RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: The Fibromyalgia Spectrum

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello, Listers:

I have been subscribed to Dominie's newsletter since about 2005. At first, I was so excited to know I had something that was a real something and was not just me being lazy or uncooperative.

In fall 2006, I tried going for water therapy--exercising in water. It helped some but the stratching exercises the therapist taught me kept me awake at night in agony so I had to stop them. He was a strange therapist anyway. He said the the FMS he had always seen was found in fat, 40something, frustrated, females. I had just turned 40 but did not qualify in the other two categories. If he had spent as much time learning about FMS as he did to keep his body perfectly smooth, the metrosexual thing I suspect, he might have learned more about this crazy syndrome.

Now, I hate it. I have not been to see my rhumatologist in a year; and he has no ideas. When I did go I would ask about things I'd read, and he never said anything either for or against.

Best

Just another example of the stereotype from people who can't be bothered to educate themselves about FMS.I guess most people think we are crazy, menopausal or hormonal women who just want to complain- very sad..... F <triviaguy@...> wrote: Hello, Listers: I have been subscribed to Dominie's newsletter since about 2005. At first, I was so excited to know I had something that was a real something and was not just me being lazy or uncooperative. In fall 2006, I tried going for water therapy--exercising in water. It helped some but the stratching exercises the therapist taught me kept me awake at night in agony so I had to stop them. He was a strange therapist anyway. He said the the FMS he had always seen was found in fat, 40something, frustrated, females. I had just turned 40 but did not qualify in the other two categories. If he had spent as much time learning about FMS as he did to keep his body perfectly smooth, the metrosexual thing I suspect, he might have learned more about this crazy syndrome. Now, I hate it. I have not been to see my rhumatologist in a year; and he has no ideas. When I did go I would ask about things I'd read, and he never said anything either for or against. Best Beth Moorman

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

It IS sad. I gave up on doctors quite awhile ago and began to research things for myself. It seems that many doctors dismiss us because they have no idea what to do to make us better. Doctors spend many years learning how to 'cut and paste' people ;-) but not much time on how the body systems work together and why things go wrong. Hopefully that is changing for the next generation.

If someone asks me what's wrong I usually say I have a chronic pain condition and leave it at that. Most people don't even bother to ask anything else. If they do, I tell them.

dominie From: bethmrmn@...Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:25:19 -0800Subject: Re: Re: The Fibromyalgia Spectrum

Just another example of the stereotype from people who can't be bothered to educate themselves about FMS.I guess most people think we are crazy, menopausal or hormonal women who just want to complain- very sad..... F <triviaguy@...> wrote:

Hello, Listers:

I have been subscribed to Dominie's newsletter since about 2005. At first, I was so excited to know I had something that was a real something and was not just me being lazy or uncooperative.

In fall 2006, I tried going for water therapy--exercising in water. It helped some but the stratching exercises the therapist taught me kept me awake at night in agony so I had to stop them. He was a strange therapist anyway. He said the the FMS he had always seen was found in fat, 40something, frustrated, females. I had just turned 40 but did not qualify in the other two categories. If he had spent as much time learning about FMS as he did to keep his body perfectly smooth, the metrosexual thing I suspect, he might have learned more about this crazy syndrome.

Now, I hate it. I have not been to see my rhumatologist in a year; and he has no ideas. When I did go I would ask about things I'd read, and he never said anything either for or against.

BestBeth Moorman

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. HO HO HO, if you've been naughty this year, email Santa! Visit asksanta.ca to learn more!

unfortunately it took me 3 years to convince my mother (a doctor) that i was ill and not just depressed/hysterical... it is very sad.. it often makes me wonder that we are done no justice when anti-depressants are the big treatment and are so effective (not that i'm not glad something works) but i think it addes to the misconception that it "all in the head" when anti-depressants improves sympotoms... i hope that makes sense.. blessed be lizBeth Moorman <bethmrmn@...> wrote: Just another

example of the stereotype from people who can't be bothered to educate themselves about FMS.I guess most people think we are crazy, menopausal or hormonal women who just want to complain- very sad..... F <triviaguybellsouth (DOT) net> wrote: Hello, Listers: I have been subscribed to Dominie's newsletter since about 2005. At first, I was so excited to know I had something that was a real something and was not just me being lazy or uncooperative. In fall 2006, I tried going for water therapy--exercising in water. It helped some but the stratching exercises the therapist taught me kept me awake at night in agony so I had to stop them.

He was a strange therapist anyway. He said the the FMS he had always seen was found in fat, 40something, frustrated, females. I had just turned 40 but did not qualify in the other two categories. If he had spent as much time learning about FMS as he did to keep his body perfectly smooth, the metrosexual thing I suspect, he might have learned more about this crazy syndrome. Now, I hate it. I have not been to see my rhumatologist in a year; and he has no ideas. When I did go I would ask about things I'd read, and he never said anything either for or against. BestBeth Moorman Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

I have not been able to take anti-depressants-except for 25mg of Elavil daily which I believe to be an anti-depressant.I have been taking Lyrica recently with some pain relief but I feel a huge flare coming on and with it comes the anxiety of how miserable I will be. We are having very cold weather here in Ohio and I think that is a one of the triggers for me. My fingers are so stiff I can hardly type- I am thankful to have this group who will listen and understand when no one else does. Gamble <eagamble@...> wrote: unfortunately it took me 3 years to convince my mother (a doctor) that i was ill and not just depressed/hysterical... it is very sad.. it often makes me wonder that we are done no justice when anti-depressants are the big treatment and are so effective (not that i'm not glad something works) but i think it addes to the misconception that it "all in the head" when anti-depressants improves sympotoms... i hope that makes sense.. blessed be lizBeth Moorman <bethmrmn@...> wrote: Just another example of the stereotype from people who can't be bothered to educate themselves about FMS.I guess most people think we

are crazy, menopausal or hormonal women who just want to complain- very sad..... F <triviaguybellsouth (DOT) net> wrote: Hello, Listers: I have been subscribed to Dominie's newsletter since about 2005. At first, I was so excited to know I had something that was a real something and was not just me being lazy or uncooperative. In fall 2006, I tried going for water therapy--exercising in water. It helped some but the stratching exercises the therapist taught me kept me awake at night in agony so I had to stop them. He was a strange therapist anyway. He said the the FMS he had always seen was found in

fat, 40something, frustrated, females. I had just turned 40 but did not qualify in the other two categories. If he had spent as much time learning about FMS as he did to keep his body perfectly smooth, the metrosexual thing I suspect, he might have learned more about this crazy syndrome. Now, I hate it. I have not been to see my rhumatologist in a year; and he has no ideas. When I did go I would ask about things I'd read, and he never said anything either for or against. BestBeth Moorman Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Beth Moorman

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.