Hi Beth, Thanks for the response. It IS hard when you are used to doing everything and you are no longer able to do it. Sometimes I think that frustration feeds the fibro. I'm single so it's not like I can depend on someone else for support, financially or emotionally. That's very difficult, too. My mother tells me she doesn't know how I go to work everyday feeling the way I do, hurting so badly and I tell her I don't have a choice! I've always been a planner and I've realized I can no longer plan in advance because I don't know if I'll be able to move on that day. I've wondered if anyone has a special mattress that makes

lying down/sleeping more comfortable. I've wished I had a big tub of jello that I could ly in with no pressure on any part of my body. Insurance probably wouldn't cover that, huh? (: It does help to know we aren't not alone...thanks! "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon." Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Beth Moorman Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

in addition the virus that caues mono is extremely common.. (like virtually 100% have it any ways) you can get symptoms if the first exposure is at a later age... most of use with CFS have been exposed to this virus.. i guess the point is that you probably been exposed and have immunity to it anyway.. he can be susceptible to strep throat as well (doctors typically give an antiboitic for the strep then for the mono)... i had mono a few years ago actually liz Gamble <eagamble@...> wrote: typically mono is only contagious through saliva.. hence why it is nick named the "kissing disease", as long as you don't share glasses and eating utentsils you should be fine.. typically for any condition if there is no fever then contagion is typically not a problem...Beth Moorman <bethmrmn > wrote: Hi- I'm wondering if anyone has a Temperpedic mattress? They seem heavenly!! I am very upset today- my uncaring husband brought his son over yesterday (not the problem) without telling me he had mono 3 weeks ago.Anyone know how long that is contagious? My stepson sounded like he was coughing up a lung all evening-Jeez!!! M <kt_55 > wrote: Hi Beth, Thanks for the

response. It IS hard when you are used to doing everything and you are no longer able to do it. Sometimes I think that frustration feeds the fibro. I'm single so it's not like I can depend on someone else for support, financially or emotionally. That's very difficult, too. My mother tells me she doesn't know how I go to work everyday feeling the way I do, hurting so badly and I tell her I don't have a choice! I've always been a planner and I've realized I can no longer plan in advance because I don't know if I'll be able to move on that day. I've wondered if anyone has a special mattress that makes lying down/sleeping more comfortable. I've wished I had a big tub of jello that I could ly in with no pressure on any part of my body. Insurance probably wouldn't cover that, huh? (: It does help to know we aren't not

alone...thanks! "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon." Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Beth Moorman Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

oh you're right - when I first got mine it had a weird smell, but it went away like within the first week. Thankfully it was okay for me once I got the sheet on it but I worried about it - cuz it sure stinks when you open that plastic! LOL hugs karen in phxDominie Bush <dombush@...> wrote: I had a Cuddle Ewe years ago but it had a funny chemical smell, so I had to give up using it. I gave it to a dear friend with Lupus and she loved it! Just shows everyone is different. My present bed has an inch or two of foam on the top and it feels good to me. I can't stand a hard bed.

Thanks for the great info, Liz! I was worried-we had been eating out of the same chip bowl, etc.I know my oldest daughter had mono some years back, but I couldn't remember much about it-that's a surprise, huh?? lol Thanks, again!!! Gamble <eagamble@...> wrote: in addition the virus that caues mono is extremely common.. (like virtually 100% have it any ways) you can

get symptoms if the first exposure is at a later age... most of use with CFS have been exposed to this virus.. i guess the point is that you probably been exposed and have immunity to it anyway.. he can be susceptible to strep throat as well (doctors typically give an antiboitic for the strep then for the mono)... i had mono a few years ago actually liz Gamble <eagamble@...> wrote: typically mono is only contagious through saliva.. hence why it is nick named the "kissing disease", as long as you don't share glasses and eating utentsils you should be fine.. typically for any condition if there is no fever then contagion is typically not a problem...Beth Moorman <bethmrmn > wrote: Hi- I'm wondering if anyone has a Temperpedic mattress? They seem heavenly!! I am very upset today- my uncaring husband brought his son over yesterday (not the problem) without telling me he had mono 3 weeks ago.Anyone know how long that is contagious? My stepson sounded like he was coughing up a lung all evening-Jeez!!! M <kt_55 > wrote: Hi Beth, Thanks for the response. It IS hard when you are used to doing everything and you are no longer able to do it. Sometimes I think that frustration feeds the fibro. I'm single so it's not like I can depend on someone else for support, financially or emotionally. That's very difficult, too. My mother tells me she doesn't know how I go

to work everyday feeling the way I do, hurting so badly and I tell her I don't have a choice! I've always been a planner and I've realized I can no longer plan in advance because I don't know if I'll be able to move on that day. I've wondered if anyone has a special mattress that makes lying down/sleeping more comfortable. I've wished I had a big tub of jello that I could ly in with no pressure on any part of my body. Insurance probably wouldn't cover that, huh? (: It does help to know we aren't not alone...thanks! "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon." Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Beth Moorman Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Beth Moorman

What is a cuddle Ewe? Dominie Bush <dombush@...> wrote: I had a Cuddle Ewe years ago but it had a funny chemical smell, so I had to give up using it. I gave it to a dear friend with Lupus and she loved it! Just shows everyone is different. My present bed has an inch or two of foam on the top and it feels good to me. I can't stand a hard bed.

It's a topper for your mattress that is filled with fluffy stuff,

although I found it firmer to sleep on than a convoluted foam topper.

But each to their own!

>

> What is a cuddle Ewe?

Thanks Dominie!Dominie Bush <dombush@...> wrote: It's a topper for your mattress that is filled with fluffy stuff, although I found it firmer to sleep on than a convoluted foam topper. But each to their own!>> What is a cuddle Ewe?

Has anyone had trouble with a chemical odor coming from the tempurpedic

or space foam mattresses? That's the only negative I've heard about

them. Maybe it goes away after awhile? Comments?

>

> Thanks Sandie- I looked at the temperpedic mattresses and they were

sooo expensive! We have a king bed! I will look into a foam mattress

topper-Thank you for the info!!!!! Beth

>

I didn't notice any problem with odor. I got mine at Walmart and it came with a zippered cover so that it could be washed. Sandie -- Re: Question about Lyrica Has anyone had trouble with a chemical odor coming from the tempurpedic or space foam mattresses? That's the only negative I've heard about them. Maybe it goes away after awhile? Comments? > > Thanks Sandie- I looked at the temperpedic mattresses and they were sooo expensive! We have a king bed! I will look into a foam mattress topper-Thank you for the info!!!!! Beth >